Author Topic: Coleman LED Quad Lantern  (Read 3142 times)

Offline MaddoginMass

• Survivalist Mentor
Coleman LED Quad Lantern
« on: December 03, 2010, 06:17:01 PM »
I've been watching this for awhile.  It is normally $69 at Amazon, now on sale for $54.  It is normally $79 at Cabelas (they have it on sale for $69).  This is a really good deal and it is getting very good reviews.  The cool thing about it is that it can be broken down into four separate lights.  I just picked up 2, one to give as a Xmas gift and one for my family.  If you spend over $100 on Coleman items, you get an additional $20 off, so it brought the cost down to $44 each and free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-2000001150-LED-Quad-Lantern/dp/B001TS71NG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1291425061&sr=8-1

amanadoo

Re: Coleman LED Quad Lantern
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 08:38:18 AM »
I've had my eyes on this for a while too. I didn't know about the 20$ Coleman discount....is that through the coleman site, or amazon?

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 02:40:06 PM »
Any one have a first hand review of these?  They always catch my eye at the store, but it is hard to get a sense of a lantern on brightly lit store shelf.

Offline MaddoginMass

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »
This discount was through Amazon.

I purchased one for myself.  When the unit is fully assembled it throws off a good amount of light 360 degrees (easily lights up a 30' x 50' room).  When you break off the panels, it still throws off a good amount directionally.  Supposedly the lantern will run on 8 D cell batteries for 70 hours.  I have not used this in a camping situation yet but am definitely looking forward to it.  I don't regret getting it.

Offline reefmarker

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 06:06:12 PM »
Cosco usually has them in the $55 range.  They seem a little expensive, but that is when comparing them to a single lantern that you can't break into 4 area lights.

Offline atherts

• Survivalist Mentor
  • TSP and Guinness Supporter
    • Karott Productions
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 10:02:02 PM »
Any one have a first hand review of these?  They always catch my eye at the store, but it is hard to get a sense of a lantern on brightly lit store shelf.

I can say that my granddaughter loves to play with it. 4 year old endorsed.
It is a solid piece of gear. Sturdy, pretty heavy, lots of light. Nice for camping, especially a large tent. It is better than having a hot lantern and worrying about breaking the mantle or glass.
I'd buy it again.