Author Topic: My wife Rocks!!!!  (Read 4176 times)

Offline ore2u

• Prepper
My wife Rocks!!!!
« on: January 17, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »
I don't know if this is the proper place to post this or not. But my wife ROCKS! I have been out of work for 7 months now. She has not been a prepper in the past but with me loosing my job I think that a little bit of this prepping has set in a little bit.
 A year ago we bought our new house. I had been listening to the show for about 4 months and decided to buy a 5 acre place instead of the 40 acre place that we wanted. It came down to the fact that we had paid off our bills had a rental that was cash flowing $190 per month. And I wanted to know that un-employeement if needed would cover are bill. Low and behold It happened. I tell you this only to let you know how tight our money is.
 So today my wife came to me with a box from amazon and said I know that it is early but something keeps telling me to give you your birthday present early. Inside this box was one of the recommended books by Jack "Family Preparedness Handbook" As I opened this she told me that she went to the website and found the it listed and got it for me. I have had this book for a couple of hours now and I do believe that she has been reading more than I have, which is GREAT!!!!
 Just a little closer to having another TSPer!!!!!!

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: My wife Rocks!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 11:20:46 PM »
This is so great! It sounds like you are a great match for each other. You can do so much with a 5 acre place. Please keep up posted on your progress.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 11:47:10 PM »
Nice!

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • New Blue in the House
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:35:52 AM »
It's a great book - sounds like you are a lucky guy.  Happy early birthday. :D

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 08:20:06 PM »
Very cool.

Tell her to join the forum.

She'll get some instant karma from me. ;)

Offline Condition1

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 08:30:47 PM »
You can't  do better then to have a help mate on the same page as you...
I too was blessed with a wife that is dedicated to preparedness!
And you can't beat getting a good book as a gift!
Happy early B-Day

Offline thezoo

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Wherever You go, there You are!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 12:11:38 AM »
Thats absolutely awesome, a Man and wife working together as opposed to against each other, it is a beautiful thing, Im happy for you :)

Offline ore2u

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 01:01:57 AM »
This is so great! It sounds like you are a great match for each other. You can do so much with a 5 acre place. Please keep up posted on your progress.

We have been trying, our garden really sucked this last year. Every thing looked about half the size it should be and the corn ears were about 3 inches and really didnt have much on them for edibles but the chickens liked them. This year will be better.

We taught ourselves to can this year. We canned beans, peaches, pears, pickles, corn, blueberry syrup, and bunch of jam.

We have also raised several meat goats( and still have them) a few lambs(sold a few, butchered a few, and a few for sale.) raised a cow that is now almost ready for the freezer. A pig that has been butchered and the ham and bacon in the smoker as we speak.

And planted 27 fruit trees.

Prior to moving here neither one of us had ever grown or raised anything let alone butchered or canned it. But it has been a wonderful learning expeirence and I couldnt have done it with her help and dedication.
 I just dont know how she does it.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 07:25:57 AM »
Wow! You've made amazing progress in the short time. It won't be long before your homestead is really producing for you (27 trees!!!).

Congratulations to you both. (btw, maybe your wife should join the forum, too... there are lots of women on here as well as the guys. We even have a separate part of the forum more geared to interests of the women. Anyway... she'd be very welcome!).