Author Topic: wife hates husbands CWP  (Read 4662 times)

Offline buffalosoldier

• Prepper
Re: wife hates husbands CWP
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 08:42:21 PM »
Do you know everything in her purse? She doesn't need to know you are carrying. When you need a hanky and she has one, you are grateful and she will be grateful too if you ever pull your ccw when she needs it. Until then, no need to bother her with details.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.
Remember always, survival is more about heart than hardware.

Offline scrappy

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 11:54:15 PM »
@mamabear

Thanks for those tips.  I think the situation is resolved.  We will see.  About the emotional thinking part, for some time I have considered that but was worried others would think it was sexist.  So I didn't air that thought.  Now I feel it is ok to see it that way.

Good to hear.  Even if you've got it sorted out, I would encourage you to take her out to the range, get her to shoot something easy.  .22 revolver would be my recommendation.  You don't want stovepipe on an auto getting her frustrated.  You don't want a desert eagle kicking back and smacking her in the forhead.  Nice, light, simple.  She'll probably like it, and come to understand you position.

Offline Frank S.

• Prepper
    • Fortress Defense Consultants
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2011, 04:04:18 PM »
My suggestion (and please remember, I'm only an amateur psychologist):

Take her to dinner. A REALLY NICE dinner. With candles and flowers. Sit CLOSE TO HER. HOLD HER HAND WHILE YOU TALK. Listen to EVERYTHING she has to say about it, don't inturrupt, and when she is finished, simply say one thing: I carry my gun because I LOVE you, and I'm not about to let anyone take me away from you, or you away from me. Our lives and our love our worth defending.

If she still won't budge, well, I have to wonder if there isn't more going on than just the gun issue...but that's none of my business.
It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential. -Bruce Lee

Offline endurance

• Dances With Newfies
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 10:29:55 AM »
Last Saturday we had about 20 of our closest friends and relatives to the house so we could have a mellow little wedding.  After the ceremony we were over taking pictures with the horses and she put her arm around me and said, "really?"  I simply replied, "honey, every person who means anything to us is here with us today.  If something happened and I didn't have the tools to defend and protect these people, I'm not sure how I'd live with myself."  We went back to enjoying our blissful afternoon with family and friends.
"There are things that you don't question when your home always smells like baking bread."  From The Hunger Games

“No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”   James Madison

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 03:14:37 PM »
Last Saturday we had about 20 of our closest friends and relatives to the house so we could have a mellow little wedding.  After the ceremony we were over taking pictures with the horses and she put her arm around me and said, "really?"  I simply replied, "honey, every person who means anything to us is here with us today.  If something happened and I didn't have the tools to defend and protect these people, I'm not sure how I'd live with myself."  We went back to enjoying our blissful afternoon with family and friends.

Congratulations - not only was that the right answer - but I could not think of a a better reason to carry.
Brad(bn4) - In Colorado

Offline kiteflyer

• Dedicated Contributor
  • The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 03:36:23 PM »

The best thing to do is train her and let her carry the gun! I find women mostly with more sense than a man if a confrontation appears and if she feels  threaten she would defend you and family with a keener temperament.If it just you alone than you can carry while alone  and soon both would carry with the woman being the ace card in serious situations.

kiteflyer
It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams

Offline endurance

• Dances With Newfies
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »
The best thing to do is train her and let her carry the gun! I find women mostly with more sense than a man if a confrontation appears and if she feels  threaten she would defend you and family with a keener temperament.If it just you alone than you can carry while alone  and soon both would carry with the woman being the ace card in serious situations.

kiteflyer
Just had a serious boost in this department as now that the horses are on the property and she's starting to hear stories about bear, coyotes, and mountain lions in the area, she wants to know how to protect them.  Hopefully over the summer I'll be able to get out with her and the Marlin model 60 to start with and eventually put the AR into her hands.
"There are things that you don't question when your home always smells like baking bread."  From The Hunger Games

“No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”   James Madison

Offline donaldj

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Martial Tactical Training of Michigan
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2011, 11:49:29 AM »
In one of my martial arts classes, I was told a lesson.

A man asked his old and wise martial arts instructor what to do. He took 3 classes a week for 1.5 hrs each in martial arts.

His wife, who apparently felt it a waste of time and thought he wasnt helpimng out enough because he was away for this 4.5 hrs total, gave him the ultimatum of Martial Arts or Me.

The instructor thought for only a second and said "You must choose martial arts". The man, dumbfounded by such a callous answer, asked him to elaborate after he met him in private.

"A woman who will give you an ultimatum has already made up her mind anyways. An ultimatum over something so healthy and fulfilling is very unfair and unwise. Today it is martial arts you give up. In time, you will not have any interests as this process is repeated. So, if you love martial arts, allow her to do what she already plans to do."

I realize this is a bit over the top based on the current topic, but like so many have said, it is your duty to protect the family and yourself. If your wife thinks she can undermine or control that duty, she needs to be set straight. This isn't meant to sound sexist, but if she's not willing to take your sense of duty in the matter seriously, she needs reeducation in the matter.

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."     -Captain America

See my Examiner.com articles on Emergency Preparations: http://www.examiner.com/detroit-emergency-preparedness-in-detroit/donald-alley

See my Examiner.com articles on martial arts:  http://www.examiner.com/martial-arts-in-detroit/donald-alley