Author Topic: Alaska Training w/ Mako Group  (Read 2645 times)

Offline BerserkerPrime

• Ice Humping Polar Bear
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • God, Guns and Oil!
Alaska Training w/ Mako Group
« on: January 08, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »
For you AK 49'rs.

MatSu Tactical is coordinating and hosting Mako Defense training that is AK 47/74 centric.  You may be aware that another outfit in Anchorage (Alaska Tactical?) brings these guys up for AR platform centric training.  Anyway, it will be in June or July and is accomadating us Slopers.  POC: is Kyle Cahill at MatSu Tactical.  Email him at Cahillconsulting@yahoo.com if you want to be added to the list or for more information. 

Disclaimer: I don't have a dog in the fight, I just like doing business with MT and am very happy that they are putting on this training! 

BP

Offline akdentist

• Survivor
  • One man with courage is a majority - Jefferson
Re: Alaska Training w/ Mako Group
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:24:21 PM »
I signed up for Mako training last year when they were going to do it in Fairbanks, but then they called and told me the course was canceled.  What a bummer.  I spent some mileage and went to Vegas and Front Sight instead. 

Cheers.

Offline BerserkerPrime

• Ice Humping Polar Bear
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • God, Guns and Oil!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:26:16 PM »
That's too bad.  Hope it doesn't happen to me.  Have you heard any feedback about the Fronts Sight training in Kenai?

Offline akdentist

• Survivor
  • One man with courage is a majority - Jefferson
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »
That's too bad.  Hope it doesn't happen to me.  Have you heard any feedback about the Fronts Sight training in Kenai?
At the shotgun course last month there was a guy there that had been to the Kenai facility and he had nothing but praise for it.  Small classes and the instructors are the most knowledgeable of all their instructors.  He was surprised that us Alaskans had not been to it, but most of the courses they offer in Kenai are Skill Builder courses or the 3 day 3 gun course.  In order to take the Skill Builder course, you need to take the basic course first and that is only offered in NV.

Cheers.

Offline BerserkerPrime

• Ice Humping Polar Bear
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • God, Guns and Oil!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 07:35:58 AM »
That's too bad, as with my slope schedule, it's not easy get courses to line up, much less the cost of a ticket.  I would hope they would take 22 years of LEO experience as a trade off.  I just want to update and keep current on skills and tactics.   :P