Author Topic: Gold and silver legal tender  (Read 1230 times)

Offline ag2

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Been fishin' lately?
    • My Startup Challenge
Gold and silver legal tender
« on: April 04, 2011, 02:24:52 PM »
This looks like great news on the surface.

http://visiontoamerica.org/story/gold-silver-now-legal-tender-in-utah.html

But I can see it actually backfiring.  Now private bullion mints in Utah could be shut down by the feds, right?  Because now they are printing a form of legal tender, which is a right only the Federal Reserve has.  This could get ugly if my gut is right.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
Re: Gold and silver legal tender
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:09:09 PM »
If it's done right, there shouldn't be a problem.

NORFED had a problem because of what they stood for. They were out to stop the Federal Reserve from the onset. They were the National Organization for the Repeal of the Federal Reserve. That painted a huge target on their back. Then they issued coins with "USA", Dollar amounts, "Trust in God"....AND paper bills as well. Then when they put Ron Paul and not GWB on 2 denominations, that did it. The raid and trial were purely political.

Utah is diversifying. I would assume they will now accept AOCS barter currency and other bars/rounds as payment on debt. If Utah does mint their own money, I would think they'd do it like the Free Lakota Bank rounds that AOCS put out.

Of course, it all depends on how desperate the criminals at the Federal Reserve get while trying to keep their worthless scrip as the only money source in the US.