Author Topic: Apple Cider Vinegar and its benefits to health.  (Read 2174 times)

Offline SteveandTracyinKY

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Survival Chef
    • The Hen House
Apple Cider Vinegar and its benefits to health.
« on: March 10, 2011, 03:22:26 PM »
On a recent visit to my local nutrition center, the owner talked to me about taking apple cider vinegar as a supplement. I purchased a small bottle she recommended and tried it out. Taste like crap. I can tell that it is doing something because of the increased urine output and overall better feeling especially with my digestion, but not sure or its extent as of yet.

The research I have done all leads back to a gentleman by the name of Paul Bragg and his daughter Patricia. The vinegar I purchased is actually the Bragg brand. I understand also that it needs to be organic vinegar and contain something called "the mother" which is a specific enzyme or something to that nature, if its to be used as a supplement.

I have been told that it helps with: Diabetes, high-blood pressure, digestion issues including GERD, heartburn, hemorrhoids, skin health, muscle pain and cramps, weight loss, and purification and toxin removal from the blood. I have even read stories of people who were being treated with medication who have been able to correct the issue with vinegar and discontinue the meds.

I was just wanting to know if anyone else has any experience with this or knowledge.

Offline fire65

• BANNED FOR BEING RUDE TO FELLOW MEMBERS
  • Prepper
Re: Apple Cider Vinegar and its benefits to health.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »
 Been doing it for a cpl of years.  I take a tbl spoon in just enough water for a shot then wash it down.  I have a book on vinegar and garlic is how I got started.  Does it help, I have no idea, but I am never sick.

Offline Rorschach

• Survivor
  • ...sombody knows why. Somebody knows!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 05:04:03 PM »
It is also sold in capsules: http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=apple%20cider%20vinegar%20capsules.  This may solve your problem with the taste.

Mona Folds

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
Be careful not to over do it.  My friend learned that the hard way after she had been taking this supplement for years.  You should maintain the body's natural ph balance and this can be easy to do if you learn to eat what you crave (healthy foods of course).  One time I craved this stuff for a day and drank it straight - it was not even sour to me, but very refreshing.  Normally I can't stand to drink it or eat anything sour.

Offline sdcharger

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 03:20:02 PM »
I believe the Bragg brand is unflitered and unfiltered is supposed to be better for you.  Myself, I can't stomach the stuff daily, but my wife has one tablespoon per day in a glass of water.  She flavors it with stevia to make it more palatable.