Author Topic: A Couple Money-Saving Tips  (Read 2175 times)

Offline J-Dawg

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
A Couple Money-Saving Tips
« on: May 12, 2011, 09:32:18 PM »
We recently came into something very interesting. The Dollar Tree. We went there, and those little sweets we all love came for a pack of twelve (Oatmeal cookies). Wal-Mart after that, we came upon the same box, just of a pack of 36, for about $7. Three boxes from the Dollar Store, $3.30, Half of the price at Wal-Mart, although you can't get those meats and such, but going for small treats and such, so much cheaper if you don't feel like cooking, or you want to go to Wal-Mart. Also, Christmas gifts or such, I was young and got my sister a bottle of Shampoo, one dollar. Talking of that, Wal-Mart: Bottle of body wash, $3.99+, at The Dollar Tree, just one dollar. Basically any house cleaning, body cleaning item you can get for half price or less at The Dollar Store. Just some things to think about when you pay that $90 at Wal-Mart.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
Re: A Couple Money-Saving Tips
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:30:28 PM »
Dollar Tree is great! We also have a Dollar General I hit on a weekly.

Offline dwhoppy

• Survivor
  • "Be Prepared!"
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 10:24:41 AM »
I also found they have 150 craft sticks (pop-cycle sticks) that are great for markers in your garden!

Offline ChrisFox

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 03:56:12 PM »
I buy the brown paper bags there to make my own microwave popcorn. Same brand half the price.

Offline J-Dawg

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 11:35:45 PM »
And another thing, if you want to go extremely cheap on a BOS, then just get they're glassware(plastic) and such. Cheap and effective.

Offline Herbalpagan

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 03:55:54 AM »
Check out the sewing stuff they have....safety pins, straight pins and needles and thread!  I once found the regular size (1 pie) cans of Comstock Pie filling there for $1...it was 3 times that in the stores.   It's a valuable resource for sure!