Author Topic: After years of prepping and still going - by Victoria  (Read 155000 times)

Offline Stwood

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
Re: After years of prepping and still going - by Victoria
« Reply #600 on: September 13, 2017, 03:25:32 PM »
I also thought about buying a new trash can and fill that, leaving my tub usable.

That's what I would do in a situation that I did not already store water.

Metal trash cans are handy. I have two 30 gallon ones full of T paper. Yes, toilet paper. You can stack 75 rolls in one. Mouse proof, doesn't take up near the room if you leave them packaged up.  ;D
Up and coming Prepper (2-1/2 years in)

And yes, I'm a chick.  Though my last boss did say I have balls.  In a good way. (RitaRose 1945) 08/04/2016

Offline Victoria

• Survivalist Mentor
  • My Yorkie, Prissy
Re: After years of prepping and still going - by Victoria
« Reply #601 on: September 13, 2017, 04:00:20 PM »
I also thought about buying a new trash can and fill that, leaving my tub usable.
@Chad

Sure, get a big one, put in the bladder and you have water.

As I was working on this book a few minutes ago, I was reminded of plenty of water the Texas and Florida people living in town could have had if they had no water.  All they needed was a Kilcock key.  There is one in our car and I want you to have one, too.

It works this way:
Every large commercial building has a faucet outside on their building.  It may be covered or not.  No one can get that water running unless he/she has a Silcock key to unlock it.  Silcock keys are on Amazon for $6 to $10 dollars, buy one that has four sizes on it.  One of those sizes will fit the lock on the building faucet and turn on the water.  Gravity in the building will make the water come out even though power is off. 

Commercial buildings in the Florida Keys have water in them and no one has thought of that water.  A Silcock key would give them water out of every closed/damaged commercial building. 
Victoria in Texas