Author Topic: Browning Bow?  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Rookinde

• Senior Survivalist
Browning Bow?
« on: June 17, 2011, 01:01:41 PM »
How good are browning bows? I got on last week at a yardsale for 75 bucks. Just wondering if it was a good find or a bad deal.

Rook

edited to correct spelling in topic subject for search result improvement. TxD
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:32:22 PM by TexDaddy »

Offline Rookinde

• Senior Survivalist
Re: Browning Bow?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:48:49 AM »
Thanks Texdaddy...

Offline Huntinbull

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member. MOLON LABE
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:26:38 PM »
I have shot a browning recurve that is a takedown model. It folds to fit in a backpack. Handy and shoots good and accurate as long as you take time to make sure it is torqued down evenly. Had to learn to count my turns when assembling it. X # of turns to each bolt that attaches the limbs gives it even draw.

Offline maustypsu

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 07:04:52 PM »
Get it re-strung at your local bow shop.  They will let you know if there are any issues.  In general you should be fine but a small crack in even the best made bows could create an unsafe condition.

Offline survivNca

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 07:51:10 PM »
Good advice on getting the bow checked out at a shop. The last place you want to be if the limb breaks on a bow, is holding it. Its freaking scary. its an explosion of parts almost like bow shrapnel. Anytime your dealing with something that stores kinetic energy you want to make sure its in good order. Browning is a good bow. If it is older it was probably made by browning.   Pse bought browning now makes the newer browning bows. Have fun