Author Topic: My wife is an ANT!!!! Pic heavy  (Read 45137 times)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Re: My wife is an ANT!!!! Pic heavy
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 02:27:33 PM »
SISTER WOLF   My total appologies to you. Being new I didn't know what I was doing and when I saw "I don't dig this" I clicked on it to see waht it was. I learned real quick what it was and that I had unintentionally given you a -1 SORRY  :-[  :'( so then I promptly went back and gave ya a +1 to offset. Sorry please don't string me up fer it.  DFK
Tell her BAILEY tell her go ahead PLEASE tell her I really ain't a bad person.

*dead*   :D :D :D  Oh for God's sake, I'm not offended that easily.  But heck, you're welcome to give me some +1s if you think it'd do your soul some good.  :)  Silly fat kid.

Also - just for future notice, if you give somebody a karma point (either a +1 or  -1) they cannot see who gave it to them.  So if you really hate something I said, feel free to dish out some negative karma.  It won't come back to bite you in the ass.  I promise.  Plus, karma doesn't do anything to the person you give it to (or take it away from).  It's just a novelty add-on for the forum.  I mean, look at Millerized.  He's got, like, minus a bazillion, and it hasn't shut him up any.  ;)

Offline Zombie Axe

• Survivor
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 07:12:49 PM »
Wow.. great job! Looks like it is gonna be a nice building!!!

Da Fat Kid

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 07:28:49 PM »
Sister   8) Thanks fer sparing me. Trust me ( scary I know) if someone says something I disagree wiff I have no problem speaking up. Normally I can do it fairly politely BUT sometimes "the bad man" comes out and he can be rather harsh at times.
Bailey just invited me to this site and although I am new and still trying to figure things out, so far I like it . DFK

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2009, 07:46:15 PM »
Man, that's nice... I wish I had more than a 1/4 acre.

gigaJack
Ditto...& I wish my wife new how to run the damn chainsaw... ;D

Da Fat Kid

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009, 07:56:39 PM »
Delta have you considered getting a saw that your lady can manage and teach her how to use it ?? You might be surprised and heck she may even show you up. And ya know sometimes when they get to play with the toys and see what can be done it makes it easier to get bigger better toys.
That works well for me. I borrowed a welder to build a feeder for the wife's goats and she liked the feeder so much she MADE me go buy my own welder DANG WHO AM I TO ARGUE !!! :o

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Posts REALLY REALLY ugly pictures...
    • Making A Homestead, One Day at a Time
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2009, 10:31:07 PM »
make sure to post pics of the finished product.  she has done a great job so far

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 10:34:40 PM »
Delta have you considered getting a saw that your lady can manage and teach her how to use it ?? You might be surprised and heck she may even show you up. And ya know sometimes when they get to play with the toys and see what can be done it makes it easier to get bigger better toys.
That works well for me. I borrowed a welder to build a feeder for the wife's goats and she liked the feeder so much she MADE me go buy my own welder DANG WHO AM I TO ARGUE !!! :o
LOL...hell no.  She already runs the whole house.  The only thing I have left is the outside stuff.  If I give her that stuff I'll be relegated to full time couch potato.... ;D

Da Fat Kid

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2009, 11:01:12 PM »
Delta  Be thankfull that she can run the house. My wife had a stroke and now she is able to wash dishes and laundry and that is about it. She has real problems with memory and it is not safe to let her do "dangeruos" things like cooking etc. And to top it off she is diabetic so I have to keep track of all of that and dose her insulin.
O what I would give to have a wife that could TRY to run the house.

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2009, 02:02:25 AM »

Since Diane MADE you buy a welder are ya gonna build us an arch for the quad?

Da Fat Kid

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 10:12:36 AM »
Well if you back in yer messages, I told ya to come up and we could build ya a real arch. We will need to come up with ATV tires wheels and then see what we will need for stub axles and bearings. But really how much GYPO loggin ya gonna be dooin ? It would be easier to make one to go in that ford since it is just sitting there doing nothing.

Pokethis

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2009, 02:47:05 PM »
Cool!  Awsome!

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2009, 03:03:29 PM »
Delta  Be thankfull that she can run the house. My wife had a stroke and now she is able to wash dishes and laundry and that is about it. She has real problems with memory and it is not safe to let her do "dangeruos" things like cooking etc. And to top it off she is diabetic so I have to keep track of all of that and dose her insulin.
O what I would give to have a wife that could TRY to run the house.
Dang man, sorry to hear of the troubles.  I count my blessings every day, believe me.  I have a great wife & I know it.

Da Fat Kid

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2009, 09:54:54 AM »
Thanks Delta  It is rough but we know we are blessed and very thank full. Because at least Diane knows what is going on around her is able to walk and talk. Eventhough she has trouble making the connection from brain to mouth to say what she means and sometimes she says some pretty funny things by mistake.  IT COULD BE ALOT WORSE !!!!! But @ 48 I do go through my times of thinking look what I have to look forward to the rest of my life.

Offline will slacker

• Prepper
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 12:09:44 PM »
AWSOME

134LRS

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2009, 06:24:15 PM »
Keep us updated on the progress, truly impressive!

Offline Brian Gallimore

• Prepper
  • Brian Gallimore
    • Brian's Website
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 08:02:56 PM »
nice project!  thanks for posting all the pics  (+1)

Debo

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2009, 07:51:31 PM »
America's Future.  Good on ya!

D.

Offline ElyasWolff

• Survivor
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2009, 09:15:53 PM »
Very nice!

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2009, 02:04:47 AM »
   So she has been back at it...

She finished the rafters and with a generous donation from a neighbor of tin, she was able to finish it.

Putting on the roof.

She broke my chalk line!!!lol

Almost finished...

Yeah she is Done!!!!! Now I just gotta fill it.

Offline ebonearth

• TSP Bunny Rabbit Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2009, 02:14:20 AM »
Wow! Awesome wife you have, you are truly blessed. It looks lovely, the rustic appearance of the posts really sets it apart. Great work!

Da Fat Kid

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2009, 10:37:10 AM »
Huge tip of the hat to yer bride. She did a very nice job! Maybe ya can take some lessons from her. lol
But do you mean to tell us that it is not going to be filled with "SHE WOOD" ? ha ha ha
If may offer a couple of suggestions. Before you put wood in get some pallets and put them on the ground under the wood this will keep the wood from sucking moisture up from the ground. Also when ya can ya might want to think about enclosing the back and ends this will keep rain/snow from being blown in on yer wood. Myself I would only leave a doorway at each end on the front. Then if you fill from one end to the other you can always get to yer driest older wood. It's kind of a rotation thing. I can post a pic if it makes it easier to understand.
GREAT JOB !!!!! wish my wife could even help me do things like that.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:47:12 AM by Da Fat Kid »

Bowieschewtoy

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2009, 11:01:48 AM »
Bailey's bride here ;D thanks for the nice comments.  Way ahead of you Dafatkid...............Im actually putting plastic down then gravel and then pallets and I wanted to enclose the sides at least but Bailey ;) thought it would't look right :-\

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Posts REALLY REALLY ugly pictures...
    • Making A Homestead, One Day at a Time
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2009, 11:42:07 AM »
Good Job! 

I would enclose the back and the sides, leaving the whole front open.  Functional like DaFatkid's suggestion, but maybe more aesthetically pleasing.   ;)

Da Fat Kid

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »
Chewtoy  Just remind Bailey who's project this is. If he wanted it different he should have made it himself ! lol Here is a foto of the wood shed I made out of my motorhome frame. I will fill from R to L then use from R to L and next year fill from L to R and use from L to R that way I can always get to the most seasoned wood. I made this all from salvaged material and when we get some dry warm weather I have 10 gallon of barn red paint for the wood shed and the barn. And yes the paint was free too so all I have in to this is $19.99 for the solar light and about 1 1/2 days of labor.

Offline TexSquirrel

• Survivor
  • Native Texan
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2009, 01:13:08 PM »
Looks great!

MightyRunt

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »
Nice, nice job!  Hope Bailey and Bowie appreciate that you're a keeper!

Offline Patriot:Ex Machina

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    • Patriot Gun & Gear
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2009, 12:26:14 PM »
Nifty wood shed.
Tell your wife "Bravo!" for me.
I wish my wife would take that kind of initiative.

Offline Citizen Zero

• Senior Survivalist
  • Rural Dweller
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 10:14:08 PM »
Probably a little late since I am brand new here. I did notice that the bark was left on the parts of the posts that are buried, this will afford some protection from insects and the like. Not sure where you are, but where I am in Western WA the local folks have had excellent luck with charring the outside of any posts that are going to be directly buried.

Beautiful woodshed! I wish my wife would take on projects like that around our property  :'(

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2009, 11:31:01 PM »
Probably a little late since I am brand new here. I did notice that the bark was left on the parts of the posts that are buried, this will afford some protection from insects and the like. Not sure where you are, but where I am in Western WA the local folks have had excellent luck with charring the outside of any posts that are going to be directly buried.

Beautiful woodshed! I wish my wife would take on projects like that around our property  :'(
    Thanks...I am a lucky man...

Offline The Wilderness

• The Patriarch of Lunatics
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
    • The Umbafa Chronicles
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2009, 11:56:01 PM »
Bailey's bride here ;D thanks for the nice comments.  Way ahead of you Dafatkid...............Im actually putting plastic down then gravel and then pallets and I wanted to enclose the sides at least but Bailey ;) thought it would't look right :-\

I had not checked this in a long time and just saw the completed project, WOW! that is very nice, you did a great job. I am very impressed.

Now that you have finished this project, what do you have in mind for your next one?

Looking at how well you did this one, I think you could do just about anything.

The Wilderness