Author Topic: Kahr Arms  (Read 2217 times)

Offline RootStrike

• Prepper
Kahr Arms
« on: February 03, 2011, 02:52:28 AM »
Didn't see this one on the list. I have ordered a few accessories from their site. I think their prices are a bit too high. I did have to contact customer support regarding a PM40 subcompact. That model has a nested spring (I think you call it that, the guide rod and spring are all together, rather than a separate rod and spring.)

What happened was that after firing a few hundred rounds, the metal plate that goes on the front of the guide rod/spring fell off. It still fired okay, but to be safe I ordered new part, and they sent me a whole new spring assembly, which has been working fine.

So overall I can say that Kahr rep seemed to be understanding, and he offered quick replacement parts. And man, that PM pistol is light, thin, and easy to hide. Packs quite a kick since it is so light, though. But it is accurate.

Offline chrisdfw

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Kahr Arms
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:11:45 AM »
I think they call that a captured spring. That is all I can contribute, I know nothing about Kahr, except some people seem to love them

Offline tmbrwolf

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »
Yes Kahr has great service, but  the prices are a little high (get what you pay for) my wife and I both carry Kahr's never any problems.

Offline RootStrike

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:28:20 AM »
Agreed, I would say prices higher than others, I mean, versus an M+P compact, for example, the PM40 was about $90-100 more. But it is likely for the lightness and compactness. Of note, by ordering through Bud's Gun Shop, they have really good prices, seems like for all sorts of firearms. Thank you for the clarification about the spring, so "captured" is what it is called. That looks like what a Glock 26/27 spring is like too, all one unit.

I was impressed by the quick responses to my inquiries, and the quick shipping of the replacement part from Kahr.

Offline patrat

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 05:35:18 PM »
Their stuff looks interesting, but I have never handled it (intentionally). I am currently satisfied with a Keltec PF-9 and want to stay that way.  ;)