Author Topic: Bernard von NotHaus (NORFED) Trial started Monday.  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
Bernard von NotHaus (NORFED) Trial started Monday.
« on: March 10, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »
It's expected to last through mid-April due to the number of witnesses subpoenaed. 75 to 80 witnesses are expected to testify. Keep a watch on this one because it will effect all Barter Currency as it is now. 

http://www.rogerhedgecock.com/blogs/MelindaW2009/blogid_4405.asp

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
Re: Bernard von NotHaus (NORFED) Trial started Monday.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 02:40:25 AM »
Update trial, day 1 (my comments in parentheses):

The prosecution served on the defense over 1.5 million pieces of discovery which would take an estimated 14 years to review. Unfair tactics to say the least. The prosecuting attorney admitted in open court some of the discovery was for cases other than the case against the defendant. (“Abuse of Process”? Sure looks like it to me.)

The prosecution's first witness, an FBI special agent, testified that the Liberty Dollar resembles and is confused with U.S. currency, and that the marketing of the Liberty Dollar was a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme. (as opposed to the FR ponzi scheme, right?)

The government rested its case after slightly more than two days of testimony at 12:25 p.m. on March 10.

The trial was recessed until March 14 to allow time for defense witnesses to arrive in North Carolina.

More to come.......

Offline Artos

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Ride life bareback
    • CPT Caveman's Cave
NC maker of alternative currency jailed for "domestic terrorism"
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 09:12:19 AM »
As far as I can see, all he did wrong was put dollar unique symbols on his rounds....idiot...

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20110319/NEWS01/110319006/1001/news/Liberty-Dollar-fake-currency-creator-convicted-federal-court?odyssey=nav|head

According to court documents, von NotHaus founded the National Organization for the Repeal of the Federal Reserve and Internal Revenue Code in Evansville, Ind., in 1998, and developed the Liberty Dollar. He touted the silver medallions as an inflation-proof alternative to official currency.

The coins were marked with the dollar sign, the words “dollar,” “USA,” “Liberty,” “Trust in God” (instead of “In God We Trust”) and other features associated with legitimate U.S. coins

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
Re: NC maker of alternative currency jailed for "domestic terrorism"
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 09:18:02 AM »
He should have known better than to use those symbols/words.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 11:38:13 AM »
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Bernard Von NotHaus. They basically gave him a life sentence (25 years for a 67 year old equals life) for his efforts to return America to value - one dollar at a time.

Update:

Man Convicted in North Carolina of Minting His Own Currency

Bernard von NotHaus was convicted by a federal jury in Statesville, North Carolina of making coins resembling and similar to United States coins; of issuing, passing, selling, and possessing Liberty Dollar coins; of issuing and passing Liberty Dollar coins intended for use as current money; and of conspiracy against the United States.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/news_blog/currency_031811

The rest of the story's here:

http://verbellum.wordpress.com/2011/03/20/death-of-liberty-and-her-dollar/

The move is now on to keep the seized rounds and all the precious metals from the NORFED raid. I don't think we'll ever see those again. That means everyone with NORFEDS will have straight up collector items and the prices on them will skyrocket. I have talked to many dealers and collectors who have never seen one. These are rare pieces that will only get rarer over time. Hold 'em if you've got 'em, buy if you can at a good price.

Hare of Caerbannog

Re: NC maker of alternative currency jailed for "domestic terrorism"
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 12:10:37 PM »
I know people likely get tired of seeing me make these same statements, but seriously think about your battles.

Before you walk into the lair of a dragon, take note of the bones littering the doorway.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 12:11:04 PM »
I just bought out all the $5 NORFEDs my guy in Michigan has. They're going fast and Ebay may not allow them to be sold anymore since the govt has declared them "counterfeit". The value has skyrocketed (as predicted) and will continue to go up as these have now become highly sought-after collector's items.

Get them while you can.