Author Topic: RabidTurkey Garden 2011  (Read 1966 times)

Offline RabidTurkey

• Prepper
  • Head Turkey
    • Rabid Turkey Farms
RabidTurkey Garden 2011
« on: January 09, 2012, 02:29:23 PM »
Mini fruit orchard / vineyard

Just did this this weekend.. going to put in 12 fruit trees TBD and have 5 40' rows for vines (grapes, muscadine and berries) still need to run water lines and I'll start a cover crop. At some point would like to run some rabbits under the trees but that is getting ahead of myself I need trees first!

Buster making sure everything is laid out. Small stakes are holes to be.

I love this thing! Post hole digger with a 6" auger makes short work of setting stakes.

Holes are dug ready for stakes to go in.

Short break to look in on the chickens, eggs have started to come back after their winter break a much welcomed change!

All the stakes and posts in and lined up. End posts for the vines are from old power poles the other side will be from the vineyard that was here before but light was running out so those will go in later.

Last shot before the sun ran out. The end posts were cut so they are all roughly (very roughly) the same height.

Offline LibertyBelle

• Munches with goats...
  • Dedicated Contributor
Re: RabidTurkey Garden 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 02:57:24 PM »
You've been busy!  Love the auger....I've got to get one.  Although right now I've got teen-age sons who love showing off what their muscles can do when it comes to digging post holes, but I don't know how long that's gonna last. :)

Offline cohutt

• non semper erit aestas
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Don't Give Up Your Keys
    • Behind cohutt's Fence
Re: RabidTurkey Garden 2011
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 04:19:18 PM »
My cherty substrate turns and auger into a wrist breaker, you are fortunate.

Keep us posted!