Author Topic: Ask questions and Comparison shop  (Read 2073 times)

Offline T Kehl

• Survivalist Mentor
Ask questions and Comparison shop
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:49:15 AM »
This may seem obvious to most, but is not obvious to all.

When makeing purchases, do your homework and ask questions.  Use Consumer Reports or ask around (on or offline) for opinions on goods and services.  It is also important to know the basics even if you are not an expert.  I'm asking enough questions on this board, to avoid being taken as a noob with no room to negotiate at local shops.  Popular Mechanics recently had a "decifering an auto repair bill" article.  With the internet, you can learn about anything!!!

Comparison shop!  Compare new versus used and prices on comparable/identical items between stores.  Just keep in mind that the cheapest is not always the best value and used doesn't mean useless!!  I have saved hundreds in purchases with 3-4 phone calls (especially building materials).  However, I do not hesitate to spend extra money for added service, a no questions return policy, and/or assurance that a warrenty will be honored.  This includes looking at the business and asking yourself if the business will still be around to honor their gift cards and/or store warrenty.