Author Topic: my first day of buck season in eleven years  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Jonathon January

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
my first day of buck season in eleven years
« on: November 28, 2011, 04:39:08 AM »
I'm counting down the hours until I get off work (8am). Today is the first day of buck in Pa and I feel like I'm twelve all over again. Hell, I can even hear my dad's voice in the back of my head yelling at me to be quiet. still can't figure out why its not ok for me to talk softly to myself but he can yell at me.

Good luck to all my Pa brothers and sisters  (and anyone in other states)

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: my first day of buck season in eleven years
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 05:28:40 AM »
Good luck to you!

Offline rustyknife

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 05:30:55 AM »
Good hunting. Remember to soak up every sight and smell. Have "happy thoughts" and leave the cares of the world behind as it will still be there when you return. Would like to hear how your hunt went when you return.

Offline Jonathon January

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 10:24:50 PM »
. . Would like to hear how your hunt went when you return.

It sucked! Sat in the rain for almost five hours and the only deer I saw was the one I helped a friend pull out of the caller we were hunting in.  I also ended up twisting my ankle, falling, and smashing my scope off the ground.  Buuut there's eleven days left so I still have time.

Offline rustyknife

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »
Sounds like to me you had a pretty good time. I figure when I go that I haven't hunted hard enough unless I'm tired,stinky, got mud or dirt up to my knee caps, need to clean the gun for all the dirt and brush I bulldozed through, I'm cold ,wet ,tired, hungry as a horse and have a big sh#tin grin from ear to ear. That's a pretty good day.

Remember it's called "hunting"not "catching" so there will be days like that. Best wishes.

Offline Jonathon January

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »
I was happy up till me smashing my dads four hundred dollar scope off the ground.

I love the dirt and grime. In fact, I found myself stuck today in a swamp area trying to MacGyver my way out so  I didnt get stuck hip deep in muck. And I looooove stomping brush and what not in small game. I'm just sooo I'll prepared for deer season this year. I'm def' going to spend the next year hiking deer trails. I'm going to know the state game lands and a few private properties like the back of my hand.

Offline rustyknife

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 11:03:05 PM »
Good plan. Get to know the area as best you can. The more you know the less it becomes a guessing game, besides, more good dirt time.  :)Can't beat that.

Would love to hear how it goes and some pictures would be good. Unfortunately too many people think that their meat comes from McD's or some supper market. You and I know different. Good hunting.