Author Topic: successful hunting photos thread  (Read 81240 times)

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
Re: successful hunting photos thread
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2014, 06:35:11 PM »
That is totally fascinating to me trekker111. Thanks. We don't usually get gators around my neck of the woods.  ;)
Next time I make to Florida or somewhere I will have to go out of my way to find some to try.

Cedar

Offline GotCox

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2014, 11:04:58 PM »
Well done.  Good luck this year.  I'll be out there second season Rocky Mountain Elk.  We hunt around Ukiah.

Thanks and good luck to you also. We always take first season and hunt east of Mt. Hood. There are not huge herds and none of it is private farm raised elk. And that is why i love it so much. Wild elk, living on public lands. I really need to fill the freezer so i am hoping for good luck.

nelson96

« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2014, 08:15:44 AM »
Thanks and good luck to you also. We always take first season and hunt east of Mt. Hood. There are not huge herds and none of it is private farm raised elk. And that is why i love it so much. Wild elk, living on public lands. I really need to fill the freezer so i am hoping for good luck.

I'm not aware of ANY 'high fence' (private farm raised) hunting of elk in this State.  Maybe that was your point, this is a great State with enormous amounts of public access to hunt.

Offline GotCox

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2014, 08:56:39 AM »
I'm not aware of ANY 'high fence' (private farm raised) hunting of elk in this State.  Maybe that was your point, this is a great State with enormous amounts of public access to hunt.

Yep that is my point. I see how hunting in texas and arizona has changed and i do not want that here. Public lands for everyone to use and share is much better than paying for or begging a land owner for use of his property.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2014, 08:58:23 AM »

I think there may be one over in Sisters.

Cedar

nelson96

« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2014, 09:00:45 AM »
I think there may be one over in Sisters.

Raised for meat, but not for "hunting".

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »

nelson96

« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2014, 09:19:53 AM »
I still like driving to their fence when I am over there and watching their breeder bulls.
OH no.. http://www.nuggetnews.com/print.asp?ArticleID=16365&SectionID=5&SubSectionID=5
http://www.nuggetnews.com/main.asp?SectionID=5&SubSectionID=5&ArticleID=3240&TM=44517.9

Cedar

Another example of undocumented reasons to require extreme solutions that aren't solutions at all.

Offline GotCox

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2014, 12:06:17 AM »
I still like driving to their fence when I am over there and watching their breeder bulls.
OH no.. http://www.nuggetnews.com/print.asp?ArticleID=16365&SectionID=5&SubSectionID=5
http://www.nuggetnews.com/main.asp?SectionID=5&SubSectionID=5&ArticleID=3240&TM=44517.9

Cedar

Sometimes i hate Oregon because of this type of stuff. Slowly Oregon is turning to the wrong direction. Hunting is being limited, off road access is being limited, now even the Oregon Dunes is closing down beaches to off road recreation. I love this state and the land here, but i see it slowly slipping into a place i don't want to live driven by the herds of metro sexuals and hypsters in portland.

nelson96

« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2014, 12:18:41 AM »
off road access is being limited

This is one thing the selfish hunter in me likes  ;D

But I do get your point and usually no good comes it for the common taxpayer.

Offline ID_Joker

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2014, 10:49:08 AM »
Deer tag #1 filled yesterday.  Unfortunately, forgot to bring the camera.  Stayed up last processing last night.  Still have to grind and make jerky this afternoon.  Then back out tomorrow to see if I can fill tag #2 or the elk tag!   ;D

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »
Sometimes i hate Oregon because of this type of stuff. Slowly Oregon is turning to the wrong direction. Hunting is being limited, off road access is being limited, now even the Oregon Dunes is closing down beaches to off road recreation. I love this state and the land here, but i see it slowly slipping into a place i don't want to live driven by the herds of metro sexuals and hypsters in portland.

You sure about that? 

"Siuslaw National Forest officials are closing in on a decision to designate new trails and open more than 500 acres for motorized vehicle access in the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, two decades after a management plan was set in motion."
http://theworldlink.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/rezoning-decision-coming-to-oregon-dunes/article_6b0bd9a0-32f1-11e4-b6d1-001a4bcf887a.html

Cedar

nelson96

« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2014, 11:26:39 AM »
You sure about that? 

"Siuslaw National Forest officials are closing in on a decision to designate new trails and open more than 500 acres for motorized vehicle access in the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, two decades after a management plan was set in motion."
http://theworldlink.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/rezoning-decision-coming-to-oregon-dunes/article_6b0bd9a0-32f1-11e4-b6d1-001a4bcf887a.html

Cedar

I've not hunted the dunes but do a lot of ATV recreation and have not seen any issues of limited access.  I wouldn't be surprised that their are groups out there that want to close off sections to protect birds and plant life, but the typical recreation areas I use (Florence, Winchester Bay, and Coos Bay) have been left wide open for all the years I have used them.  This is a huge industry that brings in a lot of dollars for the State and local communities.  They won't jeopardize that.

Florence
Winchester Bay
Coos Bay

Offline ID_Joker

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2014, 06:33:55 AM »
Freezer filling up...

Offline LibertyBelle

• Munches with goats...
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2014, 06:17:37 PM »
Freezer filling up...

Nice! Looks like someone is having back strap for dinner tonight...  :) 

Offline ID_Joker

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2014, 08:27:39 PM »
Got my elk this weekend, so I'm gone for the year.  2 deer and one elk.  Freezer is brimming!

nelson96

« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »
That's awesome, congrats.

Offline statesofmind

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »
A rare sight indeed....  antlered doe bagged here in Maine.  Follow the link below to the story.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/11/09/outdoors/hunter-in-sebec-bags-rare-8-point-doe/?ref=search

Offline Moonvalleyprepper

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2014, 10:37:41 AM »
I got this doe in early October after 5hrs of searching we finally found her. Solid shot but no blood trail, luckily we had some experiences trackers on the case. She appears to have been shot previously with a graze in the neck, and she had a club foot. Glad this is the one I got, not sure she would have made it through winter.

I took another one about 2 weeks later at a different location, phone was dead so I didn't get any pics :( Still got 3 tags left and will hopefully be able to get my first buck this year.  ;D

Offline SelfSufficientPath

• Prepper
  • selfsufficientpath.com
    • Self Sufficient Path
« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2014, 11:02:30 AM »
Last year's harvest.

Offline mikeWI

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2016, 08:41:05 AM »
October 2015 Public Land Buck

Offline DWESmith

• Prepper
  • GSD at my own pace.
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2016, 10:56:11 PM »
Last years mule deer.

Offline ZackSurvival

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2018, 06:29:31 PM »
Great photos everyone, i hope i can go to hunt this year and take publish some photos of the prizes