Author Topic: Maxant Honey Processing Equipment, Made in the USA  (Read 3733 times)

Offline beagle76

• Survivor
Maxant Honey Processing Equipment, Made in the USA
« on: May 31, 2011, 08:26:05 PM »
I have a rave here about Maxant Honey Processing Equipment. I am a hobby bee keeper. I wanted an inexpensive way to extract honey from our frames and after trying to rent and borrow an extractor I decided to go halves with my cousin on an extractor of our own. He found Maxant Honey Processing Equipment in Ayer, Massachusetts, about forty minutes from where we live.

Maxant sells commercial grade equipment for processing honey. After me getting us lost trying to find the place my wife and I found them right on the Ayer town line. When we walked inside we met George and were introduced to Jake, the owner of the company.  In the office was a wood stove where, George explained, they heated the office with wood.

Jake gave us a quick run down on how the company was founded by his family and then gave us a tour of the plant. All of the equipment is manufactured right here in the USA, right in that plant in Ayer. We saw the extractor we purchased, a hand cranked, 9 frame, stainless steel extractor in various stages of manufacture.

This is a true American family business. I got the extractor, leg kit, and two honey gates for $419.99. I never heard of the company until my cousin told me about it and never met George or Jake before, but I was impressed by them and what I saw in the plant. I will post a review after I put the legs on and extract the frames that I have ready to go. http://www.maxantindustries.com/

Offline Herbalpagan

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Maxant Honey Processing Equipment, Made in the USA
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 06:11:22 AM »
thanks so much for the link! We are talking about a handcranked two frame extractor, so we'll be looking into what they have.  Maybe even call and see about a tour or something.