Author Topic: AOCS Coins  (Read 12533 times)

Offline Greywolf27

• Chief Kitty Petter
  • Survival Demonstrator
Re: AOCS Coins
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »
On the note of shipping companies. 

UPS this week tells me that a package that has been held up due to bad weather is somewhere between Texas and Arkansas.  I ask "where exactly"  this was supposed to be delivered two weeks ago... the answer I receive... "we don't know bad weather can hold up shipments for a week or more."  I say... it has been two weeks... my answer... "sorry"

*sigh*

man... I cannot wait to get my coins.  very much looking forward  to this.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »
Ok yeah, the shipping companies suck. Agreed.

I'm a song writer/bass player. I bought a very rare guitar last year, only one I've ever seen personally, and when I got it, there was a chunk gouged out of it the size of a quarter. The piece was in the bottom of the gig bag, so it definitely happened during shipping. On the upside it's fixed now and plays better than my others. I have a great Luthier.  ;D

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »
Ok yeah, the shipping companies suck. Agreed.

I'm a song writer/bass player. I bought a very rare guitar last year, only one I've ever seen personally, and when I got it, there was a chunk gouged out of it the size of a quarter. The piece was in the bottom of the gig bag, so it definitely happened during shipping. On the upside it's fixed now and plays better than my others. I have a great Luthier.  ;D

Oh no!  Something like that would have surely brought me to tears, regardless of the skill of my Luthier (and I have an incredible one as well).  The worst that happened to my sweet Emma (warm little Gretsch archtop acoustic) was a few scratches on the pick guard in shipping. I didn't care one way or the other about that, as I don't use a pick, but if she'd been gouged?  *shudders*  I would have thrown curses at anybody who touched her during shipping.

Offline luke

• Anarchocaprivore
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 01:10:07 AM »
The bass would have brought tears to me, too.

...Patiently... waiting for my TSP AOCS coins so I can "spread the gospel" so to speak! Wondering if I should order MORE now before the next order sells out!

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 10:58:50 AM »
Gretsch are nice instruments. I have friends that swear by them. Mine is an Oscar Schmidt Delta King in original blue with cream binding. The black ones are fairly common, but blue is hard to find. Semi-hollow body, arch top. Pretty much the bass version of your Gretsch or a Gibson 355. I play old school blues and blues/rock and wanted that low, bluesy sound. I got it with this one. I like the short scale too.

Now, all us musician types need to sit around the campfire and play.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »
Gretsch are nice instruments. I have friends that swear by them. Mine is an Oscar Schmidt Delta King in original blue with cream binding. The black ones are fairly common, but blue is hard to find. Semi-hollow body, arch top. Pretty much the bass version of your Gretsch or a Gibson 355. I play old school blues and blues/rock and wanted that low, bluesy sound. I got it with this one. I like the short scale too.

Now, all us musician types need to sit around the campfire and play.

You'd love Emma.  She has a warm voice, clear as a bell, but will bend to the blues easy as pie.  She doesn't do rock so well, but she wasn't made for that.  I honestly think the gods made Emma for folk music, or quiet instrumentals where she'd always be the leading roll.  :)

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 10:36:06 AM »
Oh no doubt. Always been a big Gretsch fan. Almost had Rachel Haden's bass she played on tour with Todd Rundgren.

These guitars were definitely not made for hard rock, but those guys have their own guitars, so it's no biggie. Besides, it keeps my kid from playing Metallica and Pantera on mine.  ;D BTW, they're real good for Rockabilly too.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 12:47:33 PM »
Just wanted to bring this to your attention. H&H Coins in NC is advertising these coins on Ebay right now. I don't know how they got them but they have them in stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-1-oz-Survival-999-Fine-Copper-Bullion-Rounds-/120674550103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c18c38157

Update: I just talked with Bernie Hinson at H&H Coins and he said he ordered them directly from the mint in large quantities. He just got them in, so ours should be any day now.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:59:57 PM by Crash »

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 01:35:11 PM »
Just wanted to bring this to your attention. H&H Coins in NC is advertising these coins on Ebay right now. I don't know how they got them but they have them in stock. ...

Well, isn't that something?  Already sold 'em, too.

I see his other current auctions are all for AOCS Lakota copper coins in various-sized lots that add up to a whole bunch of coins.  I suppose he must have just included 20 of the TSP coins in his order.

Still weird, since the TSP coins don't even show on the AOCS Mint site yet.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 04:59:25 PM »
hey guys!

i knew about bernie getting his huge amount of coins! its very exciting to have people getting the number of coins that he got.  and it looks like he isnt having any problem selling them, so good for him!

our coins have made it to the store, but i am in another state right now for business.  i will be back tomorrow and will be shipping out a TON of these coins starting on Monday!

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2011, 05:12:23 PM »
Thanks for the info, SW!  After that nasty business with the Swiss Army Knives, I think some of us are primed to see enemy action everywhere.

Do you earn anything when AOCS Mint sells TSP coins directly to someone else?

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2011, 05:45:23 PM »
Of course we do.

Offline Outdoorfury

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Si vis pacem para bellum
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 06:12:48 AM »
Sweet! I Cannot wait to get em!

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2011, 09:03:49 AM »
Yeah, he sold them to me, but he has more listed today.  ;D I'm also getting 20 Lakotas. Still waiting to hear from Bud's Gun Shop on the new 2nd Amendment Gun Dollar design and when they'll be available.

I've been a customer of Bernie's for a while now. He's got a lot of the TSP coins and they'll be showing up pretty regularly for auction. I talked to him yesterday. The only ones he can't get right now are the Community Dollars with the Oak Tree. The Barter is Better coins are on back order, but will be coming.

Shipping monday? YEAH! I'll be waiting.

I think I'm going to re-sell about 20 of the 45 TSP coins when I get them then order more as needed. I'll let you know how fast they go in Florida. Should be quick though, based on how fast the Gun Dollars and Tea Party Dollars went. Been getting $4 for the Gun Dollars and $8 for the Tea Party. I think anything representing Freedom and Constitutional Rights is huge right now. As they should be. The Lakotas are going ok, but not anywhere near as well.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 09:14:01 AM by Crash »

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »
I got 20 in the mail today! Very nice, well made rounds. Typical AOCS quality. Everyone who ordered these will be impressed.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2011, 10:35:36 AM »

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I can be an ankle biter too!
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2011, 06:29:29 PM »
Fixed a mistake!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 06:45:58 PM by RacinRob »

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2011, 06:35:55 PM »
I would love to post how cool they are, but I can't find them.  The tracking number says it was delivered but I can find it.  What kind of box were they shipped in?

Either a flat rate envelope, or a small priority flat rate box.  Or, conversely, if you ordered a medic bag or water bottles or something, it'd be in a slightly larger box (not flat rate, or priority). 

If you have enormous trouble, PLEASE PM me.  I won't have you going without coins you paid for.  I'll send you more and if you find the original ones that were sent, you can send them back to me.  :)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2011, 06:41:43 PM »
RR, I just checked the tracking based on the email you use here on the forum, and it has NOT been delivered yet.  It was processed through the sort facility here in SoCal yesterday.  Not yet out for delivery wherever you are.  :)

Offline BIG-TARGET

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Open the cage and let the tigers out!!!
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 06:42:34 PM »
I can't wait for mine to arrive!!!! ;D

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2011, 06:42:42 PM »
Oh, thank God.  Wrong tracking number!  Good I can sleep tonight!

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2011, 06:44:01 PM »
We'll see if anything shows up tomorrow.  I checked tracks to and from the door and just me and the dog.  I have a large mailbox so they should be in there.  I only ordered a small batch and small flatrates fit in my box.  It has been very windy up here so I hope that he didn't hang it on the mailbox in one of those stupid bags. Grrr. I haven't had any problems up here before and I hope this isn't the first.  :-[ No, worries I in no way blame ya'll.

It hasn't been delivered yet, dear.  I just checked the tracking number (i think you might have missed that post).  It should be there in a day or two.  I'll let ya know when it gets there, okay?

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2011, 06:47:06 PM »
It hasn't been delivered yet, dear.  I just checked the tracking number (i think you might have missed that post).  It should be there in a day or two.  I'll let ya know when it gets there, okay?

Yeah, I am slow.  I had the wrong email.  I was blinded by visions of my coins blowing down the road with the snow.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2011, 06:51:03 PM »
Yeah, I am slow.  I had the wrong email.  I was blinded by visions of my coins blowing down the road with the snow.

LOL!!!!!!!  I can just see you sitting there looking at something, going.. "wtf?  It was delivered in OCTOBER?!"  :D

Poor guy.  Breathe.  Have a beer.  We'll get you situated yet.  :)

Offline Darkwinter

• Junior Evil Overlord
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Has his wife's permission
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2011, 07:02:35 PM »
 :happydance: Can't wait! Can't wait! can't wait!

Like Christmas!!!!!! :excited:

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »
Were we supposed to get tracking numbers? It's cool if we don't, but it would help. I got a response back from here that they were mailed monday 1/31, I didn't get a tracking number, and paypal doesn't list them as shipped. Just confused. Forgive me, I'm an old man.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2011, 11:37:09 PM »
Were we supposed to get tracking numbers? It's cool if we don't, but it would help. I got a response back from here that they were mailed monday 1/31, I didn't get a tracking number, and paypal doesn't list them as shipped. Just confused. Forgive me, I'm an old man.

It's possible that your order was queued for shipping yesterday and hasn't been picked up by mister mail-person yet.  I'll run a quick check for ya to make sure.

jakematic

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2011, 10:43:18 AM »
Mine rounds just arrived in the mail. Snoopy dance!

They are awesome, thanks for all the work everyone put into creating them.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »
Nothing on Paypal, nothing in e-mail, nothing in the mail.

Offline Pathfinder

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2011, 11:05:31 AM »
Nothing on Paypal, nothing in e-mail, nothing in the mail.

Ditto here - also sent a message through the TSP Gear Shop Contact Us button yesterday. I ordered late Nov/early Dec. including a medical bag which were backordered til 12/7/10.