Author Topic: READY FOR HIS FIRST DEER HUNT  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Sweethearts Mom

• Dedicated Contributor
READY FOR HIS FIRST DEER HUNT
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:55:56 AM »
Just wanted to show you that my grandson is very prepared for his first deer hunt coming up at Grandpas house.

This weekend was Cubscout Cuboree where he got to show off his "sniper" skills.

Offline Tuxdad

• Prepper
Re: READY FOR HIS FIRST DEER HUNT
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 11:28:01 AM »
AWESOME !! Just make sure he saves the rest of us a deer when he goes out... He might take 3 or more with one shot...

Fine job by your grandson !! :clap:

Offline BatonRouge Bill

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:30:41 AM »
Awsome!!! I enjoyed taking the safe hunter coarses with my two girls as they each got old enough,  and my girls sat deer stands with either me or their Aunt Bonnie for a couple/three years before I would allow them to shoot at a deer. I would make them target shoot kill zones on the paper deer poster targets. End result was when ever they pulled the trigger I cleaned a deer. Never had one runoff and die unfound. My youngest daughter killed two bucks last season, oldest daughter in college and hadn't been in the woods for the last three years but is hinting on going this year but I think it's just to show off to her boyfriend. (non hunter type).
I'm sure hid dad is proud...but will be giving up the shooting on quite a few hunts in leu of his son!!!
I settled for the primitive hunts for myself for a while!

Offline Sweethearts Mom

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:40:10 PM »
Baton rouge Bill...unfortunately this boy doesn't have a dad in the picture but his mom hunts and his grandfather and brother hunt and they are very proud. I don't hunt but I support legal hunting and I am over the top proud.

When I pointed to the center hole and said "HOLY COW"...He just shrugged and said "Yep I hit the middle"....like it was no biggie.

If he gets a deer his first trip out his grandfather will mount the head and I will take the hide and he and I tan it and make it into something cool.

He has been sitting on stand with Grand Pa for a couple of years now.

Offline BatonRouge Bill

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 07:11:55 PM »
It takes a village to raise a child and it sound like he has one! Thats great, when he gets his first one, if the Mods allow, we want Pics!!! Also a pic of Mom and son usually always gets in the local paper along with his story. Great scrap book stuff!
Also... The women at our camp only hunt, no cooking, cleaning, etc. It's their break from homemaking, and then they often just sleep in on the frosty mornings and cherry pick the evening hunts. To cut thru my not so suttle hints.. If the guys set you up in a comfortable box stand, you may find you like hunting yourself!!

Offline Sweethearts Mom

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 08:49:44 PM »
LOL I used to hunt when Grandpa wasn't my now EX. I doubt Mrs. Ex would appreciate me coming up to her deer camp.

I am ok with just staying here and tanning the hides. Besides...I have proven too many times I just can't be quiet enough.

I do love venison though. I really hope he gets one!