Author Topic: After years of prepping and still going - by Victoria  (Read 230433 times)

Offline Applejack

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: After years of prepping and still going - by Victoria
« Reply #630 on: March 19, 2018, 06:38:17 PM »
I will let you know when I am ready to buy anything else. So far it was the batteries, solar charger water bobs as I do have one already and the clock. Before I buy anything else I will contact you to let you know.
I have had a berkey now for several years and have about 10 of the 2 pack filters. I love it. The water is great tasting. Thought I would let people know that have not checked into this that though it is costly, it is money well spent.
Can't wait for your books to come out. Will be watching for it
Thank you so much
Applejack
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:56:45 PM by Applejack »

Offline Victoria

• Survivalist Mentor
  • My Yorkie, Prissy
« Reply #631 on: March 21, 2018, 03:25:59 PM »
I will let you know when I am ready to buy anything else. So far it was the batteries, solar charger water bobs as I do have one already and the clock. Before I buy anything else I will contact you to let you know.
I have had a berkey now for several years and have about 10 of the 2 pack filters. I love it. The water is great tasting. Thought I would let people know that have not checked into this that though it is costly, it is money well spent.
Can't wait for your books to come out. Will be watching for it
Thank you so much
Applejack
@Applejack
@Carl
@Alan Georges
@chad
@LvsChant
@ALL

A family member is a graphic designer/artist and is makikng a website for me.  It should be up next week; then, I have to put articles on it.  There will be a blog section for the articles.  I will let you know how to get there but will keep writing here as Survival Podcast gave me the first way to communicate to an audience.  I give Survival Podcast a "Thank You" in the preface to the book.

Offline Applejack

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #632 on: March 21, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »
Thank you Victoria. I will be watching for your website. I learned a lot just from what I have read on this site even though it was older info, it gave me a lot to think about and to see about some things I will be needing that will help me as well.

Offline Victoria

• Survivalist Mentor
  • My Yorkie, Prissy
« Reply #633 on: March 21, 2018, 06:34:55 PM »
Thank you Victoria. I will be watching for your website. I learned a lot just from what I have read on this site even though it was older info, it gave me a lot to think about and to see about some things I will be needing that will help me as well.

Everything I wrote here about preparing is exactly what I do.  The articles here were written as I thought about this and that - the book is orderly, easy to find what you want.  It still doesn't have an Index but the publisher can get that done fast with a computer program to do that and it would take me a loooong time to do that as the book is like a reference book of 360 + pages, double spaced like agents/publishers want it, 12 font; and with the Index, should be close to 400 pages, unless they try to cram it together - I will insist on having a say on the size of the font - a book is useless if you have to read it with a magnifying glass.  There is also a Chapter for Seniors and their eyesight may not be good so I will not stand for tiny print.  Seniors need to live, too.  Did I mention I am 84?

Since I had to do solid thinking that four months it took to write it, writing every day and falling in bed exhausted every night, I was living it in my mind, reliving the many times going through hurricanes and tornados, living without power, and if, while researching for the book, I found a new way to do something, I put it in there.  I did put more information in the Medical Chapter.  It is really, really, really, long.

I felt compelled to write the book for others.  It is my effort to save God's creation - mankind when their lives are threatened.  There is no doubt I could have saved the eight elderly people in the Florida hurricane who died from heat in a nursing hone.  There is no doubt I had a way for all people in those hurricanes in Texas and Florida and Puerto Rico, to find good water in a town/city with no water.  Do you have a Silcock key?  If you don't know about this key, let me know and I will write about it here - I know it is somewhere in these articles on Survival Podcast.

I write here as Victoria.  My name is Marcella Derrick.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #634 on: March 22, 2018, 11:02:42 PM »
Sounds great, Victoria... (aka Marcella). Looking forward to hearing about the successes...

LC

Offline Victoria

• Survivalist Mentor
  • My Yorkie, Prissy
« Reply #635 on: April 22, 2018, 09:52:37 AM »
Sounds great, Victoria... (aka Marcella). Looking forward to hearing about the successes...
LC
@LvsChant
@ALL

I now have a website.  For all of you who want this book, please send me a message through the website, click on "CONTACT" and tell me you want the book.  When it is published, will send you a message it is available.  Your sending this message will also help me find an agent.  An agent will know there is a market for the book if many people sign up to buy the book.  Here is the name and link:

WRITING OF MARCELLA DERRICK
https://www.marcelladerrick.com/

Thank you for doing this.

Offline Applejack

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #636 on: April 25, 2018, 06:25:34 PM »
Marcella, I have sent you the e-mail for the book. Can't wait till it is published and I can get a copy. will be looking forward to reading it.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #637 on: April 25, 2018, 06:38:56 PM »
Nice website, Marcella...