Author Topic: China - nuclear reactors  (Read 1285 times)

Offline bigbear

• Dedicated Contributor
China - nuclear reactors
« on: January 11, 2011, 11:54:18 AM »
China's proposed nuclear reactor projects have been in the news for the past few years (admittedly not frontpage stuff) but these reactors are starting to go live.  3 reactors per year for the next 5 years (2010-2015), then 4 per year after 2015 thru 2020.

For those interested (and not morally opposed), uranium and uranium related stocks will probably see a nice appreciation over the next few years.  The biggest 'pure play' uranium miner is Cameco (CCJ) but BHP is a big uranium player as well.  From my limited understanding, the 'juniors' are the best buys now as they could be buyout targets and/or could benefit most from increasing uranium prices.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf63.html

Offline Morgan96

• Survivalist Mentor
  • We Are The Knights Who Say.... Nnnutella!
    • Blog:  101 Centavos
Re: China - nuclear reactors
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:42:41 PM »
Juniors are a huge speculative play, and I mean "huge" in the sense of huge risk. But with risk, comes reward.  Look at companies like Hathor Exploration, Denison Mines, Strathmore Minerals, Virginia Energy, Mesa Uranium and Blue Sky Uranium.  I've made some 200 and 300 percent returns, but could have easily lost as much.  Anyone willing to speculate in these highly volatile juniors should do so with money they can afford to lose.