Author Topic: Remnants - SHTF movie Jan 2011  (Read 4797 times)

Online archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
Remnants - SHTF movie Jan 2011
« on: January 05, 2011, 04:42:22 PM »
http://www.remnants-movie.com

Plot Summary of Remnants
A rare astronomical event causes a permanent worldwide black out, forcing residents of a middle-class suburb to get by with no modern conveniences.

The community pulls together and adapts to a simpler way of life, but their success draws the attention of the less resourceful residents in the area and soon results in a war between subdivisions.

This is their story.

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/

Offline Sarey

• Survivor
Re: Remnants - SHTF movie Jan 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 05:13:01 PM »
Looks good!
I tell ye true, liberty is the best of all things; never live beneath the noose of a servile halter.²
    - William Wallace, Address to the Scots, circa 1300

Online archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 05:16:13 PM »
yeah it does....

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 05:32:16 PM »
Looks good, thanks for posting it.
F_M
Check out my blogs at The Homestead Fritz and Camping With Fritz

Online archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 05:40:52 PM »
I found it off of one of the adsense ads..

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 05:42:25 PM »
I found it off of one of the adsense ads..
Cool, other than the food storage stuff, I don't find all that much interesting. 

But while I was in the gardening forum, I did find some fruit tree nurseries.
F_M
Check out my blogs at The Homestead Fritz and Camping With Fritz

Online archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 05:45:06 PM »
Cool, other than the food storage stuff, I don't find all that much interesting. 

But while I was in the gardening forum, I did find some fruit tree nurseries.

I went to a link for food storage, and that company had a link for Remnants.

Offline Roknrandy

• He That Rocks:Viewer Discretion is Advised
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Master Spammer Obliterator
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »
very interesting movie

Ya know, the more I think about it the madder I get.  Our motto, what we believed down in our heart, went something like this "ye though I walk through the Valley of Death we will fear no evil...for we are the baddest mother strawberry pickers in the Valley".

FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART

Offline Maverick9110e

• Prepper
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 07:10:24 PM »
Sounds like there hoping for it to be out come summertime/fall.  Also sounds like its going to be straight to DVD/Netflix and possibly some cable networks.
Freedom Isn't Free

Offline Scotty2Hotty

• Prepper
  • All the way!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »
Reminds me of the TV show Jericho.

Offline JGreene

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 08:07:30 PM »
If it can get a few more grasshoppers to at least think "what if?"    I like the "basement" scene. 

Offline chromesoldier

• Survivor
  • When in doubt do it again.
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 08:42:20 PM »
Looks like someone made a Lights Out movie already.
Life isnt a pop quiz you only have one shot at it so give it all you got.--Me

Offline NWBowhunter

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Got Elk!
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 08:55:02 PM »
sounds like Lights Out to me too.
I'm prepared to be wrong are you?

Offline ttubravesrock

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »
fyi - it looks like production has been pushed back to sometime this year.

Offline Prepper Recon

• Survivor
  • We don't have a lot of time.
    • Prepper Recon
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
This should be good. I am excited about it. I agree with Scotty2, it does remind me of Jericho. I miss that show. I hope Revolution can measure up.
"In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish mans devours all he has." Proverbs 21:20

http://prepperrecon.com/
Prepper Recon.com is Prepper news and info links, as well as practical tips to prepping on a budget.

Offline Nadir_E

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Win some, learn some.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 06:19:06 PM »
It certainly looks like it could be entertaining, but I hardly think Hollywood will make an "ant" movie. :)

From their "news" page it's clear they've completed the movie, now they're shopping it to different distributors, so depending on whether they're successful, it may or may not be on a screen in 2012 (I hope it is).

http://www.remnants-movie.com/news.html

-N
Region 8, SoCal

Online archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 06:32:57 PM »
cool...

hobbs67

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 09:49:22 AM »
It certainly looks like it could be entertaining, but I hardly think Hollywood will make an "ant" movie. :)

From their "news" page it's clear they've completed the movie, now they're shopping it to different distributors, so depending on whether they're successful, it may or may not be on a screen in 2012 (I hope it is).

http://www.remnants-movie.com/news.html

-N

I think they are heading towards the straight to video distribution route, but its hard to tell. 

Very Lights out-ish from the previews, which for me is good as I liked the book.

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 10:50:05 PM »
Odd, though. . .no updates since April.

The Professor
On "The List" since 1994.  Isn't it about time YOU got on The List?

Yeah, that's right. . ."Professor EMERITUS!"  Now, pardon me while I show up "late" for. . .uh. . .work.

Offline Niccolum

• Survivor
    • Invest a Nickel
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 07:39:11 PM »
I've been following this movie on Facebook almost since they started filming. They're still planning to do a big-screen release I believe. Here's their last post from August 22:

Over the past two months, Reel Equity Funding in association with Brothers Young Productions, Bug Out Bag Productions, North Atlanta Studios and Afterlight Pictures have been hard at work on Remnants getting it ready for distribution. We now feel we have some significant news to share and we are very excited to provide you with an update. Part of our plan from the beginning was to tell a parallel story of what the government is doing during this global event, and we have done so in a big way! This past weekend we just wrapped filming these additional scenes and the post production process has started. The deadline for our editors and post production team is to have a completed film by late October. Just to give you a little insight of what is to come, here is a photo of Tom Sizemore as Joint Chief of Staff General Vincent Tate. In addition, Tom Sizemore has joined the production team as one of the film’s Producers. We want to thank all of our Facebook fans for your continued support and we look forward to providing you with more updates soon.

See https://www.facebook.com/remnantsmovie
Blog: http://investanickel.com   Twitter: @investanickel

"The purpose of Newspeak was not only to provide a medium of expression for the world-view and mental habits proper to the devotees of IngSoc, but to make all other modes of thought impossible. Its vocabulary was so constructed as to give exact and often very subtle expression to every meaning that a Party member could properly wish to express, while excluding all other meaning and also the possibility of arriving at them by indirect methods. This was done partly by the invention of new words, but chiefly by eliminating undesirable words and stripping such words as remained of unorthodox meanings, and so far as possible of all secondary meaning whatever.” - George Orwell, 1984

Offline Blu

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 04:06:13 PM »
Now you can buy it!!!

you have to go through PayPal only.  Here is what they posted on Facebook, for those of you that do not have an account. The link in in the above post in this thread.

And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for:

*** Remnants is now available for purchase!! ***

For a limited time only our distributor has authorized us to sell a small number of DVDs to friends, family and followers before any distribution deals are finalized. We know many of you have followed this project for up to 2 years, so we’ve worked hard to be able to set up a small batch of DVDs fo
r friends, family and followers only.

Orders can be made immediately, and will be accepted until December 22. The discs will be shipped in batches as we receive orders. Our goal is to have all orders placed before December 15th in your hands before the Mayan calendar ends on December 21st!! All remaining DVDs will be shipped before the end of December (assuming we’re all still alive after the 21st).

This is a quick, informal offer to friends, family and followers only. As a result, we don’t have fancy shopping carts, websites or options available. Here are the specifics:

(1) A DVD of the final Remnants movie in a full-sized case with artwork/cover: $15 delivered (+ $12 each additional set)

(2) A DVD of the final Remnants AND a DVD of the original version – both in a full-sized case with artwork/cover: $25 delivered (+$22 each additional set)

To keep this quick and easy – we’re accepting payments through paypal only. Please make payments to info@afterlightpictures.com and be sure to include your name, address and email, along with the quantities of which set you are ordering. International buyers – please message us via facebook prior to placing an order. We will have region-free DVDs available, but obviously need to price shipping differently. At this time, we’re planning to send the standard definition version of the movie only (given the high cost of producing BluRay discs in small quantities). If there is enough interest in BluRay discs, we may consider a batch of those. We’ll need at least 100 people to commit to buy them, though. All proceeds from DVD sales will go directly to offset expenses from the production.

Thank you all for your support and enthusiasm over the last few months. When we purchased the project in June - we promised a completed movie in October, which we did accomplish (thanks to many long hours by our fantastic cast and crew). While we hope to have an announcement about distribution deals later this year, in the meantime – we wanted to make sure you could all enjoy the final product (that you’ve all been a part of) in 2012. We’ll be posting some more behind-the-scenes clips later this week, so stay tuned for more information soon!!

- Travis

Offline DrJohn

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 04:48:09 PM »
What is option 2?
"In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security.
They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all - security,
comfort, and freedom. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again."
- Edward Gibbon

Offline The Professor

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 08:44:39 PM »
Snagged.

The Professor

Yeah, that's right. . ."Professor EMERITUS!"  Now, pardon me while I show up "late" for. . .uh. . .work.

Offline Blu

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 07:52:12 PM »
The second one, from what I understand is the 2 different story lines.  The first is the original movie with the low budget.  The final cut is when the movie was sold to the current owner and they changed the story line a little bit and brought in a few different actors. 

Offline The Professor

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »
Just got my two DVD's today.  Gonna wait until tomorrow night to watch them, though.

I'll put up a review, when we're finished.

The Professor

Offline 11 Bravo

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 05:54:43 AM »
So, has anyone watched it yet ?  What's the verdict ?
1st-30th Infantry, 3rd Infantry Division