Author Topic: score an apple peeler  (Read 2536 times)

Offline thezoo

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Wherever You go, there You are!
score an apple peeler
« on: June 07, 2011, 10:26:52 AM »
I dont know how she does it but 3 years ago my wife bought a crank apple peeler, that slices into spirals, bought it for 5 bucks, found ones similar on amazon for 25 bucks, well she did it again
 her and her mom went to a used goods store, and she bought another one for 4 dollars this time :egyptian:

Offline sdcharger

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: score an apple peeler
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 11:08:57 PM »
She sounds like a keeper ;D

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 11:28:59 PM »
Good deals.. now does she use you for the 'horsepower'?

Cedar  ;D

Offline thezoo

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 12:41:09 AM »
WELL LETS SEE, FIRST i MADE A SEAT TO MOUNT IT TO BECAUSE it was uncomfortable to crank When mounted on the table or counter , then she hands me a bucket full of apples and says "when your done with these I have more" here I thought id go fishing, well I kinda did of sorts my wedding ring fell off into the waste bucket and I had to "fish"for it
actually all joking aside I do like kitchen work at home, we call canning and dehydrating, making pasta "bonding"
at least im not in a bar gettin drunk, or sitting behind bars for doing something i shouldnt have, but our time together in the kitchen is valuable to me, some of our best moments were in a kitchen surrounded by mason jars, just dont drink tea from a mason jar when canning tomatos, oh crap, sorry honey i put a tomato in your tea by accident(then he goes to the bedroom to change shirt because she used the sprayer hose to get even)
1 tip for you about those peelers, if you use them on potatoes they make perfect shavings for potatoe sticks, and you will also get curly fries, hard to explain how to do it you swing the slicing blade down to you reduce the size of the spud then put the blade up to cut curly fries and the core can be used too, delisciouso. great fun good food
or is it good food good meat good God lets eat :egyptian:

Offline thezoo

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 12:44:18 AM »
She sounds like a keeper ;D
  one in a billion you wouldnt believe some of the deals she finds from time to time, this weekend her mom helped a friend do a yard sale, my mother in law  comes to our place and hands my wife a food mill, says it was on the free pile after the sale was over, never used :)