Author Topic: AOCS Coins  (Read 11441 times)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
AOCS Coins
« on: December 03, 2010, 12:27:58 AM »
AOCS Coins are available for PRE-ORDER now!!!!!!!!  WOO HOO!!!!!

They should be in by mid to late January, and of course we'll ship them out then too... barring any THEFT, of course.

Please go here: http://www.survivalpodcast.net/store/store/2010/12/02/aocs-copper-coins-pre-order/ to buy them.

I'm so excited!  I just can't hide it!

Offline gkaranov

• Prepper
Re: AOCS Coins
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »
Hi, i wanted to pre-order some coins. I tried to login to the TSP gear shop with my member ID and Password but it rejects my username. Do I have to register seperately for the gear shop?

Thx
ID=gkaranov

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 06:10:24 PM »
Hi, i wanted to pre-order some coins. I tried to login to the TSP gear shop with my member ID and Password but it rejects my username. Do I have to register seperately for the gear shop?

You don't need to log in at the Gear Shop to place an order.  The login is just for... uh, what is it for?  Ah, I think it's just for posting comments at the Gear Shop.

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I can be an ankle biter too!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 06:29:56 PM »
Ordered!

Offline red123matt

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:42:32 PM »
Okay, this may sound stupid but is there a benefit to own the AOCS rounds over other silver/gold/copper rounds?  I understand the value of precious metal coinage in future currency collapse scenarios, but don't understand the attraction of AOCS coinage.  Does anyone have a link to a tutorial that can help me understand the value here?  I've been to the AOCS website but it didn't help me much as it is way to complicated for me to digest in the time I have for such things.

Thank you in advance for your help with my noobie questions:)

Matt

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 10:00:59 PM »
The super, super short version:

AOCS coins are currency.  You can spend these in stores that accept AOCS Currency.

The end.

Offline red123matt

• Prepper
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 06:20:14 AM »
Ok.  Do the AOCS stores have products that can't be found elsewhere, hence the need for special AOCS currency?  Or, is the idea to set-up a competing market to the greenback market?

Thanks for the perspective,
Matt

Offline red123matt

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 07:46:29 AM »
I guess another way to look at it, at least from my perspective, is you could get ripped off at sites like this one http://www.sushob.com/copper/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=5 where you pay the value of 1 pound of copper for a one ounce bar/round.  They charge $5.50 for a one ounce round versus the $1 for the AOCS round.  So, in that regard the AOCS round is a heck of a deal.
Or, you can pay $3 per round if you buy the Republic of Texas rounds http://compare.ebay.com/like/120630367073?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=179975586593&crlp=1_263602_304662&UA=%3F*F%3F&GUID=bc24713512c0a0e204368176ffc9918b&itemid=120630367073&ff4=263602_304662

So, I think it makes some sense to me now, on the relative value of the coings.

Thanks,
Matt

Offline red123matt

• Prepper
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 07:57:08 AM »
okay, i bought some.  i think the shipping was $1 more than advertised as i was charged $111 for a 2 x 50 coin order.  Would have thought it would be $10 for the shipping.  however, i am not worried about it.  i'll hand these out to friends and family to get them interested (inexpensively) in precious metal backed coins. 

Matt

Offline BIG-TARGET

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Open the cage and let the tigers out!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 10:09:14 AM »
The super, super short version:

AOCS coins are currency.  You can spend these in stores that accept AOCS Currency.

The end.

Now,,,,for my real challenge.  Finding an "AOCS shop" in South Jersey!! ::)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »
okay, i bought some.  i think the shipping was $1 more than advertised as i was charged $111 for a 2 x 50 coin order.  Would have thought it would be $10 for the shipping.  however, i am not worried about it.  i'll hand these out to friends and family to get them interested (inexpensively) in precious metal backed coins. 

Matt

Thank you for your order!

Just to be clear, shipping wasn't advertised as $10.00 for two orders.  If you'd ordered one pack, it would have been $5.00 for shipping.  But two packs means I have to use a "medium" priority box.  Which makes the price over $10 for me.  Gotta cover my own costs.  :)

Offline red123matt

• Prepper
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 10:26:57 PM »
that' cool.  the shipping info is confusing but being a retail seller myself i understand the costs of shipping.  i think it is a great deal for shipping 6+ pounds. 

Offline Greywolf27

• Chief Kitty Petter
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 02:57:21 PM »
Pre-ordered my 50.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 02:04:03 PM »
Now,,,,for my real challenge.  Finding an "AOCS shop" in South Jersey!! ::)

You can go to The AOCS Marketplace and do a search by region.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 02:11:38 PM »
Ok.  Do the AOCS stores have products that can't be found elsewhere, hence the need for special AOCS currency?  Or, is the idea to set-up a competing market to the greenback market?

Thanks for the perspective,
Matt

There may be stores that have things that can't be found outside of the AOCS system, but having gone through a number of merchants on the marketplace that I linked above it seems like most of these things or something similar can be bought for US dollars elsewhere.

Offline BIG-TARGET

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 06:12:28 AM »
Just ordered 50 more coins!! :D

Plus, this also got me motivated enoungh, I just ordered some coins fro AOCS itself ::)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 06:32:00 AM by BIG-TARGET »

Offline luke

• Anarchocaprivore
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 01:19:05 AM »
Thank you for your order!

Just to be clear, shipping wasn't advertised as $10.00 for two orders.  If you'd ordered one pack, it would have been $5.00 for shipping.  But two packs means I have to use a "medium" priority box.  Which makes the price over $10 for me.  Gotta cover my own costs.  :)

SW not trying to be an ass or anything  :P  but couldn't you just send two "small" priority boxes for $5 each? Of course having to print or write two address labels you might as well charge an extra $1 for the handling.  ;)   (I'm all about covering costs, and time is money, too. Just thought I'd try to harass you a little before I order my coins for the great job that you do!)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 03:56:52 AM »
SW not trying to be an ass or anything  :P  but couldn't you just send two "small" priority boxes for $5 each? Of course having to print or write two address labels you might as well charge an extra $1 for the handling.  ;)   (I'm all about covering costs, and time is money, too. Just thought I'd try to harass you a little before I order my coins for the great job that you do!)

Yes, I could.  ;)  But I won't.  :P

I mean, unless you specifically request it.  I do special requests.  Sometimes.  If I'm not in a growly mood.  ;D

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 09:48:58 PM »
It's kind of funny. I actually found you through the AOCS. I've been buying their rounds and NORFEDS to have when the SHTF. When I saw these and checked you out, I had to have them and join. Can't wait to get these. I preordered 25 to start.

From the swamps of Florida, all my best.

Offline Greywolf27

• Chief Kitty Petter
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 09:56:23 PM »
It's kind of funny. I actually found you through the AOCS. I've been buying their rounds and NORFEDS to have when the SHTF. When I saw these and checked you out, I had to have them and join. Can't wait to get these. I preordered 25 to start.

From the swamps of Florida, all my best.

Welcome aboard!!!

I'm sure there will be more here then you can dream of.

Stop by the front porch and say hello :)

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 10:03:21 PM »
That was fast. Thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely be around.

BTW, I saw some folks on here posting about other AOCS rounds. Bud's Gun Shop in Lexington KY has "Gun Dollars". I've been buying these rounds for a while now, great prices too, about on par with the ones from here ($1.25 for a $2 MSRP copper round). The 2011 issues will be different from the 2010s pictured on their site. I believe a few 2010s are still available, but not positive. They were supposed to quit selling these after midnight 1/1/11 until the new issues/design arrive, and the 2010s should not be available anymore but there is still a "buy it" link on small amounts as of 2 am 1/3/11, so???? Mind you, these are not AOCS, but, they were designed by Bernard Von Not Haus (NORFED Mintmaster, the ones raided by the Feds over the Ron Paul dollars in 2008). He also has some great deals on guns.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/869
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:56:34 PM by Crash »

Offline BIG-TARGET

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 01:37:12 PM »
I just made another order.  Which, if my math is right, is 3 orders of a total of 200 coins. :o

Is it possible you can merge all 3 orders into one big lump of order?

It could save you a few sheckles on postage ::)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 05:13:40 PM »
I just made another order.  Which, if my math is right, is 3 orders of a total of 200 coins. :o

Is it possible you can merge all 3 orders into one big lump of order?

It could save you a few sheckles on postage ::)

I will put a note down to do that for you.  Not a problem at all.  :)

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 10:57:01 PM »
I have to move soon. Just wondering if you have a date on shipping yet? If not, how do I do a change of address so I make sure I get these gems. I have maybe 2 weeks left before I have to be out of here.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 12:43:00 AM »
I have to move soon. Just wondering if you have a date on shipping yet? If not, how do I do a change of address so I make sure I get these gems. I have maybe 2 weeks left before I have to be out of here.

It will probably be after you move when we get them/ship them.  Email me at tspgearsupport@gmail.com with your full name and your new address, and I'll send them to their new home!  :)

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 10:08:56 PM »
Well, it looks like they may make it after all.  ;D Just read the update and I should be here another 30 days. That will be plenty of time for them to get here. If they're not shipped by the end of Jan, I'll contact you with the new address. Thanks.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 10:09:49 PM »
Well, it looks like they may make it after all.  ;D Just read the update and I should be here another 30 days. That will be plenty of time for them to get here. If they're not shipped by the end of Jan, I'll contact you with the new address. Thanks.

Unless something goes terribly wrong on the way from the Mint to us, they will DEFINITELY be shipped out by the end of the month.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 08:36:09 PM »
AOCS is very reliable. There shouldn't be any problems. Thanks.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 12:01:49 AM »
AOCS is very reliable. There shouldn't be any problems. Thanks.

It isn't AOCS that I'm concerned about.  I don't trust shipping companies as far as I can throw them anymore.

Offline Outdoorfury

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Si vis pacem para bellum
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 10:31:42 AM »
It isn't AOCS that I'm concerned about.  I don't trust shipping companies as far as I can throw them anymore.

I shipped some locks to one of my branches in Kansas City and Fed ex sent them back and charged me. EPIC FAIL!