Author Topic: Sorbant Systems order. Mild rant?  (Read 2957 times)

Offline BM21

• Prepper
Sorbant Systems order. Mild rant?
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:52:36 AM »
So I was about to order some bags and O2 absorbers from Sorbant Systems. This was to be my first interaction with them.

I've been to their web site before and found it to be very poorly designed. So, I thought I'll give them a call and handle my order personally.

Once I reached an operator, I was told that a phone order would cost me an additional $10!!  "Pardon, I don't understand". Yes sir, it will be an additional $10 for a phone order. "Thank you, I will take my order elsewhere."

Please be aware of this if you choose to place a phone order. They do seem to have the best prices, and so guess what....    ::)

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
Re: Sorbant Systems order. Mild rant?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:07:57 AM »
You should post this in the "Industry Reviews" section. It's good information to know ahead of time before ordering from them.

Offline Roknrandy

• He That Rocks:Viewer Discretion is Advised
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Master Spammer Obliterator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »
lots of places are doing this now, they don't want to pay for customer service reps

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »
They also add on additional fees when shipping, I found out after I received my order from them. The fees listed on their site are not necessarily correct...

Offline Cranemech

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »
Evening,
  I ordered some of the pre-made quart size bags from them. I ordered them on 5/16 and they were on the doorstep today (5/20). I am in northern Kalifornia.  I too had read some of the concerns/complaints on customer service/slow shipping issues but since I wasn't in a big hurry for them I decided to order from them. Next time I will order a larger size, probably the gallon size.  My plan was to vac pack whole bags of flour and sugar but the quart bags are too small, they will well for hamburger, cheese, batteries, etc.

Chad

Offline Cranemech

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 05:38:21 PM »
Afternoon All,
  The quart bags that I received work well in my Foodsaver V3420. The only complaint that I have is that after extended usage (approx. 30 mins) the bags don't vacuum down completely. I tried a Foodsaver bag to try to determine if the issue is the machine or the bags. The Foodsaver bags still vacuumed completely. After extended usage I think the sealing bar is hot enough that the residual heat is enough to start the sealing process on the Sorbentsystem bags before a complete vacuum is achieved. After letting the sealingbar cool off, the bags work fine.  I am trying to catch up on my sealing so am using the machine for longer periods than I otherwise would. Overall I am happy with the product/Company and am looking at ordering mylar and O2 absorbers in the near future. 
  Hope this helps someone.
  Chad