Author Topic: Is the TSP Medic Bag made in America?  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Spamity Calamity

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Just a mall ninja at heart.
Is the TSP Medic Bag made in America?
« on: November 29, 2010, 04:49:48 PM »
I can't seem to find anywhere that says yes or no.

TSP gear shop page doesnt say.

Voodoo Tactical doesnt say either.

The video review did not mention it as well.

So is it?

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Re: Is the TSP Medic Bag made in America?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 05:08:48 PM »
I'm not sure.  I just emailed Voodoo to ask them.  I'll let you know when I find out their answer.

Offline PAGUY

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 05:13:02 PM »
I know what you are thinking but, what about the computer that you are typing on?  Made in the USA or not?

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:32:23 PM »
[gets TSP medic bag out of closet]

"MADE IN CHINA"

You're welcome.

;)

(Now you know why they make it in red.) ;D

Offline Storm

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »
I know what you are thinking but, what about the computer that you are typing on?  Made in the USA or not?

That seems pretty presumptuous. You may be right of course, maybe Spamity hates buying things not made in America. Then again, maybe Spamity, like me, hates buying any kind of GEAR that has an kind of stitching or may be required to bear weight and has, like me, had products like this made in China, Indonesia, Malaysia, South America and bust, break or rip and wants such an important piece of equipment to last more than a week or a month or two.

Then again, maybe Spamity just hates a 'billion screamin' Chinamen'.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:15:53 PM »
Mr. Bill.  Very, very inappropriate.  :D

PAGuy, I'm not a "made in America ONLY" sort of person either, but I appreciate it when things like this are easy to find out (rather than having to search for an answer).

I will re-state that the bags are very, very well made.  They're heavy-duty, and they support several American companies, regardless of where they're made.  For example, Voodoo Tactical is an American company.  So is my supplier (who is not part of Voodoo Tactical).  So are we.  So you buy them, you're supporting TSP, TSP Gear Shop, my supplier, and Voodoo Tactical.  4 American companies right there that benefit from the sale of the bag.

Oh, also, the patch IS made in America.  All our patches are.  Hmmm... I should do a list for you guys so you can see where things are made, and how many American companies you support by purchasing them.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 09:41:10 PM »
Mr. Bill.  Very, very inappropriate.  :D

My day is complete. ;D

I will re-state that the bags are very, very well made.  They're heavy-duty...

I'll echo this.  The fabric appears very tough, as do the zippers.  Will they come un-stitched with use?  Dunno.  The stitching looks like it's been done carefully, but (eventually) something will be the first to go, and I don't think it'll be the fabric or the zippers.  But I don't believe the bags will spontaneously disassemble any time soon.

Offline The Wilderness

• The Patriarch of Lunatics
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
    • The Umbafa Chronicles
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
That seems pretty presumptuous. You may be right of course, maybe Spamity hates buying things not made in America. Then again, maybe Spamity, like me, hates buying any kind of GEAR that has an kind of stitching or may be required to bear weight and has, like me, had products like this made in China, Indonesia, Malaysia, South America and bust, break or rip and wants such an important piece of equipment to last more than a week or a month or two.

Then again, maybe Spamity just hates a 'billion screamin' Chinamen'.

It does not seem presumptuous to me at all, PAGUY was making a point, a valid one in my book. What was presumptuous was the three times in your post that you presumed what Spamity may be thinking.

No one wants to buy gear that is going to fall apart on them because it is cheaply made, and we will not carry cheaply made gear in the Gear Shop. We buy everything first and test it our selves. Some things have not made the grade. This is the main reason that we do not have more gear in the shop right now, we will not put junk in it. These are good bags.

If you or Spamity decide to buy one and do not like the quality of them, I will refund your money and you can keep the bag.

TW

Offline Storm

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 11:06:50 PM »
Wilderness, I apologize if you took that post seriously. The only serious part of it was my first sentence. And, maybe it didn't read that way, but that was the point of the following remarks about many Chinese and other products being cheaply made. I've bought lots of test gear that turned out good and lots more that didn't, the majority of which was made elsewhere. Mea culpa, next time I'll make sure to let people know I'm joking. And I certainly never said it was bad, I'd use one if I didn't already have kit. Again, my bad.  ;D

Offline The Wilderness

• The Patriarch of Lunatics
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
    • The Umbafa Chronicles
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 11:13:48 PM »
Wilderness, I apologize if you took that post seriously. The only serious part of it was my first sentence. And, maybe it didn't read that way, but that was the point of the following remarks about many Chinese and other products being cheaply made. I've bought lots of test gear that turned out good and lots more that didn't, the majority of which was made elsewhere. Mea culpa, next time I'll make sure to let people know I'm joking. And I certainly never said it was bad, I'd use one if I didn't already have kit. Again, my bad.  ;D

No problem Buddy, I understand. No one wants to waste their money, especially members of this forum.

TW

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »
Guys, guys, guys...  :D

I understand not wanting to buy Chinese.  I get it.  It's all good, and I'm sorry that this bag (which really is well made) has the unfortunate stamp of "somewhere other than America" on it.

Storm, PAGuy is a good friend of ours.  He's sorta like our bulldog when it comes to being protective of the gear shop (and of us).

And TW (like any good guy) is protective of PAGuy... for good reason.  PAGuy has gone to bat for us many times.

Storm, you're not stepping on any toes.  I'd say you got between a man and his dog, but I'm not sure PAGuy would take that the right way.  :D

Offline Storm

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 11:20:32 PM »
Lol, I understand. Internet always had a funny way distorting people's sense of humor. While I already have kit, a patch would be nice. And not EVERYTHING not made in America is bad. Not even everything made in China. I've gotten a lot of good stuff that's held up to all the punishment a WV GOB can put it through, which is a lot.

One thing I would ask about though, any way to start carrying 550 Para? For me, around here, and for a lot of stuff I do it's a HUGE help to have that stuff around, might be something cool to have available. All my kits have a minimum 50 feet.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 11:34:11 PM »
The patches are made in America!  You will love them!  ;D

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 11:35:58 PM »
RE: Paracord - Y'know, I hadn't even thought of that.  We have a guy right now who is going to start making paracord lanyards for the shop, but other than that, I really hadn't considered selling it.

But yeah, we can sell it to ya.  Let me do some pricing and find out how much we can get it for.

Offline Spamity Calamity

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 10:12:46 AM »

Much of my computer is not made in America, however, my RAM (made by supertalent) actually IS made in America which is why I specifically bought it. I understand that not everything can be made in the USA anymore but I try to buy USA made stuff when I can. Especially when there are several American companies that deal in tactical bags. And considering that Jack's show mentions numerous times the problem with manufacturing leaving this country its kind of shame that this medic bag is not made in the USA.

Thanks Sister Wolf for checking for me. I guess I wont be buying the medic bag then. I will however pick up two of the patches to put on my current FAK's. They look really cool. I guess you designed them? You did a good job.

Just to clarify I dont think all stuff made overseas is junk (alot is though). And I dont care if the company is based in the US or not. Its about where its manufactured. Because by buying something made in the USA I know that Joe Six Pack is getting a paycheck. Thats why I try to buy American.

Offline Storm

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 11:04:10 AM »
Yeah, the patches are pro.

Sister Wolf, if you can find some good prices on MILSPEC 550, that'd be great. I use that for lots of stuff. I don't mind when some things are made out of the impersonation paracord, but the good stuff is what I carry in my kits, just thought some people might need some too.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 11:42:03 AM »
Yeah, I designed the patches.  Thanks for the kudos there.

Spamity, I get what you're saying.  If you can help it, you buy US made.  If you have no other choice, you lay down money when you have to, regardless of where its made.

I do have an argument though, against your "I don't care if the company is based in the US" argument.  When a company is based in the US, your purchase of the product does give Joe six pack a check.  It just gives him a check for something other than working in a manufacturing facility.  He might be a truck driver that contracts for the company, or he might be the guy who does the imprints on the mugs, or he might be the guy who answers the phones in Montana, or the engineer that designed the product to begin with, or the website designer who would be out of work without this company, and so on and so forth.

We all have a line we won't cross.  Ours here at TSP is not "manufactured in the USA", but the quality of the product itself, and whether or not we are able to procure such products for TSP folks.  Yours has a shorter fuse, and that's fine.  I'm glad that you were at least able to find the answer you were looking for, and I'm sorry that you won't be buying the product.  At least you're sticking to your principles.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:45:40 PM by Sister Wolf »

Offline antsyaunt

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 07:27:54 PM »
...We all have a line we won't cross....

Yes, but does your cat???

I am getting such a kick out of your and TW's avatars!  Are these photos of your new cat?  I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have not seen any comments on this.  They are absolutely wonderful!

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 08:07:38 PM »
Yes, but does your cat???

I am getting such a kick out of your and TW's avatars!  Are these photos of your new cat?  I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have not seen any comments on this.  They are absolutely wonderful!

No, there is no line in the world that Lucius won't cross.  :D  He's a fearless boogaloogee.

Yup, the new avatars are Lucius Ugi Oganagi The Mow Mow Monster of Southridge.  In TW's avatar, he is saying "I haz the beard now" and in mine he is saying "OMG PREZENTS!"  ;D

We love all animals, but Ugi is 100% "little boy" which means he takes up a good 50% of our attention lately.

Offline antsyaunt

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 08:20:12 PM »
We love all animals, but Ugi is 100% "little boy" which means he takes up a good 50% of our attention lately.

What a big personality your little guy has!  Beautiful markings, too.  I cannot believe he tolerates being in costume!  It's obvious that he is getting lots of love and affection.  I just love those pictures.  We have 2 cats now (both were 'drop-offs'; how can people do that?); they are very nice, but I don't think they are quite in the same class as your Ugi. 

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 10:08:45 PM »
What a big personality your little guy has!  Beautiful markings, too.  I cannot believe he tolerates being in costume!  It's obvious that he is getting lots of love and affection.  I just love those pictures.  We have 2 cats now (both were 'drop-offs'; how can people do that?); they are very nice, but I don't think they are quite in the same class as your Ugi. 

Ugi was a rescue.  The person who had him decided that feeding mom and letting her in to nurse the kittens was too much work, and planned (PLANNED!!!) to abandon them at the house when he moved.  I drove over, knowing that I wouldn't be able to choose a kitten, and Ugi just sort of chose ME.  I cried just about all the way home, because I couldn't save them all (though I've been told that ALL kittens and mom went to various different homes, rather than being abandoned as was the plan).  Ugi was 5 weeks old (and about 1 1/2 lbs) at that point.  He's almost 5 months old now, and is pushing 7 lbs.  He's half purebred bengal, half smooth talking travelin' cat.  Friendliest little mutt cat I've ever met.  Doesn't know how to hiss.  Loves water (has gotten in the shower with me several times now), plays fetch, comes when you call him, and thinks Hannah the dog is his mom.

Offline Spamity Calamity

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 12:29:11 PM »
Yeah, I designed the patches.  Thanks for the kudos there.

Spamity, I get what you're saying.  If you can help it, you buy US made.  If you have no other choice, you lay down money when you have to, regardless of where its made.

I do have an argument though, against your "I don't care if the company is based in the US" argument.  When a company is based in the US, your purchase of the product does give Joe six pack a check.  It just gives him a check for something other than working in a manufacturing facility.  He might be a truck driver that contracts for the company, or he might be the guy who does the imprints on the mugs, or he might be the guy who answers the phones in Montana, or the engineer that designed the product to begin with, or the website designer who would be out of work without this company, and so on and so forth.

We all have a line we won't cross.  Ours here at TSP is not "manufactured in the USA", but the quality of the product itself, and whether or not we are able to procure such products for TSP folks.  Yours has a shorter fuse, and that's fine.  I'm glad that you were at least able to find the answer you were looking for, and I'm sorry that you won't be buying the product.  At least you're sticking to your principles.

Im glad you understand. And in the future maybe it might not be a bad idea to keep the USA made thing on your radar when searching for items to procure for the gear shop. In the meantime, I placed an order for two medical patches. I wanted some medical patches anyway and Im totally stoked that I can get some TSP med patches to boot.

P.S. I have two bad little kitty's myself...both rescues as well.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 12:35:41 PM »
Im glad you understand. And in the future maybe it might not be a bad idea to keep the USA made thing on your radar when searching for items to procure for the gear shop. In the meantime, I placed an order for two medical patches. I wanted some medical patches anyway and Im totally stoked that I can get some TSP med patches to boot.

P.S. I have two bad little kitty's myself...both rescues as well.

Thanks very much for your order!

Re: Kitties - rescues are the very best, I think.  In fact, we just rescued a dog.... about a half hour ago.  On accident.  And now he's following TW at his heel, and we don't know what we're gonna do with him.  TW is pretending to be annoyed by this, but I think he's secretly pleased that such a gorgeous dog thinks he's wonderful.  ;)

Offline Spamity Calamity

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 02:42:50 PM »
Thanks very much for your order!

Re: Kitties - rescues are the very best, I think.  In fact, we just rescued a dog.... about a half hour ago.  On accident.  And now he's following TW at his heel, and we don't know what we're gonna do with him.  TW is pretending to be annoyed by this, but I think he's secretly pleased that such a gorgeous dog thinks he's wonderful.  ;)

I think yall have a new dog.  ;D

Offline BIG-TARGET

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Open the cage and let the tigers out!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 02:57:25 PM »
I can't wait for the bags to be in stock.  That would be perfect for my diabetic supplies when I go traveling or dirt time in the woods. :happydance:

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 07:24:37 PM »
Being able to buy "made in America" items all the time would be nice, but in the end, even non "made in America" items end up benefiting more American companies than not.

While an idealistic view, I think it's misguided in some regard to assume that non made in America items only benefit off-shore concerns.  Not only that, but I'm afraid that in the end more harm than good is done.

There are many home-grown concerns that rely on the income generated by foreign made goods to support them, & in the end that's my main concern.

I could give a shit where the kit is made as long as it's long lasting, well made & benefiting the people I support & love.

The medic bag is good kit.  If you want quality buy it.  You'll be doing positive things for more American companies than not.

Offline Pathfinder

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 02:00:39 PM »
OK, I tried to buy one - along with some copper coin preorders - and I get all the way to checkout only to find the medic bags are out. Is there any way I can order them on back-order? At the moment, I don't care if they're made in EBF Egypt, I want a medic bag.

Thanks, and I'll hang up and wait for my answer.   ;)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 02:29:04 PM »
OK, I tried to buy one - along with some copper coin preorders - and I get all the way to checkout only to find the medic bags are out. Is there any way I can order them on back-order? At the moment, I don't care if they're made in EBF Egypt, I want a medic bag.

Thanks, and I'll hang up and wait for my answer.   ;)

Absolutely, buddy (love the coast2coast "i'll hang up and wait for my answer" - made me laugh).

Y'know... I was gonna tell you to just send us money, but... let me just change the permissions on paypal so that you can order them on backorder.  I'll do that now.  They should be in soon, but possibly not before Christmas (I just don't know).

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 02:34:58 PM »
Fixed it!  You may order them on backorder now.  :)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »
Never mind on the "backordered till January" thing.  They'll be in on Tuesday (december 7th).