Author Topic: Texas Hunting Licenses For Next Season Are On Sale  (Read 1537 times)

Offline dracphelan

• Survivor
    • Gun Totin' Hippies
Texas Hunting Licenses For Next Season Are On Sale
« on: August 15, 2010, 01:16:33 PM »
Today is the first day Texas hunting licenses are on sale for the 2010-11 seasons. I am now licensed to hunt for the upcoming year in Texas and have a public lands permit. I plan on at least trying my hand at dove hunting (next month). I might do some feral hog hunting on at Lake Lavon (also might do some squirrel and rabbit hunting there). I'm also looking at doing some deer hunting at the LBJ National Grasslands in Late December or early January (my work shuts down from before Christmas til after New Years). Who knows, I might even try to get a Turkey when spring turkey season gets here.

I really wish we had more land available for public hunting in Texas. It is pretty easy to find places to hunt doves and waterfowl with a firearm. But, there are very few places to hunt larger game with a fiirearm that do not cost an arm and leg.

Offline cliffyp

• Survivor
Re: Texas Hunting Licenses For Next Season Are On Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »
Just picked mine up too.  Super Combo with the Public Lands Permit as well.  We have lots of dove hunting lands where I am in South Texas but not much for deer.  I'm on the coast as well, so I've got the ducks covered too.  Fortunately I have a few friends with leases that I get to deer hunt on.  Hope its a good season, I want to fill my freezer and try out some biltong.