Author Topic: In Gold We Trust  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Woody Borghini

• Survivor
In Gold We Trust
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:43:10 PM »
Hey there.

I don't know if this is appropriate, but my buddy has a website: http://www.in-gold-we-trust.info/

I'm not trying to sell anything, but I thought some of us visiting his site would be mutually beneficial. He is a knowledgeable dude in regards to precious metals, currency, etc.

Thanks for the consideration.

-Woody

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
Re: In Gold We Trust
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:05:27 PM »
The site looks pretty cool overall. The only thing that bothered me is the idea of creating an on-line portfolio of what I own. Ain't goina' happen.

His value calculator is cool, but I have already developed an Excel spreadsheet that does the same thing. All I have to do is enter the current spot prices. I am so OCD that I even do it for copper and nickel.

Regardless of how it sounds, I am not being critical. I agree with most of his advice and the value and content calculators are a great tool for those less inclined to research various coin metal content and go to the extent I have.

Thanks for posting. Certainly a useful site, especially for someone just getting started in PMs.

Offline Woody Borghini

• Survivor
Re: In Gold We Trust
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:45:02 PM »
The site looks pretty cool overall. The only thing that bothered me is the idea of creating an on-line portfolio of what I own. Ain't goina' happen.

His value calculator is cool, but I have already developed an Excel spreadsheet that does the same thing. All I have to do is enter the current spot prices. I am so OCD that I even do it for copper and nickel.

Regardless of how it sounds, I am not being critical. I agree with most of his advice and the value and content calculators are a great tool for those less inclined to research various coin metal content and go to the extent I have.

Thanks for posting. Certainly a useful site, especially for someone just getting started in PMs.

No. I feel ya. It does seem to be geared toward beginners (which I certainly am, in the PM arena.)
I think that most people he and I are in contact with are (non-derogatory) sheeple. I forget the audience here on the forum. In fact, I really have to get him on here.

Thanks for checking it out, anyway.

-Woody