Author Topic: Shelf Reliance Customer Service?  (Read 4922 times)

Offline Donulld

• Prepper
  • 2nd Class Citizen
Shelf Reliance Customer Service?
« on: January 15, 2013, 06:23:39 AM »
I do not know what is going on with Shelf Reliance. I call and sit on hold for hours. I send an e-mail, get an automated response, and then nothing else for over a week.

Just really frustrating for me.

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
Re: Shelf Reliance Customer Service?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 06:32:58 AM »
I've heard that from a few people in the last week.  If you hear anything more from them, please keep us updated!

Offline MaddoginMass

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 06:37:43 AM »
I was considering placing an order from them, now I think I will hold off.

EOTS

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 10:25:30 AM »
Hm. Lately, I've been on the phone with them often (I had multiple orders in, FedEx was messing with the shipping and was more responsive to SR than to me, later I had questions...). In fact, I was on the phone just before sitting down here. I did realize it was taking a "long" time to get to a human, and looked at the timer on the phone -- I'd been waiting 7 minutes.

FWIW, when I call, I try really hard to call them at the beginning of their work day -- 9 AM, IIRC, Mountain Time. That seems to help.

But not only have I gotten through to a human, Friday I actually had to call twice -- once midday (moderate wait), and once late in the day (almost no wait at all). I had a friend call yesterday -- she got through no problem, too. I asked because I was curious how they would resolve her problem (she was very pleased).

Frankly, I really prefer their live chat, since you get a transcript, but it's been offline since Thanksgiving  :P . And personally, I'm not a big fan of "email us" in general. I've not bothered trying with Shelf Reliance, mainly because my experience with other sites is I send a message, and if I get a response, it's at least a week. That's not helpful.

Sorry you're running into this.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 11:08:09 AM »
I had to call them about my harvest 72.  they got to me immediately, but that was the Monday after Thanksgiving.  so I do not know about their current situation.

I was quite pleased with the service I got.

Offline JC2

• Senior Survivalist
    • Harvesting Grace Farm
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 03:16:33 AM »
Ordered my harvest 72 last July/August and even then i didn't think the ordering process went the best. They did rectify the problem but still a bit on the frustrating side. I will say it was worth the wait - it is a great system:)

Offline Eriko

• Survivor
  • What one thing did you do today to prep?
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 12:52:05 PM »
Any updated info on their customer service? Did the original poster get the help they were looking for?

-eriko

Offline EN

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 05:59:45 PM »
I ordered two harvest 72's from them online.  I noticed they charged me sales tax so I called them the next day to discuss it.  I was informed that because they have representatives in each state they have to charge sales tax.  The telephone representative also told me that I could get a better deal from their local reps than online.  I promptly asked for the contact info for the local rep and told them I would be happy to cancel my online order and deal with their local rep.  The telephone representative said they would not give out that information, but I would have to give them my contact information and they would have the local rep call me.  I declined.  I received my two harvest 72's and put them together.  I had to really beat on a couple of the crossmembers as they were too long.  Other than that it all went great.

Bonnieblue2A

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 06:39:08 PM »
I 've been pleased with all my Shelf Reliance purchases to date. But, I've never dealt directly with the company. Instead I order through a consultant. She is able to get me better prices even than I could get with the TSP-MSB membership.

https://sites.google.com/site/southernbelleprepper/home