Author Topic: Discovered a place in San Antonio  (Read 4244 times)

Offline Fat_Man

• Prepper
  • Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
Discovered a place in San Antonio
« on: February 27, 2011, 07:29:20 PM »
I don't normally post but I found this place in San Antonio that is like a Walton Feed outlet. They have tons of dehydrated food and prepper supplies. They are called Breaking Bread The Healthy Way. I never would have found this place if my wife and I hadn't decided to try and make bread from scratch. We needed dough enhancer and this was the only place we could find locally that had it.
On a side note. We had just came from the LDS Cannery and the gentleman running the place told us they had increased business 4x in the last 3 months. They were running out of stuff. The clerk we saw at the bread place said she had never seen it so busy. Then I get a Mountain House email saying they are having trouble getting #10 cans. Weird stuff in the air people. I am glad I have been prepping for a couple of years instead of just starting out.   

www.bbthw.weebly.com

Offline NotoriousAPP

• Senior Survivalist
Re: Discovered a place in San Antonio
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 08:22:51 PM »
That's good to know.  Thanks for the info.  I called the LDS food center in Austin and they're also out of a lot of items both in bulk and #10 cans.   Also of note, the LDS in Austin does not can at their facility but they will loan you canning equipment if they have it there.

Offline frugalcountrymom

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:09:11 AM »
Heard of the place but havent gone yet I guess I really need to try it. How did the LDS Cannery work out for y'all? Did you go in a group or by yourself?

Offline NotoriousAPP

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 05:39:29 AM »
I went to the Austin LDS by myself.  The one in Austin isn't an active cannery although they do have canners to loan to people, you juat have to put your name on the waiting list.  They also have mylar bags and 02 absorbers if you want to bag your purchase.   There was a limited supply of food already canned in #10 cans, just the essentials really and they were out of some of them.  They also mentioned that they've been extremely busy.  There was a lady there who bought 2 palettes of #10 cans!