Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2040 times)

Offline CountryLisa72

• Fledgling Prepper
Greetings
« on: April 17, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »
Finally I found a place where I might not get weird looks for the things I say or think:)
I am hoping to have a couple of acres in Tn where I can make my country dream come true..
I have no past expedience in country living or garden let alone animals.
Look forward to chatting with you ladies.
CountryLisa72

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:46:23 PM »
Hi Lisa,

Glad to have you here... You can find lots of information about gardening, livestock, etc. by using the search function on the forum... You'll find experiences (and probably some pix too) of everything from chickens to goats to bugs in the garden. I'd suggest you try out some of this stuff wherever you are now before making the big jump to a farm... there is a learning curve everyone has to go through. You can start it right away and save yourself some pain once you get your dream acreage.

Good luck!

LvsChant

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 12:00:38 AM »
Welcome aboard CountryLisa72, and best of luck finding the place that you're looking for to make your dreams come true!

When you get a chance, if you haven't done so already, please drop by The Front Porch > Intro Thread and introduce yourself to the forums.

Offline krickie

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »
Hi Lisa,
Welcome!  I'm new to the forum too.  I grew up in "the country" but am also still a semi-newbie when it comes to gardening, etc.
My husband and I live in the suburbs near Nashville and are also hoping for our own little TN homestead.  Do you already live here in TN?
Feel free to message me anytime if you'd like to chat and compare notes as we go through the learning process  :D

Offline mamabear

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 05:45:21 PM »
Hello from another TN mama. I mostly grew up in town, but now am renting with my DF on a farm. We do have a few neighbors, but seeing as the farm is 100 acres, that is just fine! I am still relatively new to gardening myself, and as soon as we get our job schedules figured out, we will be adding animals to our homestead. As Krickie said, feel free to share your notes and experiences and we can all compare our failures and successes.