Author Topic: Free veggie/fruit seed {MANY packets full}  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Ohio Woman

• Survivor
Free veggie/fruit seed {MANY packets full}
« on: March 09, 2011, 05:51:43 AM »
While covering the Mother Earth News Fair last August for some of my video clips, I was generously given a large amount of Organic Sugar baby watermelon seed packets & baby pam pie pumpkin seed {High Mowing seed company}. I also have about 5 packets of Henderson's Pink Ponderosa tomato seed {from Urban gardens}.
I had a giveaway on my blog for the seeds but few entered. All are packed for 2011.

So there are enough for about 50 people to have both {one of each} high mowing seeds & 5 people for the tomato.
If you would like these seeds, let me know here. I will PM you the address to send a SASE for me to send back with the seeds.

The high Mowing seeds were courtesy of Storey publlications.
First come basis. Once their gone/claimed for, I will make it known in this post.
Please take these seeds!  ;D
My darling girl, when will you understand that normal isn't necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Alice Hoffman

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
Re: Free veggie/fruit seed {MANY packets full}
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:59:28 AM »
That's very nice of you UnusualFarmChick!

+1

Offline Ohio Woman

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 12:16:21 PM »
No problem.. Just hope people can put them to use and/or share 'em. Who knows, maybe someone can grow them & use them for a front yard produce stand to make a few extra bucks
{OR let the kids do it since the po-po seem to be busting up all the lemonade stands for illegal selling of a "self produced" item without a license. :eyebrow:   lol  }
Oh, and I have ya down for the tomatoes- pm'ing ya now with the address to send a SASE.
My darling girl, when will you understand that normal isn't necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Alice Hoffman

Offline Ohio Woman

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »
Just an FYI~ The tomato seed is all claimed for.
Only the organic watermelon & pie pumpkin are left.

BUT, I do have from my own personal seed collection

• a little bit of Green Zebra tomato from Baker creek seed
     some Brandy wine tomato from heirloom burpee.
    about 100 or so Kentucky wonder pole bean seed
    about 15 Rattlesnake pole bean seed
    and about 8 green long eggplant seed
if anyone would want those.
I am cleaning out the seed box of things our family is not fond of or we just have too much variety of. {and to make room for the new items we are trying this year.
Just let me know in your pm what your interested in.

Offline Ohio Woman

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »
All beans are gone.

still have plenty of the
watermelon & Pumpkin
plus the tomatoes & eggplant
from my own seed box

Offline oktheniknow

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 10:12:15 PM »
Hi, would love to have some watermelon ones. Thanks!

Offline SECTER1

• Survivor
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 10:53:16 PM »
I will take some tomato seed if you still have..

Lionel

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're still waiting but we're READY!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 08:59:44 AM »
Had to come back and add +1 for you UFC.   (I think my post from yesterday morning got killed in the forum transfer). Thanks for doing this - appreciate your generous sharing.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my GOAT already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown

America will never be destroyed from outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed GOATS." Abraham  Lincoln

DEV being nice... sorta goes along with GOATS howling, babies bursting into tears, birds suddenly becoming silent, and an ominous greenish lighting spreading across the landscape...

Offline average_joe

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 10:18:23 AM »
Got your pm and i will get a Sase to you monday or tuesday.

Posted that on this thread yesterday. I think it was lost during the shut down.
Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road.    Voltaire

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 10:56:26 AM »
I received the Pink Ponderosa tomato seeds in the mail and though I thanked Unusual Farm Chick via PM, I wanted to do it here as well so that everyone in the forum could see how nice she is by highlighting her generosity officially.  ;D

Offline Acunurse

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 11:42:31 AM »
Well thank you, I can use one of each and whatever is left to divi up. My friend has a CSA for any extra you may have . Thanks .
Brenda

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're still waiting but we're READY!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 04:34:03 PM »
Well thank you, I can use one of each and whatever is left to divi up. My friend has a CSA for any extra you may have . Thanks .
Brenda
Hi Brenda we welcome you to the forum and I'm sure UFC will let you know about the seeds.  I just wanted to tell you to be sure to drop by the Intro Thread on the Front Porch and introduce yourself there. Glad to have you join us.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my GOAT already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown

America will never be destroyed from outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed GOATS." Abraham  Lincoln

DEV being nice... sorta goes along with GOATS howling, babies bursting into tears, birds suddenly becoming silent, and an ominous greenish lighting spreading across the landscape...

Offline Ohio Woman

• Survivor
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 11:52:23 AM »
First, Thank you for such kind comments. Truly sweet of you . ;) I hope I have PM'd everyone that requested through that route, so if you did not recieve a responce via that route, please send again. I have had alot going on in the online department of late and trying to juggle whos who can sometimes give way to a slip up.

Second, just a heads up for anyone popping in & not reading the entire first message
YOU are required to send a self stamped & addressed envelope {SASE} to the shipping address I provide in the PM response given when you PM me.  I would spend about $25 to send these out on my own  if I were to mail out these to 50 people. The cost of 2 stamps to you, in return for your choosing of variety in Garden seed from the list in the first half of this subject.
 I mean for this to spread to as many people as possible and not just someone take it all {despite my PLEASE take these seeds guys! lol. Sorry I will give 1 of each but not sending multiple amounts of same.}.
I appologize if the above comes off wrong. So imagine I'm saying it with a smile & laugh :)

AND, it makes me laugh you guys have shortened me to UFC...apparently
 its a name for some fighting group. {yeah, I dont watch much on the tellie}.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website maintenance services by Mr. Bill
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 11:21:03 AM »
RECOVERED POST LOST DURING MOVE TO NEW SERVER
UnusualFarmChick
April 3, 2011, 03:52:10 AM PDT

Lionel & oktheniknow, sending you a Pm. ;)

average_joe
April 3, 2011, 04:36:13 AM PDT

I would be interested in anything you guys have left. :)

UnusualFarmChick
April 3, 2011, 04:49:39 AM PDT

Hi Joe, I am PM'ing you- I will put aside 1 of all packets & a nice sampling from the opened ones listed from my seed box.

TwoBluesMama
April 3, 2011, 04:57:36 AM PDT

UFC This is one of the nicest things I've seen on TSP.  +1 and a big thanks for the generosity.

If you were one of the lucky ones who got the Rattlesnake bean seeds you will love them.  We are growing a bunch this year - great for eating as green beans and even better for letting dry.

UnusualFarmChick
April 3, 2011, 05:14:48 AM PDT

awww. Thank you TwoBluesMama. Really it's nothing. I am just happy more people can use them. I hope to do some more "footwork" and have future large amount giveaways like this one. Not promising anything but I am hopeful.
Thank you for your kind comment. Made me smile...

average_joe
April 3, 2011, 06:23:22 AM PDT

Thanks UFC, I'll get it in the mail Monday or Tuesday.

Aj

Please note that all PMs sent between Saturday 4/2/11 11:33 PM PDT and Sunday 4/3/11 4:14 PM PDT were lost during our move to a new hosting service.  Sorry about that.