Author Topic: Wood burning cook stove from Lehmans.  (Read 7511 times)

Offline splinter99

• Prepper
Wood burning cook stove from Lehmans.
« on: October 19, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
This summer I took a week vacation and drove out to Lehmans          http://www.lehmans.com/     and picked up this wood burning cook stove. I could have had it delivered but its a fun store to go to. Also bought a giant stainless steel sauerkraut slicer, a pea sheller, a black walnut cracker,a cherry pitter, books and about a thousand dollars worth of other stuff (How much did we save on shipping?lol)
I ripped out the fireplace, put up backer board and tile and by the end of the week the installation was finished, complete with brand new stainless steel chimney stack.
Now that the weather is finally getting cooler we fired it up..WOW, I cant believe how well it heats our house, we have been making wood fired pizzas, loaves of bread,roasted chickens, baked potatoes, you name it. Right now we are enjoying homemade chicken pot pies.  It really uses very little wood as well, and in a SHTF case, would replace your stove, oven and furnace. We could not be any more pleased with this stove

Offline Dawgus

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Wood burning cook stove from Lehmans.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 06:39:42 PM »
 Thats a great looking stove,splinter. I've looked at the same one a few times when there. I love Lehmans. We're only 45 minutes away so we go there 4-5 times a year.

Offline splinter99

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
Im glad they are a couple of hours away from us..I would be broke. Im really happy with everything we bought from there

Offline NWBowhunter

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Got Elk!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
Neat stove does it have afan attachment the circulates the heat?

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »
How much square footage is it heating for you?

Offline splinter99

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 06:53:36 AM »
No fan on it, waiting to try it out for the first year to decide if we would like to put a heat reclamier on it

The whole house is about 2100 square feet, heating well for now in these warmer temps

Offline smajda

• Prepper
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 07:10:53 PM »
Thanks for sharing this! Looks great

Offline BerserkerPrime

• Ice Humping Polar Bear
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • God, Guns and Oil!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 09:24:10 AM »
Wow, that's a nice set up!  I'd love to try it.  What are you burning in it?  I burn birch almost exclusively, great BTUs!

Safety Note:  Is that recepticle code?  I'd sure hate to see something happen during a cold snap when you are really cranking the stove. 

FYI, I use http://image.lehmans.com/lehmans/Images/products/main/88515.jpg this self powered fan (available at Leman's). 

Thanks for sharing your picts and information!

BP