Author Topic: Ruger 1022 Stock For Smaller Framed Woman  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Bubafat

• Survivalist Mentor
Ruger 1022 Stock For Smaller Framed Woman
« on: March 19, 2011, 08:23:47 PM »
My girlfriend enjoys shooting, but she's a small framed woman (5'0", 105ish pounds).  I'd like to surprise her with her own ruger 1022 for her birthday, but the stock is a bit too large.  Have any of you had experience with other stocks for a 1022?  Adjustable stocks?  I was looking at Tapco intrafuse T6 as a possibility.

Thanks

Offline phargolf

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Ruger 1022 Stock For Smaller Framed Woman
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 09:09:04 PM »
The Tapco intrafuse is fantastic. Has adjustable and canted (stock angles down if not using optics, so your eyes lineup with iron sights) stocks in the same set- so if you decide later to put in optics you can just change out the stock.

Offline Dan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • MSB Founding Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 01:18:37 AM »
Hogue makes a youth version of their OverMolded stocks with a 12” length of pull that may work for her.
It’s a little less tactical looking than the Tapco in case she’s not into that. I have the regular OverMolded stock and I really like it.

Volquartsen has some youth sized laminated wood stocks. Sorry, no length of pull listed and I couldn’t find anything but pink.

Ruger offers a youth sized version of the standard 10/22 stock. 11-1/4" length of pull.

Offline ChristineA

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 01:52:29 PM »
I put the regular hogue overmolded on my 10/22 and it is a bit on the big side. (and I'm 5' 4") 
But it works fine for me.  (I did have to build up the stock a bit to get a decent cheek weld.  I used really sexy foam pipe insulation and electric tape. LOL)

Easiest would be to just cut down the wood stock.  If you have some woodworking skills, you can make it look good and get it to fit exactly to her needs.