Author Topic: AOCS Coins  (Read 13145 times)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Re: AOCS Coins
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2011, 11:16:13 PM »
We probably won't be doing anymore pre-orders.  But we will have more in the store in the next few days!

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2011, 06:10:52 PM »
Looks like Bernie at H&H got a new shipment. TSPs, and, get this, Rand Paul and Sarah Palin copper rounds. I've seen the Neocoins bashing Bush and Cheney, but Palin? It'll be interesting to see. I can get behind Paul & his dad, but....Too many jokes on SNL by Tine Fey?

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2011, 06:46:53 PM »
We just got our new shipment today too!  we'll be counting them tonight, and I'll add them to the store as soon as we're done counting them (should be at some point before midnight PST).

Offline Travis

• Prepper
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2011, 07:00:48 PM »
I just received my replacement coins and the new packaging method works terrific!  Coins look great!

Thanks.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2011, 07:02:04 PM »
I just received my replacement coins and the new packaging method works terrific!  Coins look great!

Thanks.

YAY!  I'm so glad to hear that!

Offline mvrck

• Prepper
    • http://www.mavericksolar.net
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2011, 07:34:24 PM »
What is the URL for "The AOCS Marketplace".

I tried the link above, and I don't think that is it...

Thanks

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2011, 07:35:15 PM »
AOCS Coins are back in stock!  We are accepting orders now, and they will ship immediately, with the new packing material (bubble wrap) instead of loose packed as they were before!

I do NOT expect these to last long, so please get your orders in if you want one.  It maybe almost two months before we get more in.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2011, 07:36:45 PM »
What is the URL for "The AOCS Marketplace".

I tried the link above, and I don't think that is it...

Thanks

No clue.  Our store is at: http://store.survivalpodcast.net but I don't know where the AOCS marketplace is.

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Posts REALLY REALLY ugly pictures...
    • Making A Homestead, One Day at a Time
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2011, 07:01:20 AM »
No clue.  Our store is at: http://store.survivalpodcast.net but I don't know where the AOCS marketplace is.

It took some digging, but I finally figured it out.  ;) http://www.aocsmarketplace.com/

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2011, 02:06:28 PM »
AOCS should have a list of merchants who accept AOCS currency as payment. I looked and they weren't listed anywhere in Florida. I know they're here, just not listed.

Offline Jason from PA

• Survivor
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2011, 02:14:11 PM »
That's my biggest gripe about the AOCS, is that I find they're not really doing their part on the marketplace.

It's nigh impossible to find out who is involved....and that impedes further growth. I like the flash banners, but where the heck is the "merchant" list.

---

The advertisements are poorly placed and distracting. A user eventually gives up trying to find the merchant list. Basically, the site is half built and non-functioning. Total shame....

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2011, 05:35:33 PM »
But mine is functioning and these don't HAVE to be used as merchant tender.  Just buy them and give them out!  Or hang onto them!  Or whatever!  ;)

Offline mvrck

• Prepper
    • http://www.mavericksolar.net
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2011, 08:57:22 PM »
Of course, I don't mind buying ACOS coins from the your site Sister Wolf. But I would also like to know what else I can use this currency for.

I'm just trying to learn more about this ACOS stuff. I went to http://www.aocsmarketplace.com/ and that is non-site. No link that I click works.

So a little more studying...

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
I went there too.  And none of the links worked for me either.  If you find something, let us know!

Offline Jason from PA

• Survivor
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2011, 09:37:22 PM »
Of course, I don't mind buying ACOS coins from the your site Sister Wolf. But I would also like to know what else I can use this currency for.

So a little more studying...

Basically, I would love to help push "open currency" but can't really do that until they get their act together.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2011, 12:23:00 AM »
There's vendors around my area accepting them. We actually have a pretty good little network starting here.

I thought the reason AOCS started was to open the barter system back up. The only way it will work is through networking and getting more businesses to accept this as a form of payment. I had an entire restaurant staff talking about and passing around TSP coins just this morning at breakfast. They loved the idea.

Giving them out is good, but it's not accomplishing what this was intended for. Personally, I like to add one along with a tip then talk to the waitress about barter. 99% of the time they're very interested and glad to get one. Communication is the key to getting this rolling.

Look to Aspen, CO. http://www.dgcmagazine.com/blog/index.php/2010/03/03/the-story-behind-the-aspen-dollar/ They are a prime example of how Barter should work. It needs to catch on everywhere.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2011, 12:32:38 AM »
Don't they have a barter system somewhere in upstate New York as well?  All I remember about it is that the currency is called "hours" and it's close to Cornell.

Edit:  Yeah, it's Ithaca, and you can find the barter system here: http://www.ithacahours.com/

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2011, 10:24:49 AM »
Barter systems are springing up all over. Texas, Colorado, New Hampshire...Virginia is considering it. It's needed.

I did notice AOCS is doing some work on their Marketplace link, so maybe it's going to be back up soon with updates on merchants who take barter rounds.

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2011, 03:16:09 PM »
OMG.  Sorry for the broken links guys. It seems their Marketplace isn't fully up and running yet.  BTW, that was a link from http://www.opencurrency.com/.  On their homepage, the opening story is Jack's interview with the founder of AOCS. They  alsohave a list of "AOCS Community Trade Coordinators" who, "help facilitate trade and exchange currencies with Merchants and customers in a particular region."  The link to their directory is here.

Sis, you should ask to be listed on their approved dealer list.

Edit:
The Contact Us form page is down too.  I asked them on facebook when that will be up as well as the marketplace.  I'll let everyone know when I hear a response.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:25:01 PM by Roswell »

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2011, 06:02:37 PM »
They said, "Hey, we've been going through some improvements and a few little issues still remain to be addressed obviously. But we're working around the clock to get things even better than they were before. Keep checking back and we'll try to remember to let you know when things are repaired.
In the meantime, sign up for our eNews & Updates at the top right hand corner of our home page."

Edit:
I also found an article about the medallions on their website.
http://www.opencurrency.com/survival-copper/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:09:48 PM by Roswell »

Offline nimzy88

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2011, 01:07:53 AM »
Just curious I am having trouble getting more than 40 coins into my cart at a time on the new site. Do you have to do something special to purchase 100 at a time? Im hoping you guys are just selling out so fast thats the reason :D
Thanks
Nimzy

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2011, 12:08:36 PM »
Just curious I am having trouble getting more than 40 coins into my cart at a time on the new site. Do you have to do something special to purchase 100 at a time? Im hoping you guys are just selling out so fast thats the reason :D
Thanks
Nimzy

That's exactly the reason.  The store will list as many coins as we have in stock.  It was 2000 a couple days ago.  Now it's 40.  :)  I'm working on getting more, but it's gonna be sort of a long wait this time.