Author Topic: Experience with BulkAmmo  (Read 12310 times)

Offline Gif

• Prepper
Experience with BulkAmmo
« on: February 17, 2011, 05:23:20 AM »
Positive:  Ordered 2 cases of ammo on 2/14 (evening).  Shipment arrived on 2/16!  Now that's fast shipping!  Very comparable prices to other ammo vendors, but shipping was cheaper, making the overall price cheaper than others I could find. 

Negative:  Ammo was only in original box with all sorts of markings on the outside "1000 rounds ammuntion", "9mm", etc.  Anyone walking by my door (townhouse) would know what was sitting there.  Not only was there a couple thousand rounds of ammo sitting there, but now others may know there are guns in the house when I'm at work all day...  When ordering from other vendors, they would put the box inside of another unmarked box.  This is the way to go.

When I added the ammo can and code (to make it free), it increased my shipping by $10...so the ammo can wasn't free because my shipping went up.  I did not get the ammo can because of this.  This may be different in other areas...check this before you order!!

Overall positive experience.  I will likely order from BulkAmmo in the future if their prices are better than others. 

Offline BulkAmmo.com

• Survivor
    • BulkAmmo
Re: Experience with BulkAmmo
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:33:18 AM »
I'm sorry you had an issue with the packing of the ammunition. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am looking into why that order went out without being boxed in a plain box.

If you have any issues please contact us at customerservice@bulkammo.com.

Thank you for your order.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:57:24 AM »
We had the same experience as far as the box marking is concerned. All of the boxes were in the factory boxes with the contents prominently displayed on the outside of the box. We placed a large order of several different calibers and 3 of the 4 boxes had been dropped by the delivery folks. We are working with your customer service to see about the issue of the damaged rounds. So far, so good. I emailed photos of the damages, so we'll be corresponding about it.

I really do think you might want to look at extra packaging for those 1000 round orders, though.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:57:26 PM »
Follow up comment:

Just wanted to give a rousing thumbs up on how my issue was handled by BulkAmmo. Apparently, it is standard procedure to send the 1000 round cases in the original factory packaging. So, if you do not wish to have the contents visible on the packaging, you must request that before they ship to you.

As far as damaged deliveries, they use either FedEx or UPS and typically have no issues with damaged goods on arrival. In some areas, one or the other carrier will have an issue (maybe even just with a particularly careless driver -- who knows). After getting four dropped cases from the UPS delivery, they re-shipped the case that actually had damaged rounds inside via FedEx. It arrived in perfect condition and in a very timely fashion.

They were courteous to deal with and good about their communication. I have to say I highly recommend you deal with Bulkammo on your preps for defense.

LvsChant.

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:17:22 PM »
I just placed my first order with them.
The early bird gets the worm.....But the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline Fyrsprite

• Survivor
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 02:15:09 PM »
Just had a great experience with them.  I ordered yesterday morning, received ammo today.  It was packaged well, inside a plain box with plenty of paper cushioning. 

Very happy customer here.   ;D

Offline SaltyHobbit

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 03:39:36 PM »
Had a great experience with them. Ordered a thousand and the only issue was with Fedex. The delivery guy said it was delivered and it was not. Called customer service a day after the stated delivery date and the rounds were at the house within 2 hours. I will be ordering more when funds permit.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows the triumph of high achievements; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. Teddy Roosevelt

What we do in life echo's through eternity

ALL GAVE SOME-----SOME GAVE ALL never forget the men and women of your armed services who sacrificed for our great country!

Offline BulkAmmo.com

• Survivor
    • BulkAmmo
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 01:49:28 PM »
Thank you for sharing your positive reviews!

Offline SteveandTracyinKY

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Survival Chef
    • The Hen House
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »
So what is the deal with the ammo can? Do you have to pay an extra $10 in shipping or was that a mistake? that would really mitigate the "free" part.
SwagBucks This program will let you get Amazon gift cards free, just for using their search engine. I paid for my X-mas with it!

"The Hen House"

Offline BeachPete

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »
Thanks for a great transaction.  I placed the order on Friday evening and it shipped Monday, arrived Wednesday.

I shipped my for pickup at our local UPS customer center so it wouldn't be sitting on the doorstep all day.  I called BulkAmmo to confirm this and they were very helpful making sure it was shipped properly.

I found that if you're buying ammo, it's easier to just to ship it for pick it up at the UPS/Fed Ex place.

Offline RidgebackDad

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Virtual Monkey Wrench
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 07:59:35 PM »
Referred a friend to Bulkammo.com and he had nothing but GREAT things to say about them; so I decided I needed to put my money where my mouth was and ordered some myself yesterday!

Offline conservative01

• Survivor
  • Remember, you create your own anxiety.
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 12:56:19 PM »
Just wanted to say I got great service. I placed an order on the 14th and got it 4 days later and the tsp discount was a nice touch.
Thanks
At the top Of every EDC list
1. Situational Awareness
2. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities

Offline ncjeeper

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 06:24:56 PM »
I ordered again from them acouple of months ago. No issues.

Offline ncjeeper

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »
Ordered from them again. No issues.

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
Ordered with them recently, no issues.  Shipped promptly.
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they've tried everything else"
-Winston Churchill

"You think health care is expensive now? Wait until its free!"
-P.J. O'Rourke

"Is it dangerous to enter the Forum?"
-Seneca

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 10:11:28 PM »
Nice option to ship in an unmarked container -picked up a few needed items.  It arrived nice and fast...
Brad(bn4) - In Colorado

Offline ncjeeper

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »
Nice option to ship in an unmarked container
Yeah I like that option. Now the fed ex guy doesnt know what Im getting. ;)

Offline stry67

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »
Have placed a couple orders recently and like the others, good expierence over-all. I really appreciate that my orders got procesed quickly as the strongest plus for this company.

Offline Saint-TyR

• Survivor
    • Ruby Lane Farm
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 09:57:26 AM »
All I can say is AWESOME service and turn around time. We order a large order on Wednesday at 3pm and it hit our door step Saturday in the AM with Thanksgiving in the middle. I have used two other online ammo dealers and I have to say good bye to them and HELLO to Bulkammo!

Stay Safe!
"Don't give up the ship!"               "Live Free or Die"

KC1AXB

Offline ncjeeper

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 11:19:27 AM »
Just had another problem free dealing with them. They are my first choice for mail order ammo.

Offline PrepperJim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Prepping Means Resiliency and Redundancy
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »
Just had another problem free dealing with them. They are my first choice for mail order ammo.

Same here. They have the inventory that is on their site and ship fast.

Thanks to them, I am at stocking levels on all my calibers of choice.
Member Support Brigade Canceled

Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it.

Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 02:22:02 PM »

I agree. Just had 4 cases delivered yesterday, on time, and intact. I don't bother looking anywhere else. I'd like to see case lots of .44, though, instead of 20s and 50s.
23:57:30

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2017, 09:53:36 PM »
I just checked my order history and counted up a total of 21 separate orders, with 16 of those being in the last 12 months.  And I couldn't be happier with their service.

Every single order, typically averaging around 3-4k rounds, has arrived in absolutely pristine condition.  I always get the shipments overboxed (which for thirty-some cents is a no-brainer) and the OEM cases inside arrive in perfect condition every single time.  FedEx is a couple bucks cheaper than UPS for me and it has never taken more than a week to receive my purchases.  I usually order on Tuesday nights, when I get the sale email, and often get part of the shipment a couple days early over the weekend, with the remainder arriving Monday or Tuesday.

I've only got just a few more months before California shuts the door on these purchases, but I've been super pleased with BulkAmmo's service while I could still get it.  Really a great company to work with.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:23:26 AM by FreeLancer »

Offline jerseyboy

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Garden State Prepper
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2017, 10:43:44 PM »
And I thought New Jersey was bad.  Good luck under the new rules.

I also like the over pack which is ridiculously cheap.

They also just had 1000x 5.56mm for under $300.

Jerseyboy

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2017, 11:34:17 PM »

I remember paying $4.99 for the 20 round AE boxes at Walmart and thinking .223 would never be cost effective to reload.

FreeLancer are you storing that all I'm a central location? 
I have not kept up with firearms/training/ammo, focused more on energy, medical and comms for the last few years.

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2017, 12:22:23 AM »

FreeLancer are you storing that all I'm a central location? 

Not all of it.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 07:50:23 AM »
Not all of it.

Next question:

Can you legally sell that ammo in your state?

I view it as an asset, the increase in value, more so due to your local laws. However if you fall on hard times in the distant future, can you trade for cash and buy a new kidney or whatever?

I'm not an attorney, but if you really spent that much money, perhaps creating some legal entity that owns the ammo might be prudent?

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2017, 08:14:55 AM »
Might be worth looking into, but I'm pretty sure I'd legally need to background check anybody I transfer my ammo to, whether I make money off the deal or not.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2017, 09:16:08 AM »
Might be worth looking into, but I'm pretty sure I'd legally need to background check anybody I transfer my ammo to, whether I make money off the deal or not.

My state recently ended private party (Face to face) sales.  So now I can't trade a lawn mower for a deer rifle in a parking lot.  Instead we drive to an FFL and pay $25-50 for the privilege.  Matters not if we both have CCW permits, etc.  The workaround is to create a legal entity, like a living trust, s-corp, etc.  Very similar to NFA folks who want to streamline their stuff.

Again, I'm not an attorney, but if you have $20-30K in guns/ammo, consider spending up to $1500 for durable legal protection (if you die can your wife legally possess it in CA?).

Offline blacktalon606

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 02:36:55 PM »
I truly don't understand the desire to live behind the wire in kalifornistan.