Author Topic: New Version: Berkey Light Water Purification System w/ 4 Black Berkey Elements  (Read 4194 times)

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
New Version: Berkey Light Water Purification System w/ 4 Black Berkey Elements

http://directive21.com/berkey-light.html

Debuting this week is the NEW Version of the Berkey Light, which can now hold up to 4 Black Berkey Elements.

The new version comes with 4 holes, which means it can now up to hold 4 Black Berkey Elements.

Prices are:
2 Black Berkey Elements - $220
4 Black Berkey Elements - $315

2 Plugs are also now included with purchase of the Berkey Light Water Purification system.

We still have the older version, which we sell for 209 dollars. This version will only hold 2 black berkey elements, and we have a limited supply.

theberkeyguy

Thox Spuddy

What difference is there between having w/4 black to w/2 black? Does the 4 take longer to filter? Is it more effective? Can it be used with just two elements? Do these units come with the black elements or do you have to buy filters separately? Would the black elements be used with the fluoride elements?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:54:42 AM by Thox Spuddy »

Offline P_Coltrane

• Survivalist Mentor
It is my understanding that four elements deliver filtered water to you faster than two.

Thox Spuddy

I found the answers to my above questions being that they were right there in the original post and on the website. Thanks.

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
What difference is there between having w/4 black to w/2 black? Does the 4 take longer to filter? Is it more effective? Can it be used with just two elements? Do these units come with the black elements or do you have to buy filters separately? Would the black elements be used with the fluoride elements?

Great question, it only has to do with flowrate, and having 4 filters will increase the flow rate.  It can be used with 2 or 4 elements at a time.  The units do come with 2 black berkey elements, but more can be purchased.
The Black Berkey Elements can be used with the PF2 Filters.

theberkeyguy

Thox Spuddy

Great question, it only has to do with flowrate, and having 4 filters will increase the flow rate.  It can be used with 2 or 4 elements at a time.  The units do come with 2 black berkey elements, but more can be purchased.
The Black Berkey Elements can be used with the PF2 Filters.

theberkeyguy

The unit that sells for $220 will accommodate 4 filters, does that mean it would hold 2 blacks and 2 PF2 filters at the same time? Or either or? Does the PF2 only filter out fluoride or all that the black filter does plus fluoride? What would I use in that 4 element unit, 4 black filters or 2 black that come with it and 2 optional PF2 filters?

Offline Mastoo

• Senior Survivalist
and to add to the questions, have the Berkey filters been certified for any of the standards such as NSF Standard 53?

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
The unit that sells for $220 will accommodate 4 filters, does that mean it would hold 2 blacks and 2 PF2 filters at the same time? Or either or? Does the PF2 only filter out fluoride or all that the black filter does plus fluoride? What would I use in that 4 element unit, 4 black filters or 2 black that come with it and 2 optional PF2 filters?

That is correct, it will hold 2 black berkey elements & 2 PF2 Filters.  It can also hold 4 BB Elements & 4 PF2 Filters at the same time.

PF2 Filters only filter fluoride and arsenic, and some heavy metals. 

2 or 4 black berkey elements can be used, with either 2 or 4 PF2 Filters.

theberkeyguy

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
and to add to the questions, have the Berkey filters been certified for any of the standards such as NSF Standard 53?

The Black Berkey Elements have been tested in labs that follow the standard 53 of the NSF, but officially it has not.

theberkeyguy

Thox Spuddy

I've been going over all the models and at this point have pretty much decided upon the Light model here, but more questions; it says that with 2 elements it will filter 4 gallons in an hour, the Travel model however with 2 elements will do only 2.5 gph, why is that?

How is the durability of container, if dropped on concrete would it be marred? Any downside of that material over stainless? Thanks.

Offline mobilus

• Survivalist Mentor
If I had it to do again, I'd get the stainless over the Berkey Light.  The plastic cracked at the spigot hole, through normal use, never dropped.  The plastic is not thicker in that area, as it is in most bung holes where a spigot is attached (in the rest of the world). 

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my Berkey water until the reservoir broke and leaked all over, but with the fault I've addressed here: Buy stainless.

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
I've been going over all the models and at this point have pretty much decided upon the Light model here, but more questions; it says that with 2 elements it will filter 4 gallons in an hour, the Travel model however with 2 elements will do only 2.5 gph, why is that?

How is the durability of container, if dropped on concrete would it be marred? Any downside of that material over stainless? Thanks.

The size of the system has to do with the reason why the gph is lower, as the filters are under water longer in the other systems.

Also, I have personally had our Royal Berkey hit the floor, and it does have a dent on it, but the system works perfectly, and the filters were not damaged.

theberkeyguy