Author Topic: Loading the .40 : chambering issues  (Read 11830 times)

Offline Falling_blue

• Survivor
Re: Loading the .40 : chambering issues
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 08:38:24 PM »
Will be loading up my first .40 sometime in the next week.  Thanks for all these posts as I am still learning.  Using a RCBS Jr single stage press will be working up a few loads.

Offline TANK

• Survivor
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 07:51:36 AM »
I have had problems with the .40 cal as well. I shoot a Glock, the Glock as well as other makes have a unsupported chamber. This makes a belly on the case like a snakes belly after it has had lunch. I reload with a Dillon 550 B Dillon tells me to use lube on the case even if you use a carbide die. Also I saw an ad but can't remember where, a new die has been made for more than full lenght sizeing. Also look in the Dillon Blue Press mag. it has new barrels that has supported chambers.

With the belly on the case you might get 1 or 2 fireings from a case, after that chambering will be a problem. Try these fixes and let me know.

Tank

Offline Falling_blue

• Survivor
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 10:09:09 PM »
The first 20 rounds of .40 ran great through my Styer M40 (fully supported chamber).  Both loads that I worked up shot well and will continue loading lead cast bullets for punching paper.  Shot a couple of rounds through my Keltec SB2000 with no problems.   So I loaded up another 100 rnds that I will be shooting over the weekend.

Offline idelphic

• I Zgjuari I DynjasĂ«
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Theoretical Conceptualist - Avatar by Ada
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »
If anyone is interested - I have some brass listed the For Sale / Trade area.  I don't own a .40 - bought all the gear to learn with, but the fellow I was loading for hasn't asked and at this stage am not going expend resources on a caliber I won't shoot.

I don't know how much I have, ... but I have more then one should with not having any use for it.  Some is LE once fired.