Author Topic: Swagbucks  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Scotty2Hotty

• Prepper
  • All the way!
Swagbucks
« on: January 19, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »
Just a quick question, not sure if anyone else does this but its "free money" so to speak.  (Swagbucks.com)   In my quest to eliminate my debt I have been trying just about anything that I think will help. The website gives you points when you search things which I found I can use for a $50 gift card for REI, on of my all time favorite stores.  Please don't take this as me trying to push this website on anyone because I and NOT doing that at all... just wondering if anyone else has used or is using this tool.

-Scotty

Offline CBP

• Survivor
Re: Swagbucks
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 06:52:56 PM »
I am using it now.  I have not redeemed anything yet, but have nearly 1900 points which I plan to use toward an Amazon purchase ($20 so far) -- a Wagen power dome.  Swagbucks seems to be a fast search tool, haven't had any problems with it.  Get in a habit of "searching" for everything rather than bookmarking. 

Additionally, I do an online survey website -- tedious and I don't think quite worth my time -- earned another $10 off that for Amazon.

Also check out the Coinstar coin exchange machines -- if I turn in coins for cash or that store's credit, they charge a fee BUT there is another option.  If you choose a gift card (gives you a code), again I'm going after Amazon,  there is NO fee and I get the entire amount credit on the slip.

I don't know if the last two do REI, but worth a look as well. 

Offline Scotty2Hotty

• Prepper
  • All the way!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 08:37:18 AM »
I only have 400ish but its like getting free money.  I do the same thing I have been searching everything I can think of.  My mom was the one that got me going on it, I wish I had listened to her about the site a long time ago I could have been getting points a long time ago.

-Scotty

Offline Thanson_V

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 01:17:43 PM »
I've done this kind of thing before. It didn't pay out very well. My time seems better spent doing things that I enjoy that are also marginally profitable. Like building birdhouses/feeders or learning to sew. I guess if it's something you can do at work for a few minutes in your cube when you need some down time it would be worth doing. I do like their rewards list.

Offline Scotty2Hotty

• Prepper
  • All the way!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 01:38:07 PM »
This is my first time doing anything like this so I thought I would ask... Cant hurt to get a free gift card here and there.  It sure does take a while though since I read more books then I surf the interwebs.

-Scotty

Offline Thanson_V

• Survivor
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 05:31:06 AM »
If it works out for you awesome. If you can get points for referrals I'll even sign up for you.