Author Topic: Experience with BulkAmmo  (Read 18470 times)

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Experience with BulkAmmo
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2017, 02:56:04 PM »
As of now there's no problem with family inheritance of firearms, but if that changes I'd certainly look into it.

I'm not sure about my need for streamlining resale of weapons and ammo because I pretty much have a buy and hold policy.  I don't foresee the need to sell or barter short of WROL catastrophe, in which case I'll have more pressing concerns.

If it makes sense from an insurance perspective, that might motivate me, because I'm definitely flying bare for the most part now.

I truly don't understand the desire to live behind the wire in kalifornistan.

I didn't either. 

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2017, 03:25:55 PM »
While my politics towards guns remains firm, I'm not as passionate in the hobby as I once was.  It's an important prep and something I will keep current like anything else, but I can envision a time and/or situation where I might liquidate all but the essential.  Recent events have suggested I might be better positioned with more liquidate assets.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 03:38:34 PM »
Recent events have suggested I might be better positioned with more liquidate assets.

Definitely.

It rarely makes sense to go into debt, or rob the emergency fund, to buy extra guns and ammo.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2017, 11:46:23 PM »
I received my last shipment from BulkAmmo direct to my home address today, albeit several days later than scheduled due to weather and X-mas. 

Fortunately, and unanticipated on my part, the online bulk purchase window is not totally closed at BA for us CA buyers, we just have to have the ammo shipped to a licensed dealer and pay them a handling fee.  I did a dry run order tonight on their site and it listed two local dealers who have entered into an agreement with BA to accept shipments on their customers behalf, for a a handling fee of $20 - $25.  Maybe after I've dealt with my existing purchases I'll give it a go and see what the overall cost is.

Weird thing about California and gun laws is that the outside manufacturers wind up doing a lot of legal leg work and figure out how they can continue selling us stuff within the letter of the new laws.  Every single time the market looks for a loophole and manages to keep making money in Cali.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2017, 03:26:55 PM »
Interesting, isn't it? The free market still finds a way :)

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 03:54:46 PM »
I recently got a case of 9mm NATO from Bulk Ammo. Fast, discreet and affordable as always.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2017, 08:42:28 PM »
Interesting, isn't it? The free market still finds a way :)

Yep.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2018, 06:40:34 PM »
Fortunately, and unanticipated on my part, the online bulk purchase window is not totally closed at BA for us CA buyers, we just have to have the ammo shipped to a licensed dealer and pay them a handling fee.  I did a dry run order tonight on their site and it listed two local dealers who have entered into an agreement with BA to accept shipments on their customers behalf, for a a handling fee of $20 - $25.  Maybe after I've dealt with my existing purchases I'll give it a go and see what the overall cost is.

I decided to brave a BulkAmmo purchase tonight and was pleasantly surprised to find they had a new shipping link to an FFL just a couple miles from me who lists a $0 handling fee.  After hitting the buy button, BulkAmmo asked me to upload a photo of my FOID/Permit for verification.  Not sure exactly what that was, I googled the term and surmised that my CCW would probably qualify.  I'm guessing Californians without a CCW (most Californians, unfortunately) would upload a copy of their Firearm Safety Certificate, but I'm not sure.

We'll see how this goes......

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2018, 05:07:13 PM »
Turns out that FOID thing wasn't required and they've already shipped the order.  That's why you shouldn't operate a web browser while on NyQuil.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2018, 08:52:11 AM »
Turns out that FOID thing wasn't required and they've already shipped the order.  That's why you shouldn't operate a web browser while on NyQuil.

while you were ordering, did you order me a case like i asked? ;)

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2018, 09:31:52 PM »
I finally picked up the shipment at the gun shop yesterday.  I'd forgotten about it and figured the shop would contact me by email once it had arrived from BulkAmmo, but they didn't have any of that information and had to call BulkAmmo to get my phone number, which was my home phone and sat on voicemail for a few days before anybody noticed.

The biggest unknown was the local shop had to charge me CA sales tax on my order, since BulkAmmo doesn't do it.  So even though the shop didn't charge me a handling fee, I was still out a good chunk of change.  The other downside was the inability to load the cases into the vehicle in a discrete fashion.  Not really thrilled that everyone in the shop was commenting on the order, especially in that sketchy part of town.