Author Topic: Global Sun Oven  (Read 4985 times)

Offline Dan Forrester

• Prepper
Global Sun Oven
« on: December 25, 2010, 11:31:36 AM »
What is “Global Sun Ovens” official website?  I think I get a $50 MSB discount plus a cooking pot but I can’t find any info on the MSB section.

Can anyone direct me to the sight and let me know what I need to get the discount?

Thanks,

Dan

nkawtg

Re: Global Sun Oven
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 11:55:58 AM »

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
I'm thinking that discount is no longer in effect. It seems to me that I recall something about this in the past, too. I didn't find anything about it on the MSB site.

Offline Zuladad

• Prepper
  • Do not be deceived
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 12:52:22 PM »
I bought one about six months ago & think it is fantastic, fun, and makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere with this prep stuff.
It works pretty much like a regular (electric) slow cooker, cepin you put it outside and let the sun do the cooking.

The only thing you have to attend to is the movement of the sun.  You will need to move the oven with the sun to keep the best heating.  Think of someone at the beach with one of those reflectors under their chin to tan the neck.  The sun oven works like that.

Two quick things: the outside temperature doesn't matter.  As long as the sun is shining, you can cook even in the snow.  The other thing is that you'll need to exercise some common sense when opening and closing the reflectors - looking right into the reflected sun isn't fun.  Now, if I had had a bit more common sense, I wouldn't have seen spots.  You won't go blind, of course, but experience is a good teacher.

Beef, chicken, pork, veggies - cook just as you would in your slow cooker, oven, or stove top.  All the meat I've used is, as they say, 'fall-off-the-bone-tender'.  It really is.  I feel I've made a good investment.  (I don't know the status of the discount.)

Now, only 538,354 things more and I'll be READY!

Offline ore2u

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 05:03:56 PM »
I would love to have one of these ovens. Due to being unemployed it just isn't in the cards right now. Does any one have plans to build one that isnt just a card board box?

Offline 4bull

• The Pumpkin Whisperer
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 08:57:11 PM »
That was neat , but my neighbers would crap if i back in that traylor . Any one see a price on it.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 10:59:59 PM »
I don't know about the big trailer, but I really like our sun oven. There are quite a few threads on cooking with solar... check out the "Everything Under the Sun" thread for recipes and other ideas for solar cooking.

Offline theremart

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 04:14:09 AM »
I bought one about six months ago & think it is fantastic, fun, and makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere with this prep stuff.
It works pretty much like a regular (electric) slow cooker, cepin you put it outside and let the sun do the cooking.

The only thing you have to attend to is the movement of the sun.  You will need to move the oven with the sun to keep the best heating.  Think of someone at the beach with one of those reflectors under their chin to tan the neck.  The sun oven works like that.

Two quick things: the outside temperature doesn't matter.  As long as the sun is shining, you can cook even in the snow.  The other thing is that you'll need to exercise some common sense when opening and closing the reflectors - looking right into the reflected sun isn't fun.  Now, if I had had a bit more common sense, I wouldn't have seen spots.  You won't go blind, of course, but experience is a good teacher.

Beef, chicken, pork, veggies - cook just as you would in your slow cooker, oven, or stove top.  All the meat I've used is, as they say, 'fall-off-the-bone-tender'.  It really is.  I feel I've made a good investment.  (I don't know the status of the discount.)

Now, only 538,354 things more and I'll be READY!

I love mine as well.

I have this and a solar sizzler cooker and the sun oven is worth the $.
I bought mine off Ebay.

I am cooking bread in this video ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VjknPqyrqI#

Love my pizza done in this oven.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 07:56:56 AM »
Check out this blog:   http://solarovenchef.blogspot.com/

There are lots of good ideas about solar cooking there, including the use of bungee cords for windy days and solar cooking (lol)