Author Topic: Currency Meltdown Coming  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
Currency Meltdown Coming
« on: March 16, 2011, 11:53:55 AM »
Martin Armstrong, former Chairman of Princeton Economics and an expert in the study of economic cycles says that the events in Japan and the Mid-East are not the main issue the world is facing and "We are on the verge of a currency meltdown this time...”

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/03/currency-meltdown-coming.html

Hold your gold and silver and make sure all your other preps are in place and ready. This guy knows what he's talking about.

Offline average_joe

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Currency Meltdown Coming
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:38:15 PM »
I think our economy has been running on fumes for awhile know.. Japan will being cashing out to rebuild. It will hit us pretty hard i think. They hold a bunch of our T- notes don't they?

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »
Yeah, but on the upside for you and me, it's also bringing silver and gold prices down a bit, so now's the time to buy. I'm waiting for this weekend and going to buy out the silver guy again. I think it's hit it's low and should be going back up. Watch the Asian Market on Kitco. When it starts evening out, it's ready to go up. The Japanese are cashing out everything in a panic (I don't really blame them, but I'd hold my PMs).

Now, if you have stocked food and everything you need to get through, you'll be ok.

Offline average_joe

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 09:05:41 PM »
Picked up some silver last weekend because I was uncertain of what would happen this week. Could have saved a few $$ if I had waited, but what can you do. Dollar cost averaging I'm OK. I've been really concentrating on food purchases as of late. Been buying heirloom seeds too.. I've been getting rid of FRN's and been buying tangible assets as quickly as possible. IMHO the only thing worse than FRN's are digital $$$$$'s..... ;)

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 02:24:09 AM »
Ok, silver's back on the rise again today, but it should really take off when and if the Japanese start to rebuild. Copper too. They'll need it for construction projects.

Seeds are always a good investment. Anything you can eat or eventually eat. With the currency problems, food will certainly be hit hard. Right now I have blueberries, blackberries, grapes...I'm looking at planting tomatoes and peppers...I have several farms close by that grow potatoes and we always get the culls. Man, one year we were getting 50 lb bags because they weren't up to "Lays Standards". So instead of just plowing them under, a few farmers took it upon themselves to let us locals take what we wanted. Jackpot! I live on a hunting club with deer, bears, boars...fishing is close by...I'll be fine here. Doesn't look like the house will sell anytime soon, so I'm going to just hunker down and ride it out. Hey at least I'm in a good place. Now to find a good hand pump for my well. Then if i manage to get enough saved, solar panels. Bottom line, I want to be completely independent at some point soon.

Offline Oakie

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 09:55:19 AM »
Good post!

Peter Shciff always has a realistic view of things as well.
http://www.youtube.com/user/schiffreport?blend=1&ob=4#p/a/u/0/4vz345JnZUo

Offline Mastoo

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 07:54:34 PM »
I filled my cart with Johnie Walker last week.  Not only does it seem like a good inflation hedge, but I'd expect the pols to further boost the sin taxes.  And then there is the whole "store what you use" philosophy...

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 01:31:16 AM »
I filled my cart with Johnie Walker last week.  Not only does it seem like a good inflation hedge, but I'd expect the pols to further boost the sin taxes.  And then there is the whole "store what you use" philosophy...
I guess I need to pick up some extra Crown Royal then. ;)

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »
I filled my cart with Johnie Walker last week....And then there is the whole "store what you use" philosophy...
We just stocked up a little. Jack Daniels for me, Baccardi for my wife, I mean for use as barter.

Offline Rustler3

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 10:22:35 PM »
Did any of you read Armstrong's full report?