Author Topic: AOCS Coins  (Read 13126 times)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Re: AOCS Coins
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2011, 04:06:38 PM »
Received my package... didn't know people were having issues with their shipments until I came on here to voice my concern.

The coins were in zip-lock baggies, which were of course torn. I'm missing 8 out of my order of 100. The coins are also dinged up. Not sure I have a mint condition one in the bunch.

For some reason, I thought these were being shipped in coin tubes. If I would have known otherwise, I would have sprung for it and shipped it to you beforehand.

The coins aren't in "mint condition" when they get to us.  They're shipped to us in bags which are in boxes.  We're shipping them out in *much* the same way they're shipped to us.

Of course your 8 missing coins will be replaced!  Not sure why you thought they'd be shipped in coin tubes either...  I'll need you to PM me your last name (if you haven't already) so that I can get them shipped out to you.

Those coins look lovely.  I wish my 50 were in the package that the letter carrier dropped off at my house.

I'm headed to the USPS I guess.

Are the coins insured in someway.

Oh Travis, that's awful!!!!

PM me with your last name, and I'll get your 50 out (again) in a box.  The first half of the coins were shipped out in envelopes, and that (your photo) is the reason we switched to boxes.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2011, 05:13:55 PM »
Well here's something to be positive about - only about 2% of our orders on these AOCS coins are being troublesome.  While it's irritating that there are ANY that are having problems, I'm pretty happy that it's only about 2%. 

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I can be an ankle biter too!
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2011, 05:53:46 PM »

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2011, 07:08:49 PM »
LOL!!!!  That really made me laugh my head off.  Whenever I see that there's a new post in this thread in particular, I cringe.  That was a wonderful surprise.  :D

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2011, 07:16:01 PM »
Ok, I needed that.  ;D

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »
Well, my box of pachinko machine parts arrived -  :D
Heck, that's what it sounded like at least to me.

I would talk to Marry Beth about being a good source for the plastic coin tubes.   The coin sizes seem to be about the same, so there should be no issues about finding something special. 

The tubes do double duty - keeps them from rattling around and getting dinged up.

I wonder if the  standard silver eagle money clip would hold this coin.  Would be nice way to show it off to others.

Another good option for shipment would be just to use a bit of card board, tape the bags of coins to the cardboard and it should be good to go.  to prevent the items from sliding around - some newspaper to pack the box/container.

If there is an option next time I order these coins I would be happy to pay extra to get the coin tubes.

Offline DeepSea1985

• Senior Survivalist
    • TN Tactical Supply
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2011, 08:33:58 PM »
Sis,

I received mine today and they are stunning, well done. After reading through the other post I see my discontent with the loose packing and resulting scratches has been well addressed. Hey, I know, they are supposed to be for exchange and trade but...... As a rookie coin collector I'd love to have one pristine coin to preserve as a collectible. Maybe next run..........

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2011, 08:42:01 PM »
I honestly don't think I have a pristine coin here....  :-\

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2011, 02:10:04 AM »
If I may? It's very hard, if not impossible to find a mint condition coin because these are business strikes and are shipped in bags from the mint. I usually find the best looking ones and put them in an airtight holder. I have every kind of copper round issued by AOCS, same deal on all of them. BU, not mint.

The NORFEDs I have are like that too. I've gotten sealed mint rolls of Tea Party copper rounds and they still have small dings and toning. It's the nature of these coins and it's accepted due to the collectability of them because of subject matter and limited runs, not to mention raids and seizures. I've dealt with literally thousands of AOCS and NORFED coins over the years and have yet to see a mint condition coin. But we keep looking, don't we?  ;D

Offline The Wilderness

• The Patriarch of Lunatics
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
    • The Umbafa Chronicles
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2011, 06:53:02 AM »
If I may? It's very hard, if not impossible to find a mint condition coin because these are business strikes and are shipped in bags from the mint. I usually find the best looking ones and put them in an airtight holder. I have every kind of copper round issued by AOCS, same deal on all of them. BU, not mint.

The NORFEDs I have are like that too. I've gotten sealed mint rolls of Tea Party copper rounds and they still have small dings and toning. It's the nature of these coins and it's accepted due to the collectability of them because of subject matter and limited runs, not to mention raids and seizures. I've dealt with literally thousands of AOCS and NORFED coins over the years and have yet to see a mint condition coin. But we keep looking, don't we?  ;D

Thanks Crash.

Well, my box of pachinko machine parts arrived -  :D
Heck, that's what it sounded like at least to me.

Brad, if you are not happy with what you received, pm me and I will refund your money.

I'm headed to the USPS I guess.

Are the coins insured in someway.

Travis. The coins are not insured because it would be cost prohibitive. We would not be able to sell them at the price we would have to charge. No one would buy them. Same thing with any Gear Shop item, however Sis and I guarantee each order and will reship your coins to you, no problem.

TW

Offline Travis

• Prepper
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »
Makes sense.

Thanks.

At least we can hope someone finds the coins and be selling them or giving them away they inadvertently spread the preparedness message.

My replacement coins are on the way.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2011, 03:31:13 PM »
Makes sense.

Thanks.

At least we can hope someone finds the coins and be selling them or giving them away they inadvertently spread the preparedness message.

Exactly.  What annoys me isn't that the coins are in somebody else's hands.  It's that they're not in my customers' hands FIRST.  I want to open this thread and hear, "I LOVE THEM!!!! Now to give them away!"  rather than, "damn it, I got a pretty box with nothing inside."

That is frustrating to all of us.  :-(

Anyway... Yeah, your coins are on their way.  :)  You'll get them this time if I have to hand deliver the dang things myself!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 04:52:35 PM by Sister Wolf »

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2011, 04:57:32 PM »
Thanks Crash.

Brad, if you are not happy with what you received, pm me and I will refund your money.

Travis. The coins are not insured because it would be cost prohibitive. We would not be able to sell them at the price we would have to charge. No one would buy them. Same thing with any Gear Shop item, however Sis and I guarantee each order and will reship your coins to you, no problem.

TW

Heck no you can't have my copper coins back - besides,  I have two pachinko machine so all the parts are needed.  ;D

I was just providing a few techniques that could provide a more secure method to ship the heavy coins is all.  Take the baggy of coins and tape it to a tight fitting cardboard strip and they will less likely cause the shipping container to make noise, less chance of a hole getting generated as the USPS uses the utmost TLC when tossing the container 40 feet into the cargo truck.

I guess some of that dreaded AS9100 training I took last week managed to take for process improvement cycle. 

I just think of these tokens as big old ha'penny  I use to get way back when I use to live in the UK. They are sort of fun to have - but don't have any need to spend them.

Brad in Colorado

Offline BIG-TARGET

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Open the cage and let the tigers out!!!
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2011, 11:36:48 PM »
All my coins, and my Medic bag arrived today!!
And it's all good!!!

Especially, the coins!!!  Definate winners!  They're even prettier than the challenge coins!!

Thanks for having them!!

Offline The Wilderness

• The Patriarch of Lunatics
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
    • The Umbafa Chronicles
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2011, 12:03:53 AM »
All my coins, and my Medic bag arrived today!!
And it's all good!!!

Especially, the coins!!!  Definate winners!  They're even prettier than the challenge coins!!

Thanks for having them!!

You are welcome! I am glad that you like them. Sis worked her ass off on that design, and it is great to hear that it is appreciated.

TW

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2011, 12:28:38 PM »
no problem. Hope all is well with you all and have a great rest of the week.

Update: It looks like Bernie is sold out of TSP coins and has only Lakotas left right now. There is another guy in Minnesota selling TSPs but he's selling single coins and 5 coin lots at $3.05 (5 for $15.24 with shipping) to $4.65 each. Be glad you bought yours when you did at the price you did. You just made double your money back plus in less than a month.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:10:49 PM by Crash »

Offline cpf240

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2011, 06:15:23 PM »
Just wanted to say that I received my coins this past Saturday, and I can't complain about the delivery in any way!

These coins are beautiful, and my only regret is that I didn't order more.

Thanks to SW for all her hard work on these!

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2011, 07:29:18 PM »
no problem. Hope all is well with you all and have a great rest of the week.

Update: It looks like Bernie is sold out of TSP coins and has only Lakotas left right now. There is another guy in Minnesota selling TSPs but he's selling single coins and 5 coin lots at $3.05 (5 for $15.24 with shipping) to $4.65 each. Be glad you bought yours when you did at the price you did. You just made double your money back plus in less than a month.

Well... God bless him.  I hope he is able to sell them, and that he makes a good profit.  :)

I think we'll keep selling ours at 1.00-1.25 each.  :D

Offline GreeneAcres

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2011, 09:14:31 PM »
Received my AOCS copper rounds today :D ............... I love 'em and glad that I decided to purchase 50 coins.

Thanks so much for this awesome product

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2011, 09:15:50 PM »
You did good! Looks like the coins are becoming instant collector's items. I'll be buying more from you as I can. I think I have the moving thing set, but who knows??

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »
And I think I finally got the shipping thing fixed too.  Travis and Kevo will have to let us know when they get their coins, but I packed the heck out of those things this time around.  ;)

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Posts REALLY REALLY ugly pictures...
    • Making A Homestead, One Day at a Time
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2011, 08:20:48 AM »
Got my coins in the mail yesterday and love them thanks SW & TW!  :happydance:

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2011, 09:42:31 AM »
BTW SW, Very cool dog in the pic. Looks like a laid back guy.  ;D

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »
BTW SW, Very cool dog in the pic. Looks like a laid back guy.  ;D

She's a girl!  Thank you, nonetheless.  Hannah's the doggy love of our lives.  ;)

Offline Travis

• Prepper
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »
And I think I finally got the shipping thing fixed too.  Travis and Kevo will have to let us know when they get their coins, but I packed the heck out of those things this time around.  ;)

Yep.  I'll post back when I get 'em.

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2011, 05:49:35 PM »
She's a girl!...
Well, those of us who have been around awhile know this, but, you gotta admit, it is a little hard to tell from the picture.  ;D

Offline NWBowhunter

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Got Elk!
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2011, 07:28:42 PM »
I was getting worried it had been 10 days since I got a mail tracking notice. And then Jack's statement today on the podcast that everyone should have received their coins. Well they were in the mail box tonight. They were loose in the box but it was intact. So now I have 98 coins stacked on the counter already gave two away.

They are great looking coins.  Everybody in the family will get one next weekend.

;D

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2011, 11:11:57 PM »
Sorry. Yeah she looks cool.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2011, 11:15:26 PM »
Sorry. Yeah she looks cool.

LOL - like TD said, you can't tell if you don't know the mutt.  Not to turn this into yet another thread about our four legged kids, but she IS cool.  Coolest ferocious pink nosed pit bull (slash rhodesian ridgeback slash who knows what) that ever lived.  ;D

Offline cavacout1991

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2011, 10:49:40 PM »
Got my coins and no gripes here. They are awesome and all of my prepper friends that didnt order any are trying to buy mine from me. I sure hope we can have another pre-order soon. I want 300 more.
Thanks for all of the hard work you have done. ::)
cavscout1991