Author Topic: malkoffdevices  (Read 1794 times)

Offline CountryRootsCityJob

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Yeehaw :D (Unicycles require little maintenance)
    • Building Rome... as fast as I can!
malkoffdevices
« on: March 03, 2011, 10:56:38 AM »
Oh boy, oh boy!  I want one!   :excited:  "It will easily illuminate objects at a distance of 1000+ feet" with just a D size maglite!  

Oh yea, has anybody ever heard of these guys or used any of their products?  $70 is a lot for a mag-lite upgrade, but its a lot less than a Surefire...

I heard about it from this cool magazine: Back Woods Home - great magazine!

Okay, enough rambling.
~CRCJ

Offline JerseyVince

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: malkoffdevices
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 12:02:59 PM »
Gene Malkoff is a genious engineer and an all around good guy. He goes out of his way for his customers and fellow members of CPF.com (candlepowerforums aka flashlight nuts ;D) I have many of his upgrades in my Surefire lights and they are bright as hell and more importantly bulletproof in their construction. don't hesitate on the Maglite upgrade they sell out in a second for a reason, just remember you have to have a older incan maglite to use them ( they have a D or C in the first letter of the serial number) the newer LED factory Maglites can't be modded witht that upgrade. You can always find cheap incan Surefire's on EBay and use Gene's upgrade and have a powerhouse and bulletproof Surefire light for under $100