Author Topic: Silver Saver  (Read 3198 times)

Offline WISurvivor

• Fledgling Prepper
Silver Saver
« on: March 24, 2011, 04:19:53 PM »
Can anyone speak to this website?

https://silversaver.com/

Seems cut and dry, but I'd prefer a referral before I send my money somewhere.

Thanks!

Offline tamo42

• Survivalist Mentor
    • The Primal Prepper
Re: Silver Saver
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:10:12 PM »
Pfft. 7.8% premium for generic stuff is high. I'll sell you all the silver you want at 5%  :)

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:48:21 PM »
Find a reputable local coin shop.

endurance

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 07:07:45 PM »
I don't have a reason to say this other than just a gut feeling when I went to the website, but I wouldn't trust 'em.  Something just feels hinkey about the site.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »
APMEX has been recommended by many.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »
I've used AOCS, APMEX, and NW Territorial Mint in the past and had good results. AOCS tends to charge a bit more for their rounds, but you get more when you sell because they're limited editions. Silver Eagles run about $3-$4 above spot per oz too. NW Territorial has 1 oz "Stagecoach" rounds that can be quartered and are designed for barter. I have a roll of those just in case. Besides, they're cool.

The whole "Secured and insured storage" idea bothers me. I want physical metal, not paper saying I own it. I'm currently buying from a local dealer I have trusted for years. Just know the spot price when you go in and deal. My guy will show you right on the computer in the store what the spot price is and charges accordingly. I got an American Silver Eagle today for $40 ($2 and some change over spot).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:31:32 PM by Crash »

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
...The whole "Secured and insured storage" idea bothers me. I want physical metal, not paper saying I own it. I'm currently buying from a local dealer I have trusted for years....
I go with this 100%.

"If you don't hold it, you don't own it."

And there is nothing like a face to face transaction. I also go to a local guy I have dealt with for several years. I give him the cash and I get the metal. The receipt, next to name says "CASH" and he has no known address. (For now, anyway.)

Offline excaliber

• Survivalist Mentor
  • gunning in Iraq
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 08:12:35 PM »
looks like you are paying a lot for convenience, and that 7.8% over base price is after your "rebate", and I've yet to see a rebate that was easy to get processed. most rebates are designed to be a hassle or an inconvenience to keep you from doing it.

If the rebate is a sure thing, then why dont they just give it to you instead of calling it a rebate , you better read the super small fine print on the 54th page of the disclaimer agreement, or in what other odd page they put the real scoop.

I prefer to have my silver in a fireproof box at my house, websites can drop off the internet, and if the worst should happen they probably will.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 10:53:20 AM »
Agreed, physical metal in fireproof boxes or ammo cans is the only way to go. Deal locally and in cash!

Offline g8tors09

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 09:38:13 AM »
BUY LOCAL and avoid the mess. Look you can work out a deal with your local coin shop. They can usually get a good price on bulk orders!