Author Topic: Shelf Reliance/Thrive Food Home Party  (Read 6954 times)

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • New Blue in the House
Shelf Reliance/Thrive Food Home Party
« on: April 13, 2011, 07:24:33 AM »
DH and I hosted a Shelf Reliance Thrive food home party this past weekend. I did not know that they did this.  My DH ran into the rep at the Tanner Gun Show a couple of weekends ago and she told him that this was the way to go if you are going to do any ordering (which I already was planning to do).  So we said yes and invited some friends and everybody had a great time and saved money.  Just thought I'd put this out there because we are ending up with something like $90.00 in free food and $150.00 in half price items (all the orders aren't in yet so I'm not sure of the exact amounts - it could be more).  I also was more than impressed with their food.  I don't like powdered butter (it's gross tasting) but the rep asked me to try theirs and guess what, it tastes like butter.  I loved their freeze dried yogurt and fruit.  I also like that you can set up a Q for orders for later.  Just thought I'd share this with you all because it's a great way to get started if money is tight and for us, it was a great way to introduce to our friends about food storage and prepping.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
Re: Shelf Reliance/Thrive Food Home Party
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 08:08:40 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up TwoBluesMama. It sounds like a pretty good idea if you can fill out a party with enough people interested people.

Are all of the products available for sale/order at the parties at a discount, or is it just introductory items to hook people?

Also, do you receive the same discount after the party or is that an introductory offer as well?

Thanks!

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 08:15:01 AM »
I have been to one before, there were about 10 dealers in my small town of 1500 people  ::) can we say rural Utah?  it seems that it is a good way to order.  By going through a dealer you can get discounts for your continuing orders in the queue as well.

Offline Nicodemus

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 08:25:31 AM »
Ah, thanks Morning Sunshine!

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • New Blue in the House
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 10:13:13 AM »
Nic - we only had 3 individuals and 2 couples show and it turned out great for them and us so it doesn't take a crowd.  And one of the ways to invite people is to introduce the food as convenience rather than survival.  I let you know how it all turns out when said and done.

Offline Nicodemus

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 10:46:37 AM »
That sounds pretty good.

Thanks, TwoBlues!

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 01:47:17 PM »
I'm a Shelf Reliance rep and I do a "party" every month for miscellaneous orders so that people can get the discounted price for one-off orders without attending a physical party.  If you set up a "Q" for a monthly order, you continue to get the lowest prices on your longer term ordering plan.

I'd be happy to answer any questions or point you in the right direction.  You can PM me.

What I like about the parties is that it is a good occasion to educate people on food storage and preparedness.  It gives them a chance to ask questions and think through it more thoroughly than some of our off-handed attempts to get our friends and family to "see the light".  I especially love it when husbands and wives can both come and really get their issues out in the open.  I spend more of my time talking about why and how to store food than talking about the products themselves.  And, I don't know what other reps do, but I talk about the SR products as one aspect of food storage that goes hand-in-hand with store-what-you-eat, beans-and-rice, dehydrating, vacuum sealing and gardening.

That's why the SR/Thrive sales model is the home-party thing, because it takes a little education to help more people see why it is a good thing to store food.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 03:40:17 PM »
thanks for all the information. I've never been invited to one of this type of party... I'm sure I'd like it!

Offline Nicodemus

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 03:48:58 PM »
Thanks for the information eph2.

I'm formulating a few questions about the possibility of a party in my area. I'll get my act together and hit you with a PM.

Offline VegasAR15

• Prepper
  • A cleansing of the wicked
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 01:01:07 PM »
Thanks for the information. My wife and I have been talking about her becoming a rep. We live in a large city, Las Vegas, so I think even if there were a lot of reps here already, there is still a large market. Can it be a pretty decent second income? I think she would enjoy it, and I would love to help her with it. Thanks!

I'm a Shelf Reliance rep and I do a "party" every month for miscellaneous orders so that people can get the discounted price for one-off orders without attending a physical party.  If you set up a "Q" for a monthly order, you continue to get the lowest prices on your longer term ordering plan.

I'd be happy to answer any questions or point you in the right direction.  You can PM me.

What I like about the parties is that it is a good occasion to educate people on food storage and preparedness.  It gives them a chance to ask questions and think through it more thoroughly than some of our off-handed attempts to get our friends and family to "see the light".  I especially love it when husbands and wives can both come and really get their issues out in the open.  I spend more of my time talking about why and how to store food than talking about the products themselves.  And, I don't know what other reps do, but I talk about the SR products as one aspect of food storage that goes hand-in-hand with store-what-you-eat, beans-and-rice, dehydrating, vacuum sealing and gardening.

That's why the SR/Thrive sales model is the home-party thing, because it takes a little education to help more people see why it is a good thing to store food.

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »
Thanks for the information. My wife and I have been talking about her becoming a rep. We live in a large city, Las Vegas, so I think even if there were a lot of reps here already, there is still a large market. Can it be a pretty decent second income? I think she would enjoy it, and I would love to help her with it. Thanks!

I know there are plenty of potential customers in Las Vegas and everywhere else.  I have been so busy with other things that I have only been very part-time.  Many other reps I've talked to have been racking up the sales.  The comission structure is good if you're active and add that to food discounts and it's worthwhile.  My "sponsor" has been at it just over a year and is making a killing.  Many couples do it together.  Logistics are a bit frustrating now because the demand has gone through the roof; catalogs are back-ordered, it's hard to get to customer service on the phone, orders are taking longer.  You have to have the right attitude and help people to understand that there is an urgent reason why the food storage industry is having these issues.  Good luck!

amanadoo

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 06:30:30 PM »
Do you guys know if the foods available right now only to party customers will be available for non-party customers ordering online at any point? I've thought about hosting a party just to get my hands on the yogurt and berries :)

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 08:19:17 AM »
Do you guys know if the foods available right now only to party customers will be available for non-party customers ordering online at any point? I've thought about hosting a party just to get my hands on the yogurt and berries :)

I haven't heard when they will be released yet but most reps can order for you and add to to a party to get you the product.  I do an "internet party" for random orders each month.  I'm sure most do something like that.