Author Topic: AOCS Merchant List  (Read 4334 times)

Offline Rockb

• Fledgling Prepper
AOCS Merchant List
« on: January 06, 2011, 04:24:07 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to put this or not. 

I have been trying to get a list of AOCS merchants ( http://www.opencurrency.com/directory/marketplace/ ) for a week or so but the links do not work for me.  I went to the page and found that they are updating the DB or something like that but provide links that are supposed to work to get you to a listing some other way.  That link never works.  I tried sending them a message through the site but that functionality did not work either.

Is it just me or can no one get a listing of merchants?

Offline NotoriousAPP

• Senior Survivalist
Re: AOCS Merchant List
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 06:33:03 AM »
I had the same problem when I tried to access the merchant list over a month ago.   Was disappointed to say the least.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 07:18:18 AM »
They must be working on it. I was able to use it about a week and a half to two weeks ago. It had a master list and a function to search vendors by alphabet, category and state if I recall correctly. Hopefully it will be up and running again soon.

Offline bbuubb

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »
Moderators,

I think we need to get AOCS specific thread going as a resource to the community; to fill the gap until the AOCS marketplace is running and can take over. We can humbly and gracefully bow out when the AOCS site is functional, but for now, I find it a hinderance to have the AOCS homepage as dysfunctional as it is. I'm not advocating competition for being the goto AOCS directory, just to provide at least something of some value.

What do you think of an AOCS specific forum thread? This could be similar to the industry reviews but specific to AOCS. Both reviews and vendor invitations could be posted. It seems like there would already be an AOCS web community thriving somewhere... I just can't find it.  I think The SPC would be a great place to start one. Do you think this would be beneficial?

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Posts REALLY REALLY ugly pictures...
    • Making A Homestead, One Day at a Time
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 07:33:37 AM »
Moderators,

I think we need to get AOCS specific thread going as a resource to the community; to fill the gap until the AOCS marketplace is running and can take over. We can humbly and gracefully bow out when the AOCS site is functional, but for now, I find it a hinderance to have the AOCS homepage as dysfunctional as it is. I'm not advocating competition for being the goto AOCS directory, just to provide at least something of some value.

What do you think of an AOCS specific forum thread? This could be similar to the industry reviews but specific to AOCS. Both reviews and vendor invitations could be posted. It seems like there would already be an AOCS web community thriving somewhere... I just can't find it.  I think The SPC would be a great place to start one. Do you think this would be beneficial?

I think you mean AOCS specific board not AOCS specific thread, as that's what this is. Anyway, after some discussion among the mods it was decided at this time that there aren't enough threads to merit giving AOCS it's own board.  In the mean time please make any merchant commentary in this thread.

It seems their Marketplace isn't fully up and running yet.  BTW, that was a link from http://www.opencurrency.com/.  On their homepage, the opening story is Jack's interview with the founder of AOCS. They  also have a list of "AOCS Community Trade Coordinators" who, "help facilitate trade and exchange currencies with Merchants and customers in a particular region." 

The contact us page is down on their site as well.  I contacted them through their facebook group about the problems and inquired when there would be a resolution. They said, "Hey, we've been going through some improvements and a few little issues still remain to be addressed obviously. But we're working around the clock to get things even better than they were before. Keep checking back and we'll try to remember to let you know when things are repaired.
In the meantime, sign up for our eNews & Updates at the top right hand corner of our home page."

I also found an article about the TSP medallions on their website.
http://www.opencurrency.com/survival-copper/
which are for sale at The TSP Gear Shop