Author Topic: ShelfReliance delays in shipping  (Read 9394 times)

Offline kincaid

• Prepper
ShelfReliance delays in shipping
« on: March 22, 2011, 09:33:08 AM »
I've had good experience ordering from them in the past (always through The Survival Podcast link) but my latest order has been delayed for over two weeks. I placed an order on 3/6 and later in the week if was marked "Complete" in my account  but I did not receive the shipping confirmation. I checked my spam folder just in case but didn't have anything (and I received the order confirmation email without issue). I emailed them on 3/16 after not receiving anything and received an auto replay back saying they would get back to me within 3 business days. The next day I received another email saying they had high volume and it would be a few more days before I received a response (and if I called to please let them know so they could delete the email). I called on March 18th and was told they were backed up. There was some sort of issue with the software as well that was marking things complete before they shipped. I was told my order was ready to go and should be shipping out soon. It's now 3/22 and I have not received a shipping confirmation and my order is still marked "complete". I hope this is unusual but I am curious if others are having this issue?

Offline chrisdfw

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: ShelfReliance delays in shipping
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:13:17 AM »
everywhere I order food from seems to be having delays, shelf reliance is no exception.

It took three weeks to get my order from safecastle, two and half from honeyville grains, and its been 3 weeks with no end in sight
for a mountain house order from ready made resources.

The LDS (mormon) stores are out of stock on wheat and rice and on backorder.

I think you have to cut them some slack, this is the ammo crisis of 2008/2009 replayed with food.

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
everywhere I order food from seems to be having delays, shelf reliance is no exception.

I think you have to cut them some slack, this is the ammo crisis of 2008/2009 replayed with food.
I agree. I ordered some stuff from emergency essentials back on feb22. It just finally shipped a couple of days ago. Theres more demand than supply right now and businesses are doing there best to keep up.

Offline kincaid

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 12:09:35 PM »
I don't mind cutting good vendors some slack. My previous orders were fine, I just wish they had something about delays on their site or a notice when I was placing the order.

As of today there is still a banner on their home page that says "We're Ready Thrive Food Is In Stock" with the picture of a delivery man. It kind of gives the impression that things are going out quickly.

When I called last week I was told my order was ready to ship (and it hasn't). I know a lot of call centers try to get people off the phone as quickly as possible - I hope this wasn't the case.

The account notice still hasn't been changed, it still displays complete for this order. Just changing that and adding a note about delays could cut down on the call and email volume

Offline chrisdfw

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 12:39:21 PM »
I don't mind cutting good vendors some slack. My previous orders were fine, I just wish they had something about delays on their site or a notice when I was placing the order.

As of today there is still a banner on their home page that says "We're Ready Thrive Food Is In Stock" with the picture of a delivery man. It kind of gives the impression that things are going out quickly.

When I called last week I was told my order was ready to ship (and it hasn't). I know a lot of call centers try to get people off the phone as quickly as possible - I hope this wasn't the case.

The account notice still hasn't been changed, it still displays complete for this order. Just changing that and adding a note about delays could cut down on the call and email volume

I agree with that, they really ought to be clear if there are delays, and they certainly need to keep the order status correct. Its in their best interest long term to do so. It cuts down on calls.

Too many times people scramble to fill the orders and forget about the rest of customer service. I remember during the gun scare some compaonies stopped providing shipping notices. I think that is a mistake and a vital part of the customer experience.  This is even more exacerbated right now, because a lot of vendors are charging you for your order right away and then not shipping. I have decided I am not going to order if they want my money just to put me in an indefinite queue. I think taking the money just to be on the "waiting list" is an abusive business practice.

So while I am all for cutting a little slack, i also think that businesses need to think long and hard about how the treat customers right now,  because when this is over, customers will remember. I personally will not do business with some companies that misbehaved during the ammo shortage, and I will remember how businesses act now when buying in the future, abuse me now and I am no longer a customer.

Offline NickJ

• Prepper
  • NEVER pick you nose after harvesting pepper seeds!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 12:02:42 PM »
kincaid, I am in the same boat. I ordered on the 13. My order said complete for a while and yesterday it said processing but it showed shipped for the individual orders. I e-mailed them on the 21st and have not gotten a responce.
Guess I'll just be patient and give them some more time. I was planning to make the order before the SHTF in Japan but waited too long.

NickJ

Offline NickJ

• Prepper
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 08:14:28 AM »
Got my shipping notice yesterday!

NickJ

Offline kincaid

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 08:34:01 AM »
Just a follow up in case anyone else is waiting. I actually received the order on 3/25 (Friday) but just got the shipping notice this morning. So a little reversed but I am pleased with the order.

:)

Offline chrisdfw

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 10:50:31 AM »
Just a follow up in case anyone else is waiting. I actually received the order on 3/25 (Friday) but just got the shipping notice this morning. So a little reversed but I am pleased with the order.

:)

I've found that when vendors get swamped they sometimes focus on getting orders out over keeping people updated about their orders. They are actually trying to provide better service.

But, research has found people are actually OK with waiting in most cases as long as they are kept updated.

Wierd, but people just want to know what is going on more than they care about getting things as fast as possible.

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 05:28:25 PM »
Yep back ordered from the 6th of March - two parts for my self unit - can't continue assembling it until I receive the parts.

Auto e-mail response was it would take 2 weeks to respond to my question what's the hold up.

Brad

Offline mnotlyon

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 09:41:20 AM »
It took them almost a week just to find somebody I could place my order with. I ordered a shelf unit, and it's been over 2 weeks without shipment notification. I was gonna place a recurring order for food with them, but now I'm not so sure......

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 10:26:39 AM »
I'm a rep for Shelf Reliance and just got an e-mail that talked about the delays and the shipping notices.  They used to put "Complete" on the "Recent Orders" section as soon as the order was processed but not shipped.  They notified us that this has now been changed and orders will not be marked "Complete" until they are shipped.  They also said that sales double (again) last month and they are hiring people as fast as they can, thus the delays.  They say they still have the food stocks, it's the labor they can't hire and train fast enough.  Hope this helps.

Offline NickJ

• Prepper
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »
I received my order today. Ther are a number of food items that I was told had shipped but are now on backorder. The Lady I talked to stated that sales had increased 300% in the last three weeks.

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 02:08:18 PM »
What a pain - and what a joy - the pain part was getting all of the parts I needed to build the shelf they way I wanted it to be built.  The default configurations work quite well - however, if you are storing a lot of smaller cans you will have to do a bit of trail and error to achieve your goal of maximizing your storage. 

My final parts arrived this last week - so I am in the basement pantry moving food around and setting up the way I want it. 

The joy part will be using this setup...looking at getting maybe another one or two for my other pantry.  Most of the budget will be reserved to fill up this beast and to suppliant my bulk food storage items.   

Yep a bit of slow shipping - but from what I understand  - this month they had a 300% increase in orders.

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 10:53:15 PM »
I received my order today. Ther are a number of food items that I was told had shipped but are now on backorder. The Lady I talked to stated that sales had increased 300% in the last three weeks.

Here's a little inside info I got through SR-----  "Also, for those of you that are having problems with backorders or even inputing orders; Shelf Reliance is very aware and is working on it.  It isn't a problem of not being able to get the product because they had the forsight from the beginning to make sure they had a 3 month of nearly everything from the beginning.  They now have 2 additional warehouses for storage.  Right now the facility that they are in can not handle the production that is needed.  They are able to produce around 24,000 cans during a 24 hour period and that is why they have gone to around the clock production.  They need to be able to produce 30,000 cans per day so they are behind even though they have the product.  When they get moved into the new facility which is 3 times the size they are in, they will have the capacity to produce 50,000 cans per day.  They are hoping the facility is finished so they can move into it in May or June at the latest.  By friday a second server will be installed to help speed things up.  In addition, they know that since they have had to charge the taxes that has slowed things down also.  Be patient!  They are working hard to resolve the problems."  FYI

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »
Update... I placed an order through a party on 4/14 and it shipped today 4/19. Pretty fast, I'd say.

Offline Slomad

• Prepper
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 07:55:16 PM »
I placed an order on 4/12 for 15 #10 cans of assorted fruit, veggie, and egg goodness. I received an email advising that delays were in the 2-3 week range....and then they shipped on 4/15 and I received it today. Pretty quick!

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
It's good to hear that they're getting things out pretty quickly.

Offline Fyrsprite

• Survivor
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 06:15:52 AM »
This reminded me to check status on my order.  Ordered 4/12 and got the email about 2-3 week delays.  Mine was updated to shipped on the 18th and it's in transit. 

Yes, very good to hear that things are going more smoothly. 

Offline mnotlyon

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 08:01:11 AM »
Update:

Just over a month after my order, my shelves finally arrived. I was pretty upset to find that they took the money from my account a month before they shipped my product.
I found the instructions to be rather poor. They didn't match the unit that I bought. However, I'm happy with the shelves now that they are assembled and in place.

Offline ThriveConsultant

• Prepper
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 06:46:22 PM »
Everything is running much smoother now.  Orders shipping in a day or two!  SR will move into the new building this month  ;D

nkawtg

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 07:43:55 PM »
Don't know about food, but food rotation system got to us in less than a week.

Offline ThriveConsultant

• Prepper
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 07:17:29 PM »
Don't know about food, but food rotation system got to us in less than a week.
A couple fruits are on a short back order, but most ship within a day or two :)