Author Topic: SURVIVAL in the MOVIES or TV  (Read 87299 times)

Offline NickyTheHeel

• Senior Survivalist
    • Fr33agents (libertarian website)
Re: SURVIVAL in the MOVIES or TV
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2009, 06:11:15 PM »
I loved that part too....... My only thing about a remake is this.... Can u imagine the uproar when this gets made? Russian and South/Central Americans invading the US..... There is going to be some backlash about the US being xenophobic..... I can see the headlines now.

Make the invaders zombies.

Offline theaccidentalsurvivor

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2009, 06:13:53 PM »
I love zombie movies, but that's not the essence of Red Dawn..... People would bitch that we aren't having enough dialogue with the undead!

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2009, 06:26:47 PM »
I love the scene where they load up survival gear at the gas station before heading to the hills.

Offline NickyTheHeel

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2009, 06:31:30 PM »
I love zombie movies, but that's not the essence of Red Dawn..... People would bitch that we aren't having enough dialogue with the undead!

There wasn't much dialogue with the Cubans and Russians, either.  Anyway, with the advent (since the previous Red Dawn) of the Department of Homeland Security it's really hard to imagine the Russians/Cubans successfully invading.  There might be some border skirmishes but the invaders would be crushed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GQ0xP-an6U

Offline Dr. Horrible

• Survivor
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2009, 07:27:32 PM »
Anyway, with the advent (since the previous Red Dawn) of the Department of Homeland Security it's really hard to imagine the Russians/Cubans successfully invading.  There might be some border skirmishes but the invaders would be crushed.
More likely, Napolitano and company wouldn't be aware of the invasion until a month after it was completed.  ;)

Offline NickyTheHeel

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2009, 07:32:08 PM »
lol  Don't get me started on her.  We have a personal connection.  There could be a scene in the movie, though, where she sees the error of her ways,fights the odds and engineers a rescue of concentration-camped, right-wing-extremist, former veterans to save us from the invasion.  I envision it as being sorta like that scene in the 3rd Lord of the Rings movie where they convince the ghosts to fight for them.

Offline TrashCanMan

• International Connection
  • Survivalist Mentor
  • UK Based Prepper
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2009, 02:51:37 PM »
Quick heads up for any UK movie lovers....

Red Dawn starts in 10 minutes time (10pm) on Virgin+1

smkymtn

« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2009, 10:41:11 AM »
 The Trigger Effect.

Offline Darkwinter

• Junior Evil Overlord
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Has his wife's permission
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2009, 10:14:35 PM »
It's 11:59 on Radio Free America; this is Uncle Sam, with music, and the truth until dawn. Right now I've got a few words for some of our brothers and sisters in the occupied zone: "the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall", "john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache". It's twelve o'clock, American, another day closer to victory. And for all of you out there, on, or behind the line, this is your song.

Newb Survivalist

« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2009, 03:13:29 PM »
I am watching Survival School, on Hulu.com

its is pretty cool and free.

it is under the reality and game show channel. check it out

Offline madashell

• Prepper
    • Sugar Creek Homestead
« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2009, 09:05:29 AM »
New movie called 2012 http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/ It's a COMEDY! Click on the links for This is the End and The IHC

Offline A Pawn

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2009, 08:25:31 AM »
Richard Harris made a movie in the 70's called "Man in the Wilderness". It's about a man who in on an Expedition in the American or Candian west, but is injured and left for dead by the people he is traveling with. He uses all kinds of survival methods to walk out back to civilization. A good movie that has lots to offer... 8)

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Posts REALLY REALLY ugly pictures...
    • Making A Homestead, One Day at a Time
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2009, 09:34:07 AM »
Thanks to whoever suggested "The Snow Walker".  I watched it for free on Hulu with the wife and we both really enjoyed it (especially for free) It was also really cool that the wife was willing to watch it with me.  I showed her the trailer (which is way too long and reveals too much) and she went for it.

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2009, 10:21:41 AM »
Thanks to whoever suggested "The Snow Walker".  I watched it for free on Hulu with the wife and we both really enjoyed it (especially for free) It was also really cool that the wife was willing to watch it with me.  I showed her the trailer (which is way too long and reveals too much) and she went for it.

You have got to watch the DVD extras, almost as good as the movie.

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2009, 08:30:51 PM »
Well, I am going to have to wait until I have a little more cash flow to pay for movies. LOL The commercials aren't that bad, but I do miss out on those features.  Also, I am now addicted to Survival School on Hulu, but I can't find Episode 8 (anywhere!).  Has anyone else found it? Hulu doesn't have it and neither does anyone else.

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2009, 06:19:55 PM »
Alone In The Wilderness is on GPB right now for those of you in Georgia.

Offline Klapton

• BANNED
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »
Alone In The Wilderness is on GPB right now for those of you in Georgia.

WooHoo!  Dick Proeneke is my hero.

Offline gigaJack

• Senior Survivalist
  • Click the website icon to view my survial summary
    • The Survival Summary
The Survivors
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2009, 11:48:42 PM »
Survivors, The

Running Time: 1:43:14 Rating: R Genre: Comedy

Synopsis: This comedy takes two unemployed New Yorkers (Robin Williams and Walter Matthau) and puts them in a survivalist camp, after they cross a hit-man who's now bent on revenge.

Starring: Robin Williams, Walter Matthau, Jerry Reed

I was going to buy it but I found it on crackle.com below.

http://crackle.com/c/Survivors,_The

Offline Dan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • MSB Founding Member
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2009, 02:08:35 PM »
When the Wind Blows can be found here

Animated with a run time of approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes

"With the help of government-issued pamphlets, an elderly British couple build a shelter and prepare for an imminent nuclear attack. A classic little cartoon of hugely disturbing proportions. English 1986. Soundtrack includes songs by David Bowie, Genesis, and Pink Floyd's Roger Waters." YouTube user brucearmstrong1

Possenti2264

« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2009, 02:39:47 PM »
'24' season 2 had a survivalist guy in it (although it portrayed him as a nut.  Actually, every guy that wasn't an LEO or federal agent was portrayed as a freak.)

He had at least 4 long guns on a rack upstairs, but when he bugged out to his bomb shelter, he left the long guns on the rack.  He did have a couple of cots, lots of ammo, and some hand grenades which I thought was a little unrealistic.  He had a bunch of guns and ammo, but he was ready to spend years sleeping only on a military cot?  If he really planned that far ahead, you'd think he'd find something a little more comfortable. 

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #170 on: June 04, 2009, 04:08:58 PM »
Alone in The Wilderness was awesome I highly recommend it. The original Man Vs Wild and still very relevant

When the Wind Blows was pretty good too.  Funny Alex Jones mentioned the other day that maybe he should make cartoons to wake people up, because they were at such a child like state.  I think this movie does that.

That guy on 24 was an idiot and it was the usual case of the mainstream media demonizing our community.

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #171 on: June 04, 2009, 04:43:23 PM »
There wasn't much dialogue with the Cubans and Russians, either.  Anyway, with the advent (since the previous Red Dawn) of the Department of Homeland Security it's really hard to imagine the Russians/Cubans successfully invading.  There might be some border skirmishes but the invaders would be crushed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GQ0xP-an6U

How do you know that they aren't already here?  And with more coming in every day.
Fact is - we don't know who is coming in. Or how many.  Our "great" govenment is so hungry for the illegal vote, they are looking the other way. 
The invasion may have already started.   :o

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »
HEADS UP!!!!

Red Dawn coming on @ 8 on WGN

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2009, 06:31:22 PM »
Thanks!  ;D

homeshow

« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2009, 07:58:29 AM »
It's 11:59 on Radio Free America; this is Uncle Sam, with music, and the truth until dawn. Right now I've got a few words for some of our brothers and sisters in the occupied zone: "the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall", "john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache". It's twelve o'clock, American, another day closer to victory. And for all of you out there, on, or behind the line, this is your song.

nailed it +1

homeshow

« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2009, 07:59:41 AM »
jerimiah johnson still rocks.

Possenti2264

« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2009, 10:14:18 AM »
(Probably already posted by someone else) Defiance was a great movie.  It was like Red Dawn, but based on a true story, and a lot more realistic.  I always wondered though why they never showed anyone trying to produce their own food.  They stole and foraged, but i didn't see any crops or animals. 

Did I miss something?

Offline khristopher23

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2009, 11:42:32 AM »
(Probably already posted by someone else) Defiance was a great movie.  It was like Red Dawn, but based on a true story, and a lot more realistic.  I always wondered though why they never showed anyone trying to produce their own food.  They stole and foraged, but i didn't see any crops or animals. 

Did I miss something?

Yeah, just checked that one out this past weekend. I really enjoyed it. All those people that say civilians have no chance in a "Red Dawn" scenario against an army should watch it.

Offline union hill

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2009, 09:10:46 AM »
The Werner Herzog documentary "Little Dieter Needs to Fly" tells the story of Dieter Dengler, shot down over Laos early in the Vietnam war, his capture, torture, deprivations and eventual escape. His life is also the subject of a separate dramatic movie.
Early in the documentary (about 5 minutes in, available to stream from Netflix), Dieter is showing his present-day home, where he lifts an access panel to his crawl space where he has stored buckets... "1000 pounds of rice, 1000 pounds of wheat, 300 pounds of honey, etc.".
He says "I'll probably never need this, but I sleep so much better knowing it's there.". This is a man who, emaciated at his rescue, experienced real starvation.

I saw this before becoming active in my preparations, and it very much got the wheels turning for me...

Offline theaccidentalsurvivor

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2009, 03:10:19 PM »
Yeah, just checked that one out this past weekend. I really enjoyed it. All those people that say civilians have no chance in a "Red Dawn" scenario against an army should watch it.

all it takes is one victory over a basic patrol and you now have automatic weapons, explosives, food, and vehicles..... use those to get some more!