Author Topic: Mediocre service so far from The Ready Store  (Read 1885 times)

inbox485

Mediocre service so far from The Ready Store
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »
I'm not generally one to rip on a vendor, and nothing so far has been a deal breaker, but I thought I'd throw this out for consideration.

On 6/3/11 I placed an order.

Details so far are:
Jun 7, 2011 Captured amount of $ online. Transaction ID: "-capture".
Jun 3, 2011
Authorized amount of $. Transaction ID: "".

On 6/6/11 I placed a different order for my mom.

Details for that order:
Jun 13, 2011
Captured amount of $ online. Transaction ID: "-capture".
Jun 6, 2011
Authorized amount of $. Transaction ID: "".

The order for my mom was shipped on 6/15 and arrived on 6/17. For both orders the items were listed as shipping in 7-10 days, so the time frame for the second order was fine.

The first order still hasn't been shipped. The order has been listed as ready to ship since the 7th when the payment was processed. To date, The Ready Store has taken no action to communicate with me other than the initial order confirmation. I finally got impatient and called them on Thursday. I was told that there was an issue in the shipping department and that a bunch of orders were not shipped because of it, but that my order would be shipped by Friday. Were that the case, and putting aside rather lousy communication, I wouldn't be that irritated about it. But my order still hasn't shipped, and an e-mail earlier this morning has gone unanswered.

So far, none of this has been a deal breaker, but if I was anticipating needing my order by a certain date, I'd be pretty PO'd. I'm also really unimpressed with the lack of communication. I understand that stuff happens, but hiding mistakes behind a lack of communication is just a piss poor business practice.

inbox485

Re: Mediocre service so far from The Ready Store
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 02:08:43 PM »
I'm adding an update for the first order that STILL has not arrived.

The short of it is that it still hasn't shipped, and their communication still absolutely sucks.

I got them on the phone again. They gave me the same canned excuse about having a shipping issue and that it would be shipped in a few days. I called them on it and told them I was told the same thing already. They said they would check into it. They got back to me later that day and said the item was sold out and would be back in stock in early July. I did finally get an email response the next day saying the same thing.

So now almost a month and a half after the order was placed and over a month since payment was made (which by their own policy isn't supposed to happen until shipment), the order hasn't been filled, and I get zip on communication unless I beat it out of them.

Offline Ronin4hire

• Senior Survivalist
  • Chance favours the prepared mind.
Re: Mediocre service so far from The Ready Store
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 06:16:02 AM »
Sounds about same as my experience with them-  LONG lead times to ship product.
Prices were decent, as was selection, and "free shipping" over $100 just took forever to arrive!
Perhaps paying freight cost at another vendor would get product to me fast.